Do You Believe In Guardian Angels?

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
twizzel

Post by twizzel »

carolley;512231 wrote: In my life Ive had alot of "near death" experiences where it appears Ive had some "outside" help that it seems saved my life.Also at times I have been pushed in certain directions that have changed my life so so much.So do we have those Guardian Angels out there???:confused:
My Son who I lost is my guardian angel I was a police officer in the Metropolitan police and whenever I was in a position where my life was at risk I would look up and say look after your old dad micheal and I was never ever even scratched. So YES is the answer.
hoxtonchris

Post by hoxtonchris »

ive lost mamy many people in my life,i often ask them all to help me thru dilemmas ,recently i asked carrolleys mum to help me even tho wed never met,i was in a quandary which way to go all of a sudden at a blistering pace things fell into place,sorry i cant be clearer its very sensative.
hoxtonchris

Post by hoxtonchris »

coincidence??mmmm i dunno,,,,,,when my son was about 6 or 7 i was reading the readers digest one day.the article was the new discovery ,The heimlic manouver!the very next day my son got a lump of cough candy wedged firmly in his throat,it wouldnt budge,then i recalled the digest column,i bent him over yanked into his stomach and whoosh!!the sweet came out with such force it shattered in the wall!i do believe i was "shown"that article as ime a very selective reader,crime only usualy gets my attention
WonderWendy3

Post by WonderWendy3 »

hoxtonchris;519557 wrote: coincidence??mmmm i dunno,,,,,,when my son was about 6 or 7 i was reading the readers digest one day.the article was the new discovery ,The heimlic manouver!the very next day my son got a lump of cough candy wedged firmly in his throat,it wouldnt budge,then i recalled the digest column,i bent him over yanked into his stomach and whoosh!!the sweet came out with such force it shattered in the wall!i do believe i was "shown"that article as ime a very selective reader,crime only usualy gets my attention

hmmm, that got me to thinkin'....4 years ago, my ex left me with a vehicle that hardly ran and no cell phone (took with him-said I didn't deserve it) and I had the 3 boys ages 14, 8 & 7 ish....well I finally after 3 months after he left, got child support after taking him to court of course.....I bought a cell phone, felt real guilty about spending the money...the next day, my children were baptized in the river (our church did only once a year in summer) and on the way home, I hit a railroad track and it knocked the battery (which the ex put in grudgingly right before he left me) out, it wasn't strapped, therefore shorting everything out...and leaving me and the boys stranded in the middle of the country!! THANKFULLY, I had the cell phone for the first time in MONTHS!! and my sister in law was near by...called tow truck, a really scary situation, turned out to be okay...and even though you could call in coincidence....I know that God watches over me and my children!!!
hoxtonchris

Post by hoxtonchris »

Magenta flame;519617 wrote: Hhhmmm I usually get on peoples nerves went entering this kind of discussion.

I dont' believe in guardian angels I dont' believe God chooses any one person to die or get injured or be left stranded with or without mobile phones. I don't believe he sends anyone to give us a plan or make desicions for us and guide us.

there is no biblical preface for any of those beliefs. Somehow it crept into christian thought. There is no documented or historical call to believe anything about angels being on earth except for those thrown from heaven (which god said were terrible beings and detestable in his eyes) The only Angels biblically recorded as being on earth with Gods consent were messengers pure and simple and only given to those of importance. biblically documented : they didn't even come to save Jesus and when questioned on this Jesus said if God so wished it there would be legions of angels to protect him. So if they are not there when needed for him then how the heck do you summize that they would be there for you ? On what basis do you come to this conclusion? It a fairy tale to believe this.

With the understanding of Angels coming to save you when in need why havent' they saved millions dying of starvation in Africa? why didn't god send Angels to save children during 9/11?

why hasn't god saved innocent victims of car accidents when a drunk driver walks away? did god see fit to save him and not a family of five ?

The understanding that people have of Angels is flawed and misplaced .

