2 Black Robbers - true story

Talk about your favorite comedians, their skits, and all things comedy.
Patsy Warnick

Post by Patsy Warnick »

Recently spending a weekend in Atlantic City, a woman & her husband are playing slots and win. The woman wants to take the bucket of coins back up to their room before eating. Husband waits at the slot machine for his wife to return.

The woman was about to enter the elevator, when she notice the 2 black men in the elevator, one of the men was tall and intimidating. She thought for sure she'll be robbed, she stood there, she starred at the 2 men, hesitated and entered the elevator. Avoiding eye contact, she turned around stiffly and the elevator doors closed.

A second passed and another, her fears increased, panic increased,and she starts sweating.

Then one man said "hit the floor". Instinct kicked in - her quarters flew into the air and she collapsed on the floor of the elevator.

She heard one man say politely Ma'am, if you'll just tell us what floor, we'll push the button.

The 2 men reach down - pick the woman up off the floor, and help pick up the coins. The woman was obviously shaken, the 2 men assist her down the corridor to her room.

The next morning flowers were delivered to her room. 1 dozen Roses and attached to each rose a crisp $100.00 dollar bill.

The card said "THANKS FOR THE BEST LAUGH WE'VE HAD IN YEARS"

EDDIE MURPHY

MICHAEL JORDON
WonderWendy3

Post by WonderWendy3 »

NUH UH!!!! too funny!! I'd do the same thing...must of been a long time ago...duh, says recently...but still how can you not recognize Eddie Murphy??? Michael Jordan I might not know...but Eddie FOR SURE!
spot

Post by spot »

http://urbanlegends.about.com/library/w ... 092299.htm

The Elevator Story

Dateline: 09/22/99

By David Emery

According to a very popular story circulating in the early '80s, a group of white, female tourists visiting New York City were joined in an elevator by a black man with a large dog in tow. As the elevator doors closed, the man firmly commanded his dog to "Sit," at which point the timorous ladies – assuming they were being mugged – sat.

As the story goes, the man apologized profusely even though he had done nothing wrong and explained that the order was meant for the dog. Embarrassed, the women brushed themselves off and explained they were from out of town. One of them asked nervously if the man could suggest a good restaurant nearby. He did so, then departed.

Later, after dining at the restaurant, the women were presented with a check marked "Paid in full." The waiter told them their meal had been paid for by baseball star Reggie Jackson – the man they had met on the elevator.

Quite an amusing story, not a word of which is true.

How do we know? Because, among other reasons, precisely the same story has been told over the years with Wilt Chamberlain, Magic Johnson, O.J. Simpson, Charlie Pride, and other black celebrities in the role of the gracious gentleman mistaken for a mugger. (Folklorist Jan Harold Brunvand catalogued many of these in The Choking Doberman, W.W. Norton, 1984.)

False or not, the elevator story is still with us today, circulating in both oral and electronic form, though a few important details have morphed since the '80s – Eddie Murphy is the current celebrity guest (sometimes accompanied by basketball star Michael Jordan); the number of fearful tourists has dwindled to one; and, most interesting of all, somebody figured out how to make the story work without a dog.

The only reason I bring it up at all is the "true story" assertion in the post title.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
WonderWendy3

Post by WonderWendy3 »

spot;520069 wrote: http://urbanlegends.about.com/library/w ... 092299.htm

The Elevator Story

Dateline: 09/22/99

By David Emery

According to a very popular story circulating in the early '80s, a group of white, female tourists visiting New York City were joined in an elevator by a black man with a large dog in tow. As the elevator doors closed, the man firmly commanded his dog to "Sit," at which point the timorous ladies – assuming they were being mugged – sat.

As the story goes, the man apologized profusely even though he had done nothing wrong and explained that the order was meant for the dog. Embarrassed, the women brushed themselves off and explained they were from out of town. One of them asked nervously if the man could suggest a good restaurant nearby. He did so, then departed.

Later, after dining at the restaurant, the women were presented with a check marked "Paid in full." The waiter told them their meal had been paid for by baseball star Reggie Jackson – the man they had met on the elevator.

Quite an amusing story, not a word of which is true.

How do we know? Because, among other reasons, precisely the same story has been told over the years with Wilt Chamberlain, Magic Johnson, O.J. Simpson, Charlie Pride, and other black celebrities in the role of the gracious gentleman mistaken for a mugger. (Folklorist Jan Harold Brunvand catalogued many of these in The Choking Doberman, W.W. Norton, 1984.)

False or not, the elevator story is still with us today, circulating in both oral and electronic form, though a few important details have morphed since the '80s – Eddie Murphy is the current celebrity guest (sometimes accompanied by basketball star Michael Jordan); the number of fearful tourists has dwindled to one; and, most interesting of all, somebody figured out how to make the story work without a dog.

The only reason I bring it up at all is the "true story" assertion in the post title.

Thanks Spot, figured you would do that...I can sleep better tonight!!:) :) :)
YZGI

Post by YZGI »

I got into an elevator holding a bunch of money once. In it were Spot and Koan. Scared the crap out of me. All the sudden one of them said "Hit the floor" I dropped all my money as I fell on the floor laughing.:D
WonderWendy3

Post by WonderWendy3 »

YZGI;520078 wrote: I got into an elevator holding a bunch of money once. In it were Spot and Koan. Scared the crap out of me. All the sudden one of them said "Hit the floor" I dropped all my money as I fell on the floor laughing.:D

Is this a TRUE STORY???
YZGI

Post by YZGI »

WonderWendy3;520091 wrote: Is this a TRUE STORY???
Um No. Its was a parody.:D
spot

Post by spot »

YZGI;520078 wrote: I got into an elevator holding a bunch of money once. In it were Spot and Koan. Scared the crap out of me. All the sudden one of them said "Hit the floor" I dropped all my money as I fell on the floor laughing.:D

Recently spending a few hours on ForumGarden, Wiseguy is flirting with the more concupiscent of the womenfolk and having a great time. He decides to post in the Problems, Solutions & Feedback forum and sees the word "embed" in a title. Phwoar, he thinks, I can have fun with this, he says, as he piles in with all the innuendo at his disposal. Only after posting does he notice the steely-eyed author of the thread's original post. She glances toward him with a considered look. Wiseguy quietly retreats from the thread, makes himself a hot drink and tries to shake off the foreboding of imminent doom which grips his bowels.

