A big hug for BR.

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
pantsonfire321@aol.com

A big hug for BR.

Post by pantsonfire321@aol.com »

Lets show Criss some support after her court date today .

Here's a couple :yh_hugs :yh_hugs i hope things went ok .
Can go from 0 - to bitch in 3.0 seconds .:D

Smile people :yh_bigsmi

yep, this bitch bites back .;)
theia

A big hug for BR.

Post by theia »

Loads of hugs, BR :yh_hugs
Live the questions now. Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live along some distant day into the answers...Rainer Maria Rilke
Tater Tazz

A big hug for BR.

Post by Tater Tazz »

:yh_hugs :yh_hugs hope everything went okay!
Bill Sikes

A big hug for BR.

Post by Bill Sikes »

pantsonfire321@aol.com;518487 wrote: COLOR="Magenta"]SIZE="3"]B]Lets show Criss some support after her court date today .

Here's a couple :yh_hugs :yh_hugs i hope things went ok .

What did she (allegedly) do?

Well, thanks for the help, everyone. I looked it up.

I also hope everything went well for you, and badly for the POS.
Carl44

A big hug for BR.

Post by Carl44 »

best wishes baby rider , i really hope all goes well :-4 :-6 :-6 :-6
Imladris

A big hug for BR.

Post by Imladris »

Hugs and best wishes BR:-6
Originally Posted by spot

She is one fit bitch innit, that Immy

Don't worry; it only seems kinky the first time
WonderWendy3

A big hug for BR.

Post by WonderWendy3 »

Many :yh_hugs for BR!!
SuzyB

A big hug for BR.

Post by SuzyB »

WITH YOU IN MIND BR:-4 :-4 :-4
I am nobody..nobody is perfect...therefore I must be Perfect!

Galbally

A big hug for BR.

Post by Galbally »

Good luck BR. ;)
"We are never so happy, never so unhappy, as we imagine"

Le Rochefoucauld.

"A smack in the face settles all arguments, then you can move on kid."

My dad 1986.
chocoholic

A big hug for BR.

Post by chocoholic »

and Good Luck BR

minks

A big hug for BR.

Post by minks »

HUGE HUGGS
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
AussiePam

A big hug for BR.

Post by AussiePam »

Lots of loving thoughts coming your way, BR !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"Life is too short to ski with ugly men"

Lulu2

A big hug for BR.

Post by Lulu2 »

I've been thinking about you all morning, B'R! Hope you felt our good VIBES!
My candle's burning at both ends, it will not last the night. But ah, my foes, and oh, my friends--It gives a lovely light!--Edna St. Vincent Millay
Bryn Mawr
Site Admin

A big hug for BR.

Post by Bryn Mawr »

How soon can we hope to hear - I'd guess 4pm local would be the earliest?

Say 10pm UK time

It just that it's getting uncomfortable with *everything* crossed and I want to start cheering.
BabyRider

A big hug for BR.

Post by BabyRider »

He pled. "No contest" and any jail time is unlikely. Our system working it's "magic" yet again.
[FONT=Arial Black]I hope you cherish this sweet way of life, and I hope you know that it comes with a price.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

Bullet's trial was a farce. Can I get an AMEN?????

We won't be punished for our sins, but BY them.

Carl44

A big hug for BR.

Post by Carl44 »

br could you clarify that for me it sounds like good news but i'm not sure :confused:
BabyRider

A big hug for BR.

Post by BabyRider »

jimbo;519255 wrote: br could you clarify that for me it sounds like good news but i'm not sure :confused:
"No contest" means neither guilty or innocent in the plea. It basically says, "I'm not arguing with the charges and I admit to nothing." He will NOT be spending any time in jail for nearly killing me.
[FONT=Arial Black]I hope you cherish this sweet way of life, and I hope you know that it comes with a price.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

Carl44

A big hug for BR.

Post by Carl44 »

BabyRider;519259 wrote: "No contest" means neither guilty or innocent in the plea. It basically says, "I'm not arguing with the charges and I admit to nothing." He will NOT be spending any time in jail for nearly killing me.

holy crap i'm a king moron i thought you meant bullet was coming out sorry br :( :( :o :o
minks

A big hug for BR.

Post by minks »

BabyRider;519259 wrote: "No contest" means neither guilty or innocent in the plea. It basically says, "I'm not arguing with the charges and I admit to nothing." He will NOT be spending any time in jail for nearly killing me.

That is so obcenely sickning........ BR I am sorry to hear that, so what happens to him ??? Just a fine?? He walks? It makes my blood boil hearing this.

― Mae West
BabyRider

A big hug for BR.

Post by BabyRider »

jimbo;519264 wrote: holy crap i'm a king moron i thought you meant bullet was coming out sorry br :( :( :o :o
No, Jim you're NOT a moron. It's tough keeping track of 2 different cases on the forum, ain't it? No apologies are needed.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

BabyRider

A big hug for BR.

