'Cuz I can....

BabyRider

'Cuz I can....

Post by BabyRider »

1. An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

2. A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone.

3. Colt: The original point and click interface.

4. Gun control is not about guns; it's about control.

5. If guns are outlawed, can we use swords?

6. If guns cause crime, then pencils cause misspelled words.

7. "Free" men do not ask permission to bear arms.

8. If you don't know your rights you don't have any.

9. Those who trade liberty for security have neither.

10. The United States Constitution (c) 1791. All Rights Reserved.

11. What part of "shall not be infringed" do you NOT understand?

12. The Second Amendment is in place in case the politicians ignore the others.

13. 64,999,987 firearm owners killed no one yesterday.

14. Guns only have two enemies: rust and politicians.

15. Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety.

16. You don't shoot to kill; you shoot to stay alive.

17. 911 - government sponsored Dial-a-Prayer.

18. Assault is a behavior, not a device.

19. Criminals love gun control -- it makes their job safer.

20. If guns cause crime, then matches cause arson.

21. Only a government that is afraid of its citizens tries to control them.

22. You only have the rights you are willing to fight for.

23. Enforce the "gun control laws" we ALREADY have, don't make more.

24. When you remove the people's right to bear arms, you create slaves.

25. The American Revolution would never have happened with gun control.

26. "A government of the people, by the people, for the people..."
[FONT=Arial Black]I hope you cherish this sweet way of life, and I hope you know that it comes with a price.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

Bullet's trial was a farce. Can I get an AMEN?????

We won't be punished for our sins, but BY them.

BabyRider

'Cuz I can....

Post by BabyRider »

It is my intention to keep this thread parallel with the other one posted earlier today. That way, hopefully the people who read the first one will read this one and we can make a dent in the typical, stereotypical and ridiculous media BS about guns and their owners.
[FONT=Arial Black]I hope you cherish this sweet way of life, and I hope you know that it comes with a price.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

Marie5656

'Cuz I can....

Post by Marie5656 »

Well, I will help if I can.
RhondaLu

'Cuz I can....

Post by RhondaLu »

Marie5656;523925 wrote: Well, I will help if I can.

It's a free country, you can believe in malarky,if you so choose, but there are laws.:cool:
BabyRider

'Cuz I can....

Post by BabyRider »

RhondaLu;523927 wrote: It's a free country, you can believe in malarky,if you so choose, but there are laws.:cool:
There are laws, and there are RIGHTS.

Want to explain what "malarky" you're talking about?
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

RhondaLu

'Cuz I can....

Post by RhondaLu »

BabyRider;523930 wrote: There are laws, and there are RIGHTS.

Want to explain what "malarky" you're talking about?

Your post, how are your right's infringed up on? You have no right to "bear arms"?

Thats the "malarky"!
K.Snyder

'Cuz I can....

Post by K.Snyder »

RhondaLu;523933 wrote: Your post, how are your right's infringed up on? You have no right to "bear arms"?

Thats the "malarky"!

Doesn't everyone in the U.S have rights to bear arms?
BabyRider

'Cuz I can....

Post by BabyRider »

RhondaLu;523933 wrote: Your post, how are your right's infringed up on? You have no right to "bear arms"?

Thats the "malarky"!
Oh, so it's the TITLE you've got a problem with. Well, that's your problem.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

Nomad

'Cuz I can....

Post by Nomad »

I dont have a problem with any of those statements above. I dont think the same way but I accept that guns have a place in our society. I dont think thats what the other thread was about though.
I AM AWESOME MAN
RhondaLu

'Cuz I can....

Post by RhondaLu »

BabyRider;523946 wrote: Oh, so it's the TITLE you've got a problem with. Well, that's your problem.

I have no problem with the title, The content is bogus, but hey I can think that " 'cuz I can".........:cool:
BabyRider

'Cuz I can....

Post by BabyRider »

RhondaLu;523962 wrote: I have no problem with the title, The content is bogus, but hey I can think that " 'cuz I can".........:cool:
Ok, make up your alleged mind, which is it, the title or the content? And if you're going to knock the content, again, EXPLAIN.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

RhondaLu

'Cuz I can....