God has given us a blueprint to live by Teachings, Commandments, Brains for the knowledge of mathmatics and physics, Language etc.. etc.. But more importantly a conscience and a need to do what is right. It does not take a brain surgeon to work out that there are risk factors in everyday life and that some of us will eventually fall victim to these. magenta,the old saying,god works in mysterious ways is a handy peice to remember,the important the thing to remember is we need hope,ime recently bereaved,i need to feel that she is in a better place,being looked after as i looked after her.also its nice to believe our past family may be looking out for us.i just wished folk with a good power of argument would allow us our hopes.i respect that this thread is an open forum,but please ,those that can persuade well,,,,,,,,please dont take our hope away.
hoxtonchris

Post by hoxtonchris »

heres my example of why we need hope.in 2005,my grandaoughter was born at just 23 weeks!she weighed 900grams,just less than a bag of sugar,the outcome looked bleak to say the least.i saw my son,a huge powerfull man of just 26 years,reduced to a exhausted emotional zombie,it broke my heart,i went to my chapel and prayed and pleaded with god,angels,jesus,anybodey i could grab hold of.i begged god if anybodey must be hurt this day then let it be me!i so desperatly wanted to die in her place,i felt some comfort that i was being listened to ,in fact i KNEW iwas,i was scared genuinly ,that ide tried to make a deal with god,so much so i went back to the chapel and said sorry for trying to do a "street"deal with him,so promised him ,i would never hide my faith again from anybodey,in my circle of friends its not done to mention god,well at least it wasnt,i do now!.....my grandaoughter is 15 months old and doing great!,,,thank god!
hoxtonchris

Post by hoxtonchris »

before and after

Attached files
pantsonfire321@aol.com

Post by pantsonfire321@aol.com »

Nope . I believe we make our own luck in this world . I've got no problem with other people believing what they want , i just have to see it - before i start believing .:thinking:
Can go from 0 - to bitch in 3.0 seconds .:D

Smile people :yh_bigsmi

yep, this bitch bites back .;)
Imladris

Post by Imladris »

Chris, congratulations on a beautiful grand-daughter. Grand-kids are the best!!!

I don't think MF was trying to take anyones hope away she was just putting across her point of view in her typically honest way.

Hope is important and a tenuous thing for us all.

Guardian Angels and the belief in them is a personal matter for the individual - if you choose to believe then fine but those that don't shouldn't be chastised for damaging your belief in the same way that atheists don't damage the faith of Christians just by saying they don't believe in God.

Without being personal to anyone who chooses to post on this forum I feel that if you cannot cope with someone challenging your opinion on any subject then you shouldn't post it in the first place.

As for guardian angels - well I just don't know but I'd like to think someone is looking out for me.
Originally Posted by spot

She is one fit bitch innit, that Immy

Don't worry; it only seems kinky the first time
twizzel

Post by twizzel »

maybe your son had a guardian angel who put the article in front of you and made you read it. at any event he is a lucky young man.
hoxtonchris

Post by hoxtonchris »

Imladris;520239 wrote: Chris, congratulations on a beautiful grand-daughter. Grand-kids are the best!!!

I don't think MF was trying to take anyones hope away she was just putting across her point of view in her typically honest way.

Hope is important and a tenuous thing for us all.

Guardian Angels and the belief in them is a personal matter for the individual - if you choose to believe then fine but those that don't shouldn't be chastised for damaging your belief in the same way that atheists don't damage the faith of Christians just by saying they don't believe in God.

Without being personal to anyone who chooses to post on this forum I feel that if you cannot cope with someone challenging your opinion on any subject then you shouldn't post it in the first place.

As for guardian angels - well I just don't know but I'd like to think someone is looking out for me. ooops didnt mean to critisise or chastise ,i was simply ASKING,anybodey who could argue well enough to change others minds to at least concider they may be ultimately destroying hope.,,,sorry!
RedGlitter

Post by RedGlitter »

hoxtonchris;519557 wrote: coincidence??mmmm i dunno,,,,,,when my son was about 6 or 7 i was reading the readers digest one day.the article was the new discovery ,The heimlic manouver!the very next day my son got a lump of cough candy wedged firmly in his throat,it wouldnt budge,then i recalled the digest column,i bent him over yanked into his stomach and whoosh!!the sweet came out with such force it shattered in the wall!i do believe i was "shown"that article as ime a very selective reader,crime only usualy gets my attention

That could have been from a guiding spirit who knew that would happen and had the power to help you prevent it because it wasn't your son's time to go. There is theory that the "dead" have a different kind of energy level than we mortals do and that they have powers they are just learning to cultivate.

