Humanitarian mission?

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
Rapunzel

Humanitarian mission?

Post by Rapunzel »

You are assigned to spend a year in service to others. To what region of the world would you go? Why? What is the most worthy humanitarian pursuit you can imagine?
DesignerGal

Humanitarian mission?

Post by DesignerGal »

Darfur region of Sudan probably.

HBIC
Elvira

Humanitarian mission?

Post by Elvira »

:-1 I think I'd stay in the UK, and I'd help the forgotten and lonely elderly. I once spent hours being talked 'at' by an old fella who clearly had no other human contact, and had so much to say.
minks

Humanitarian mission?

Post by minks »

Habitat for Humanity.... I would help build homes for whereever they are needed.
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
Bez

Humanitarian mission?

Post by Bez »

There are many deprived places that do not get much publicity. i was particulalry moved by children rummaging on rubbish tips for food and things to sell, also breaking rocks with their parents. I think this was South America somewhere.....right now I think this would be where I'd go. I think it may have been Bolivia
A smile is a window on your face to show your heart is home
Lulu2

Humanitarian mission?

Post by Lulu2 »

I'd like to teach young women in Africa how to read and how to take care of their health. South Africa, parts of Kenya and the Sudan come immediately to mind.
My candle's burning at both ends, it will not last the night. But ah, my foes, and oh, my friends--It gives a lovely light!--Edna St. Vincent Millay

Return to “General Chit Chat”