Post by RhondaLu »

BabyRider;523969 wrote: Ok, make up your alleged mind, which is it, the title or the content? And if you're going to knock the content, again, EXPLAIN.

NO,no,no You explain how you are so repressed by "gun control"?
BabyRider

'Cuz I can....

Post by BabyRider »

RhondaLu;523976 wrote: NO,no,no You explain how you are so repressed by "gun control"?
Repressed? Who said repressed? I own guns, I use guns, what's your point? And apparently you can't answer the question I asked you, why is that?
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

Snooz

'Cuz I can....

Post by Snooz »

Creme Brulee, StupidCowboyTricks and now this. What amazing persistence!
RhondaLu

'Cuz I can....

Post by RhondaLu »

It is my intention to keep this thread parallel with the other one posted earlier today. That way, hopefully the people who read the first one will read this one and we can make a dent in the typical, stereotypical and ridiculous media BS about guns and their owners.

What is this point then?:-2
BabyRider

'Cuz I can....

Post by BabyRider »

RhondaLu;523985 wrote: It is my intention to keep this thread parallel with the other one posted earlier today. That way, hopefully the people who read the first one will read this one and we can make a dent in the typical, stereotypical and ridiculous media BS about guns and their owners.

What is this point then?:-2
God, do you really need every word explained to you? Looks pretty self-explanatory to me.

And since you are incapable of anwering a simple question, typed slowly and written in English, consisting of small words, I'm done with you.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

BabyRider

'Cuz I can....

Post by BabyRider »

SnoozeAgain;523984 wrote: Creme Brulee, StupidCowboyTricks and now this. What amazing persistence!
Thanks, Snooze. I should have smelled this one from a mile away. Damn good to have friends!
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

RhondaLu

'Cuz I can....

Post by RhondaLu »

BabyRider;523988 wrote: Thanks, Snooze. I should have smelled this one from a mile away. Damn good to have friends!
That's your answer then?
RhondaLu

'Cuz I can....

Post by RhondaLu »

BabyRider;523987 wrote: God, do you really need every word explained to you? Looks pretty self-explanatory to me.

And since you are incapable of anwering a simple question, typed slowly and written in English, consisting of small words, I'm done with you.

All you do is cry around how everything is unfair.....explain it .:-4
Accountable

'Cuz I can....

Post by Accountable »

mrsK;523967 wrote: We are responsible firearms owners.

We follow the laws in our country concerning firearms.

I can't see a problem with firearm ownership.

If I were to get out his registered firearms I would be in big trouble.

A policeperson came to our place to check all our registered firearms,I showed him my rifles first.

I then asked him if he wanted to see my husbands rifles,he said no, if you do I can charge you as they are not registered to you.

That was one law I wasn't aware of.

So now the keys to his safe are hidden. I don't know where his keys are.

Only he knows.

Same thing happens with my firearms.:-6
That's ... well ... sad, for lack of a better word. The gov't has reached too far when spouses risk being arrested for handling firearms in their own home.
Accountable

'Cuz I can....

Post by Accountable »

still dumb ... and unnecessarily invasive.
BabyRider

'Cuz I can....

Post by BabyRider »

mrsK;524000 wrote: Hey BR:-4 :-4

Just how many firearms do you have ?

Do you go to firing ranges to keep your "eye in" ,we do .

I find if I don't practice at least once a month I get a bit rusty on the targets.

As I get older I find my hand is shaking a bit more :-6
Right now, I have 9 weapons.

I go to the firing range frequently. Keeping that edge is a good thing! It's also a good workout when you're firing the heavy stuff. I love the ache in the shoulder after you've been firing the big guns for a while.

The shaking hands...from handguns or rifles?
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

BabyRider

'Cuz I can....

Post by BabyRider »

mrsK;524055 wrote: Shaking hands from a free standing shot with a rifle.

What about warming up with a rest on the rifle?

mrsK wrote: I remember my first shot with a scope,had my head to close to the scope & the recoil got me.Never did that again. That was a .243.:-6
Ooh, OUCH. It only takes one time with an experience like that to make you remember, doesn't it?
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

BabyRider

'Cuz I can....