Returning to his computer he stares aghast at a new thread in General Chit Chat... he's apparently "ready and willing to give advice on how to solve any 'in bed' problems that people might be having", he reads, and already he's being asked "How do I achieve Nirvana during sex" by one of his scarier admirers. Realizing that retraction is far too distant an option he grits his teeth, swears under his breath and submits to an inexorable fate.

Ten hours and ninety five posts later, Wiseguy staggers limply to his mattress hoping he might die quietly in his sleep rather than face another day so fraught with embarrassment. "Oh, that I had been more cautious when intruding into a serious forum with my badinage", he thinks, turning out the light and knowing sleep will evade him for hours.

By the next morning a PM has been delivered to his Inbox. It simply reads "THANKS FOR THE BEST LAUGH WE'VE HAD IN YEARS"

KOAN.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
YZGI

Post by YZGI »

spot;520132 wrote: Recently spending a few hours on ForumGarden, Wiseguy is flirting with the more concupiscent of the womenfolk and having a great time. He decides to post in the Problems, Solutions & Feedback forum and sees the word "embed" in a title. Phwoar, he thinks, I can have fun with this, he says, as he piles in with all the innuendo at his disposal. Only after posting does he notice the steely-eyed author of the thread's original post. She glances toward him with a considered look. Wiseguy quietly retreats from the thread, makes himself a hot drink and tries to shake off the foreboding of imminent doom which has grips his bowels.

Returning to his computer he stares aghast at a new thread in General Chit Chat... he's apparently "ready and willing to give advice on how to solve any 'in bed' problems that people might be having", he reads, and already he's being asked "How do I achieve Nirvana during sex" by one of his scarier admirers. Realizing that retraction is far too distant an option he grits his teeth, swears under his breath and submits to an inexorable fate.

Ten hours and ninety five posts later, Wiseguy staggers limply to his mattress hoping he might die quietly in his sleep rather than face another day so fraught with embarrassment. "Oh, that I had been more cautious when intruding into a serious forum with my badinage", he thinks, turning out the light and knowing sleep will evade him for hours.

By the next morning a PM has been delivered to his Inbox. It simply reads "THANKS FOR THE BEST LAUGH WE'VE HAD IN YEARS"

KOAN.

Now that is a true story. Very funny spot. Good one. Have a good day mate.
Carl44

Post by Carl44 »

spot;520132 wrote: Recently spending a few hours on ForumGarden, Wiseguy is flirting with the more concupiscent of the womenfolk and having a great time. He decides to post in the Problems, Solutions & Feedback forum and sees the word "embed" in a title. Phwoar, he thinks, I can have fun with this, he says, as he piles in with all the innuendo at his disposal. Only after posting does he notice the steely-eyed author of the thread's original post. She glances toward him with a considered look. Wiseguy quietly retreats from the thread, makes himself a hot drink and tries to shake off the foreboding of imminent doom which grips his bowels.

KOAN.

now that is a true story :wah:
Carl44

Post by Carl44 »

jimbo;520137 wrote: now that is a true story :wah:

bit of a cracker hitting that button so fast aint he :wah:
koan

Post by koan »

Just don't expect me to send you flowers with $100 bills clipped onto them, YZGI ;)
YZGI

Post by YZGI »

koan;520151 wrote: Just don't expect me to send you flowers with $100 bills clipped onto them, YZGI ;)
How bout Euros?
YZGI

Post by YZGI »

jimbo;520138 wrote: bit of a cracker hitting that button so fast aint he :wah:
Great minds do think alike eh?
guppy

Post by guppy »

jimbo;520137 wrote: now that is a true story :wah:

AW, WISE GUY, YOUR THREAD WAS ONE OF THE MOST INTERESTING ONES GOING ON HERE IN A WHILE...I LOVED IT!!!!:p
YZGI

Post by YZGI »

guppy;520168 wrote: AW, WISE GUY, YOUR THREAD WAS ONE OF THE MOST INTERESTING ONES GOING ON HERE IN A WHILE...I LOVED IT!!!!:p
Interesting is a good word Gupps.:D I know I went over the line a few times but I had to work so fast that I didnt have time to consider my remarks before posting, Or did I?:-3
Patsy Warnick

Post by Patsy Warnick »

I'm sure this story has floated around with different variables

I heard this on David Letterman - so it must be true - David wouldn't lie:-2

Patsy
BabyRider

Post by BabyRider »

Patsy Warnick;520235 wrote: I'm sure this story has floated around with different variables

I heard this on David Letterman - so it must be true - David wouldn't lie:-2

This is another joke, right?
[FONT=Arial Black]I hope you cherish this sweet way of life, and I hope you know that it comes with a price.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

Bullet's trial was a farce. Can I get an AMEN?????

We won't be punished for our sins, but BY them.

WonderWendy3

Post by WonderWendy3 »

BabyRider;520271 wrote: This is another joke, right?

I believed her,I believe EVERYTHING I read to be true until Spot tells me differently!! :)

all in fun Spot, I know you hate these....:D ---so sorry:(

Return to “Talk About Comedy”