I don't subscribe to the christian heaven and angels and etc. But I do tend to think our angels are formerly those who have loved us in life or passed on before we were born. I believe spirits exist unequivocally whether we call them spirits, loved ones or angels. :) That's my take.
hoxtonchris

Post by hoxtonchris »

well all i know is ,wheather there is a god,angels ,spirits,i just need to feel we are being watched over when the bad stuff comes.like most at my age ive been thru some terrible stuff,but nothing as bad as when i saw my huge ,tough sons face when his daoughter was born so premature.his face said to me,"make this right dad as you useualy do please"i had nothing to offer ,,exept prayer and faith,as i said earlier,i went to chapel and begged to be taken in her place.the look of desperation on my sons face will haunt me forever.but its nothing compared to the look of relief i saw when she was given the ok to go home.the fact that i believed god,angels,MIGHT,help was a huge comfort,if ide had no faith at all,god only knows how ide have faired.
twizzel

Post by twizzel »

WonderWendy3;519597 wrote: hmmm, that got me to thinkin'....4 years ago, my ex left me with a vehicle that hardly ran and no cell phone (took with him-said I didn't deserve it) and I had the 3 boys ages 14, 8 & 7 ish....well I finally after 3 months after he left, got child support after taking him to court of course.....I bought a cell phone, felt real guilty about spending the money...the next day, my children were baptized in the river (our church did only once a year in summer) and on the way home, I hit a railroad track and it knocked the battery (which the ex put in grudgingly right before he left me) out, it wasn't strapped, therefore shorting everything out...and leaving me and the boys stranded in the middle of the country!! THANKFULLY, I had the cell phone for the first time in MONTHS!! and my sister in law was near by...called tow truck, a really scary situation, turned out to be okay...and even though you could call in coincidence....I know that God watches over me and my children!!!
Its amazing how many men leave women who other men would be honoured to have. The dpp in england was arrested curb crawling he had a beutiful wife the tom he picked up it would not be possible for me or anyone I know to sleep with her was the uglist woman I have ever seen and really skinny. The dpp's wife killed herself.
hoxtonchris

Post by hoxtonchris »

twizzel,looks dont mean jack crap if a person is cruel or callous.that man may have been a bloke who was looking at a life time of enforced celibacy ,he could have decided to stay married to her even tho there would be no physical side to it.going with an ugley tom would give him physical relief without too much risk of and emotional tie...i always say let no one judge another until you walked in their shoes.
Imladris

Post by Imladris »

hoxtonchris;521713 wrote: twizzel,looks dont mean jack crap if a person is cruel or callous.that man may have been a bloke who was looking at a life time of enforced celibacy ,he could have decided to stay married to her even tho there would be no physical side to it.going with an ugley tom would give him physical relief without too much risk of and emotional tie...i always say let no one judge another until you walked in their shoes.

or he could have just been a saddo who like risky sex or wanted to do something his wife wouldn't.
Originally Posted by spot

She is one fit bitch innit, that Immy

Don't worry; it only seems kinky the first time
twizzel

Post by twizzel »

Imladris;521748 wrote: or he could have just been a saddo who like risky sex or wanted to do something his wife wouldn't.

Good avice it is to.
RedGlitter

Post by RedGlitter »

twizzel;521352 wrote: The dpp's wife killed herself.

She should have killed the sob who cheated on her. There's no excuse for that.
twizzel

Post by twizzel »

RedGlitter;522319 wrote: She should have killed the sob who cheated on her. There's no excuse for that.
At any event she should not have killed herself.
twizzel

Post by twizzel »

carolley;525981 wrote: Sorry Ive not been about..............Red I find your comments so interesting infact its so good reading everybodys thoughts on this matter. Thankyou.
I believe that when my son died he went to heaven I belive he keeps me safe as in life I tried my level best to keep him safe. whether the Angels are eternal spirits who have always lived with God or they are the spirits of those who love us who have passed over does not really matter, what does matter is that they are looking after us.

Return to “General Chit Chat”