Post by BabyRider »

mrsK;524065 wrote: I like the challenge of freestand shooting,competition with my husband;)
I can fully understand that! I dated a guy some years ago who HATED that I was a better skeet shot than he was. 4 or 5 out of 5 consistently, and WOW did that pi$$ him off!
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

Insomniac

'Cuz I can....

Post by Insomniac »

Those of you who have firearms, I would like you to point out where my reasoning may be false. I want to hear from those of you who actually have guns, not from those who are against having guns, because I want the opinion of someone who actually owns guns. I was thinking about getting a handgun and a concealed weapons permit, but I've never owned a gun, and I have some questions.

The world is becoming a more dangerous place and before the government or someone else decides I can't have one, I probably should get one now while I still can.

Well, that said, would I actually even have the gun with me if I am ever in a situation that requires me to protect myself? Like, would I have it in my purse when I go to the grocery store, the bank, the gas station, etc. where more and more crimes against women are being perpetrated?

Also, keeping it in my house...keeping it locked up because I have grandchildren.

So, heaven forbid someone were to break in or something, how do I get at it?

These may be stupid questions.
You can't control the wind, but you can adjust your sails.
BabyRider

'Cuz I can....

Post by BabyRider »

Insomniac;524073 wrote: Those of you who have firearms, I would like you to point out where my reasoning may be false. I want to hear from those of you who actually have guns, not from those who are against having guns, because I want the opinion of someone who actually owns guns. I was thinking about getting a handgun and a concealed weapons permit, but I've never owned a gun, and I have some questions.

The world is becoming a more dangerous place and before the government or someone else decides I can't have one, I probably should get one now while I still can.

Well, that said, would I actually even have the gun with me if I am ever in a situation that requires me to protect myself? Like, would I have it in my purse when I go to the grocery store, the bank, the gas station, etc. where more and more crimes against women are being perpetrated?

Also, keeping it in my house...keeping it locked up because I have grandchildren.

So, heaven forbid someone were to break in or something, how do I get at it?

These may be stupid questions.
No such thing as a stupid question when it comes to guns.

Couple things for you to think about here. First, are you thinking of a gun as your only means of protection? There are plenty of weapons and defenses to keep you from needing a gun. That is one only YOU can answer for YOU.

Anyone I know that carries, man or woman, has their weapon in an easily accessible place, such as a shoulder holster. Carrying it in your purse would be a mistake. One purse snatcher is all it would take to lose it, and as a CCW carrier, that would be blamed on YOU, not the theif. And a weapon in a purse is too easy to fire accidentally.

Anyone who carries that I know, also never leaves the house without a loaded weapon. Anytime a gun has been neded for them, they've had it. Having a CCW carries a LOT of responsibility, and if you can handle the gun, the responsibility the law and the fact that it could present you with the need to take a life or injure someone....well, those are all considerations for when and how you carry.

The weapon in your house question is another thing that only you can answer. My kids are all of the age that they understand guns are not toys, they are to be respected, they are to be considered loaded at all times and they are NOT TO BE TOUCHED, period. How old are your grandkids and do you feel they can be trusted with having a weapon in the house?

There is much.....SO MUCH to consider when deciding to own a weapon for personal or home defense. It is not a decision that should be made lightly, or ever forgotten.

A CCW class will go over the law of carrying as well. Weapons carriers are held to a higher standard than your "average joe." Study a lot. A LOT. Research, go to ranges and talk to the pros there, as well as others shooting their weapons.

I could go on for hours abut this, so I'll leave it where I've got it here.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

Insomniac

'Cuz I can....

Post by Insomniac »

Thanks BR. Good points about the gun going off accidentally in my purse!

Can you keep it locked in a glove compartment during the day? It gets very very hot in the car in south Florida.

My grandkids are way too young to understand...15 months old and 8 years old. They are my REAL concerns here. They are not over very often, but still.

I think I've got too many fears about this to actually go out and get one. I can't take the chance that anyone would accidently get hurt.
You can't control the wind, but you can adjust your sails.
BabyRider

'Cuz I can....

Post by BabyRider »

I guess I couldn't just leave it there.

