Barrett Jackson Classic Auto Auction

A forum to discuss the wheeled vehicle that you love.
Sheryl

Post by Sheryl »

Has anyone been watching the coverage of this auction on Speed Tv? We've been watching it for the last 3 days and I'm flabbergasted at the prices folks would pay for a car.
"Girls are crazy! I'm not ever getting married, I can make my own sandwiches!"

my son
Sheryl

Post by Sheryl »

I just saw a pair of '69 Boss Mustangs, one a 429, the other a 302, perfectly restored go for $520,000 :eek: :eek: :eek:

my son
SOJOURNER

Post by SOJOURNER »

Oh yes! We very much enjoy the drama in the biddings wars that sometimes occur.
CARLA

Post by CARLA »

Love it there is big money in old cars the prices just keep going up. Nothing like a classic, in fact I drive one. Someday it will pay for my grand daughters college education. :driving:
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

Sheryl

Post by Sheryl »

Hubby loves watching it. It's his dream to restore a car and take there for auction. He's done a camero ('81) and a old International pickup. Right now we have '67 Firebird convertable. It' runs good, but is really hard on the eyes. He's just waiting on time and money to start restoring it. :)

I agree Sojo the drama is pretty entertaining. I wouldn't mind being one of the bidder assistants either, I hear they make a pretty good commission. :D

my son
RedGlitter

Post by RedGlitter »

I haven't watched this year but in the past I'm always amazed at how much people will spend on cars. And it's really nice to get a look at some of those cars too. Not a car person, but I can appreciate their design.

Return to “General Chit Chat”