Off Shore Banking

Big Business, Small Business, Investments, and Personal Finances
abbey

Off Shore Banking

Post by abbey »

Anybody know how to go about opening a swiss bank account?
abbey

Off Shore Banking

Post by abbey »

ArnoldLayne wrote: Got a few bob you dont want the tax man to know about ? :D

You know they dont pay interest dont you ? Its one of the downsides to having a no-questions-asked bank account

I'll gladly look after it :rolleyes:I'll bet :wah:

Just wondered how safe it was?
Marie5656

Off Shore Banking

Post by Marie5656 »

Hiding some money, are we? Wait...I have some deposit slips right here. Do you mind if my account number is on them?

Seriously, though. I thought those were only in the movies..or for the very wealthy. Do not know anything beyond that.
abbey

Off Shore Banking

Post by abbey »

:wah: Yea right, thanks for the input matey,

think i'll give it a miss due to the fact i have a half decent brain. :rolleyes:
Uncle Kram

Off Shore Banking

Post by Uncle Kram »

abbey wrote: :wah: Yea right, thanks for the input matey,

think i'll give it a miss due to the fact i have a half decent brain. :rolleyes:
I think you only need half of half a brain Abs :rolleyes:

THE MAN WITH THE GOLDEN PUN
abbey

Off Shore Banking

Post by abbey »

Uncle Kram wrote: I think you only need half of half a brain Abs :rolleyes:Is that a quarter of a brain then avuncular chappie? :yh_bigsmi
loser

Off Shore Banking

Post by loser »

abbey;407786 wrote: Anybody know how to go about opening a swiss bank account?

I did practically nothing else for approximately 3 years of my life. So I know the odd thing or two about it ;)

Are you sure you want a swiss one? Its not the best political climate to be opening a swiss one.

Tell me,

1)What your purpose for opening it is (If you tell me the purpose i can suggest more cost effective alternatives)

2)How much do you want to put in. (not the exact amount but approximate. eg $1,000, 100,000, 1 million)

3)How important for you of your governments knowledge of your money transfer(Most countries these days will specifically monitor all money transfers to swiss and austrian bank accounts amongst others).

Anyway, let me know how you go with these questions
abbey

Off Shore Banking

Post by abbey »

loser;541353 wrote: I did practically nothing else for approximately 3 years of my life. So I know the odd thing or two about it ;)

Are you sure you want a swiss one? Its not the best political climate to be opening a swiss one.

Tell me,

1)What your purpose for opening it is (If you tell me the purpose i can suggest more cost effective alternatives)

2)How much do you want to put in. (not the exact amount but approximate. eg $1,000, 100,000, 1 million)

3)How important for you of your governments knowledge of your money transfer(Most countries these days will specifically monitor all money transfers to swiss and austrian bank accounts amongst others).

Anyway, let me know how you go with these questionsI sorted it thanks. :-6
Carl44

Off Shore Banking

Post by Carl44 »

sorry abbey , i thought off shore banker was rhyming slang for er er er bye :o
abbey

Off Shore Banking

Post by abbey »

jimbo;541697 wrote: sorry abbey , i thought off shore banker was rhyming slang for er er er bye :o
:wah: Naughty.

I was just thinking, would i really take advice from someone called Loser? :-2
loser

Off Shore Banking

Post by loser »

abbey;541830 wrote: :wah: Naughty.

I was just thinking, would i really take advice from someone called Loser? :-2

Never take advice from this loser, or any others come to think of it :driving:

BTW it is merchant banker that is rhyming slang for w....er.
loser

Off Shore Banking

Post by loser »

For people interested in offshore banking, have a look at this website

ocra dot com

You can read a lot about it then. Be careful before you register there or email them. Revenue enforcement agencies(The dreaded tax man :thinking: ) monitors these type of companies.

9/11 gave western governments an excuse to crack down on offshore banking.George Orwells big brother is alive and well at the moment. Governments want to know where their residents hold all their money.

Note that contrary to popular belief, it is not illegal to hold an offshore account. As long as you have paid tax on the earnings you received, you have the right to have your funds in any bank and any country in the world. At present, Governemtns are using terrorism as an excuse to put their adequately sticky nose into your business under the guise of "stopping the risk of terrorism blah blah. creating a greater good blah blah"
Rapunzel

Off Shore Banking

Post by Rapunzel »

Isn't Jersey also a tax haven? And it's closer to home. :)
loser

Off Shore Banking

Post by loser »

Rapunzel;541942 wrote: Isn't Jersey also a tax haven? And it's closer to home. :)

Yes, but depends what you want the offshore account for. It may not be tax savings reasons, it may be privacy reasons. There are other countries with more banking privacy than jersey. Since 9/11 there is compulsory reporting on many financial institution deposts from the UK to Jersey.

The big advantage of Jersey is that you may get to have a cup of tea with Bergerac while over there :)

Return to “Wall Street to Main Street”