One thing that I tell anyone considering purchasing a weapon for defense is. if you have any doubt, any hesitation, any qualms, any even slight glimmer of thought that you will not be able to take a life with your gun, DON'T get one. If I were ever to draw a weapon on a person, it would be because that person is going to kill me, or hurt my kids and my intention is to end their life. Not hurt them, not "pop a kneecap" not try for the shoulder to slow him down. My intention is to kill them. If you cannot be ready for that, you don't belong owning a gun.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

BabyRider

'Cuz I can....

Post by BabyRider »

Insomniac;524084 wrote: Thanks BR. Good points about the gun going off accidentally in my purse!

Can you keep it locked in a glove compartment during the day? It gets very very hot in the car in south Florida.

My grandkids are way too young to understand...15 months old and 8 years old. They are my REAL concerns here. They are not over very often, but still.

I think I've got too many fears about this to actually go out and get one. I can't take the chance that anyone would accidently get hurt.
Do NOT leave a weapon in your car. It's another scenario where being a CCW carrier holds you to the standard of being responsible for that gun 24/7. If your car is stolen and that gun is used, you are again responsible.

If there is fear about it, don't do it. It's just like I tell people who want to start riding a motorcycle. The enemy is fear. Respect the bike, yes. Don't fear it. A gun is a tool. It takes a long time and a lot of effort to be good with one. You might consider going to a range and trying one out just to see what firing one is like. Also just like riding, it's not for everyone. Never fear a gun that isn't pointed at you. No gun can fire a round without a person behind it pulling the trigger. Learn, have respect for them. Don't fear them.

And yes, your grandkids are too young to have a weapon unlocked in your home.

ETA: You can take a CCW class and not have to carry. I am going to put my son in a CCW class this spring so he can learn the law involved. Many people I know take the class every other year or so, whether they carry concealed or not. It's just good to keep up to speed on the law of it.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

BabyRider

'Cuz I can....

Post by BabyRider »

Diuretic, I can agree with that about law enforcement wanting to know who's got what on them! Whenever Bullet was pulled over for some traffic infraction or whatever, he always had his license and his CCW in his hand for the cop and we both kept our hands in plain sight. The cop would always ask, "Sir, do you have a weapon on you right now?" Bullet would always say yes, and then the cop wanted to know where it was. He'd tell him and it never presented a problem. Very good thought, to always make it known to the fuzz that you are carrying.

The other point, about seeing people do stupid things with their weapon, is completely opposed to my view of respect your weapon. That action from those people shows a complete lack of respect. Once that is gone, it's time to hang that gun up.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

BabyRider

'Cuz I can....

Post by BabyRider »

Diuretic;524129 wrote: Good advice BR - among the stupidities:

(a) a detective shooting a computer terminal because he grew frustrated with it. Now as much as I can sympathise I think it would have been better to emulate another detective from the same office at another time who grabbed the terminal, took it to the window and threw it out, said terminal dropping into a goldfish pond several floors below.

(b) a traffic cop who shot the Coke machine because it ripped him off (I'm just glad he wasn't shopping at the Kwiki-Mart)

(c) two traffic cops who were practising quick draws and one shooting the other (fortunately only minor wounds ensured).

There will be more of course :mad:
Many people who should not own weapons, do own them. It's disillusioning that many of them wear blue.

I have thought of, considered and wanted to plug many rounds into my computer. That's the difference: It comes to mind but sees no action.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

BabyRider

'Cuz I can....

Post by BabyRider »

Diane,I think I may be missing a part of your story here. The kid that got into your car and pulled the trigger on the gun repeatedly, ended up dead from his OWN gun? I'm not following something here, and it's very definitely the fault of my own still-sleepy brain. Sorry! I'll be fully cognizant before I choose to come read again. :yh_blush
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

Accountable

'Cuz I can....

Post by Accountable »

Novelty;524433 wrote: this argument is useless because you are already dead.Well, no worries, then! :-6
koan

'Cuz I can....

Post by koan »

Novelty;524458 wrote: :-3 have you never seen the Michael Jackson Thriller video?

:wah:

and guns don't work against zombies. you need a broadsword. Hack them to pieces.
Nomad

'Cuz I can....

Post by Nomad »

koan;524494 wrote: :wah:

and guns don't work against zombies. you need a broadsword. Hack them to pieces.

Oh my God !

Secret powder...hellooooooo:rolleyes:
I AM AWESOME MAN

Return to “Gun Control”