M.O.T's in Britain

A forum to discuss the wheeled vehicle that you love.
abbey

M.O.T's in Britain

Post by abbey »

My car is due it's 1st MOT this year, the thing is, my car tax is due this month and my car was first registered end of march.

So what do i do, if i tax it in feb do i have to get it mot'd in march or wait till next year. :confused:
Imladris

M.O.T's in Britain

Post by Imladris »

You have to get the MOT done this year otherwise the car won't be road legal and your insurance will be invalid. I'm not sure if you can buy your tax with the MOT due that close but I think you can, if not the MOT can be done early and dated ahead but again I'm not sure of how early. I'd think the DVLA would have a website that could tell you all!
Originally Posted by spot

She is one fit bitch innit, that Immy

Don't worry; it only seems kinky the first time
Bryn Mawr

M.O.T's in Britain

Post by Bryn Mawr »

abbey;542458 wrote: My car is due it's 1st MOT this year, the thing is, my car tax is due this month and my car was first registered end of march.

So what do i do, if i tax it in feb do i have to get it mot'd in march or wait till next year. :confused:

You need to get it MOT'd no later than the expiry date of the existing MOT or the third anniversary of the car's first registration. You can MOT it up to one month before that date and have the MOT forward dated.
abbey

M.O.T's in Britain

Post by abbey »

Thanks to you both, good job i asked eh?
dubs

M.O.T's in Britain

Post by dubs »

Then if you tax it for six months this time, and twelve months next time, you'll have split the two six months apart, and you won't get both costs in the same month next year....;)

My dog's a cross between a Shihtzu and a Bulldog... It's a Bullsh!t..

Return to “General Chit Chat”