Mg Rover.......

A forum to discuss the wheeled vehicle that you love.
abbey

Mg Rover.......

Post by abbey »

Up to 5000 people stand to lose their jobs, as Britains last major car manufacturer is set to close its plant at Longbridge England.

The knock-on effect will be terrible,affecting thousands of jobs all over the UK.

And i pity any poor bugger that has recently bought a new car from them! :driving:
lady cop

Mg Rover.......

Post by lady cop »

oh bollocks! hey, check out Bothwell in the Shaguar...had to ticket him today! LOL he was doing 110 and feeling cool. but i got him! :D

Attached files
gmc

Mg Rover.......

Post by gmc »

XJS the BL horror car that killed Jaguar. Now it's a Ford.

Inevitable really, you could see it coming as soon as they dumped Honda in favour of BMW. Anyone with half a brain could see what would happen. Looks like the dorectors had their fingers in the honey pot as well-at least it has been implied.
Bothwell

Mg Rover.......

Post by Bothwell »

That is what happens when you make crap cars, in the latest survey the models made at Logbridge came something like 120th out of 135 in reliability. The two models that did well, the Mini and the 75 were engineered by BMW!!

We do make world class cars, it's just they are Honda's and toyotas

GMC not sure that the Jaguar XJS had anything to do with Leyland, i am a nut for the cats and will hear no wrong about them, they are unreliable, thirsty etc etc but i just love the old ones.
"I have done my duty. I thank God for it!"
lady cop

Mg Rover.......

Post by lady cop »

i had a gorgeous antique XJ6...one night rolled it in the rain, 3 flips and landed on the roof, nothing left but the hood ornament. but that steel frame saved my life. that car looked like a crushed beer can, nobody should have lived through that. if it were some plastic car i'd be dead. i miss that Jag. :-1 still have the hood ornament and floor mats!
gmc

Mg Rover.......

Post by gmc »

Jaguar was owned by BL in the seventies. They only got better latterly

http://www.jaguarcars.com/uk/sja/ch9.html

posted by bothwell

GMC not sure that the Jaguar XJS had anything to do with Leyland, i am a nut for the cats and will hear no wrong about them, they are unreliable, thirsty etc etc but i just love the old ones.

The saint had one.

We do make world class cars, it's just they are Honda's and toyotas

Not to mention the best formula one cars and nascar as well come to that (don't tell the americans that)

Return to “General Chit Chat”