Post by BabyRider »

minks;519266 wrote: That is so obcenely sickning........ BR I am sorry to hear that, so what happens to him ??? Just a fine?? He walks? It makes my blood boil hearing this.
He will be put on probation. His past record shows a complete disregard for any type of authority, so we are positive he will screw up probation which will send him to jail. Plus he has the civil suit AND the lawsuit to contend with from me still. If I have to hunt it down and walk it to him at gunpoint, he will see justice. One way or another.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

minks

A big hug for BR.

Post by minks »

BabyRider;519277 wrote: He will be put on probation. His past record shows a complete disregard for any type of authority, so we are positive he will screw up probation which will send him to jail. Plus he has the civil suit AND the lawsuit to contend with from me still. If I have to hunt it down and walk it to him at gunpoint, he will see justice. One way or another.

Bloody hell!

Well girl I for one support you 100%

― Mae West
Rain

A big hug for BR.

Post by Rain »

Ah yes.... The fine "American Way". NOT! Oh Criss I'm SO sorry and P.O.'d at "the system". ARG!!!! :-5 :-5 :-5

Hugging you gently.
BabyRider

A big hug for BR.

Post by BabyRider »

Rain;519291 wrote: Ah yes.... The fine "American Way". NOT! Oh Criss I'm SO sorry and P.O.'d at "the system". ARG!!!! :-5 :-5 :-5

Hugging you gently.
The worst part? How the HELL do I tell Bullet? He has said to me, many times, that he would give up his appeal to see the drunk spend one NIGHT in prison. This is going to crush him.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

SuzyB

A big hug for BR.

Post by SuzyB »

I'm so sorry BR, your system sounds as F***ed up as ours. Do you have a date for Bullets appeal yet?

Sue x
I am nobody..nobody is perfect...therefore I must be Perfect!

Bryn Mawr
Site Admin

A big hug for BR.

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Does the court not then hear the case to determine guilt?

Could you do that with a murder case?

How do they pass sentence if they don't know if the bastard's guilty or not?

This makes no sense whatsoever!
chonsigirl

A big hug for BR.

Post by chonsigirl »

That is horrible! No jail time, no contest accepted by the judge!:mad:
BabyRider

A big hug for BR.

Post by BabyRider »

SuzyB;519311 wrote: I'm so sorry BR, your system sounds as F***ed up as ours. Do you have a date for Bullets appeal yet?

Sue x
The appeal lawyer is due at any minute to have his sit-down with Bullet. His written brief will be in front of the judge on March 19. At that point, several things can happen. The best, the judge looks at the trial evidence and the brief from our lawyer and throws out the conviction. The worst, he tosses the appeal out the window. There is plenty of middle ground between the 2 scenarios, one of which is a new trial, which we would win because the prosecutor knows we know all his "tricks", and can counteract them.

I am well and truly done with getting F$*#ed over by this justice system.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

minks

A big hug for BR.

Post by minks »

you are damned if you do and damned if you don't

it's insane that your man is in jail

and this low life cretin walking time bomb may walk....

I say toss him to the lions, tell them what he is all about and let the "inmate justice" take over.

― Mae West
Lulu2

A big hug for BR.

Post by Lulu2 »

:-5 I can't even imagine how you're feeling right now! I'm happy you still have the lawsuits to make him miserable.

Holding the best possible thought for your Bullet.
My candle's burning at both ends, it will not last the night. But ah, my foes, and oh, my friends--It gives a lovely light!--Edna St. Vincent Millay
Erinna1112

A big hug for BR.

Post by Erinna1112 »

Bryn Mawr;519319 wrote: Does the court not then hear the case to determine guilt?

Could you do that with a murder case?

How do they pass sentence if they don't know if the bastard's guilty or not?

This makes no sense whatsoever!

The plea bargain means no trial.

Yes, you could do that with a murder case.

The judge passes sentence based on the deal that was worked out between the defense and the prosecution. In this case, the deal was that if he copped to the felony, he wouldn't do any more time than he already has.

The prosecutor in this case - who is well-known for going after the flashy, hard-to-win cases - said that there would be less than a 50% chance of conviction, if this had gone to trial. The breathalyzer registered a 0.03% BAC, which is far below the legal impared limit of 0.08%. The fact that he was a minor means that he shouldn't have been drinking at all, but the prosecutor said that it would be extremely difficult to convince a jury that the small amount of alcohol in his system was a contributing factor in the wreck. Since the charge was "Driving while impaired, causing great bodily injury," the prosecutor didn't think that the "driving while impaired" would stick.

So, now the guy has a felony conviction on his record. And he will be on probation (the prosecutor is going to ask for three years), and at some point, given his attitude toward the law and his previous record, he *is* going to screw up. If he so much as gets pulled over for not wearing his seatbelt, and the police officer smells alcohol on him, he goes to jail.

The prosecutor also said that BR has a lock on the civil case. So, some small comfort. Not much, though, and not nearly enough.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

I swear by my life - and my love of it - that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. ~Ayn Rand

If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention.

A*M*E*N!
minks

A big hug for BR.

Post by minks »

ack you just want to rattle a few heads!!!!

― Mae West
Bryn Mawr
Site Admin

A big hug for BR.

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Erinna1112;519395 wrote: The plea bargain means no trial.

Yes, you could do that with a murder case.

The judge passes sentence based on the deal that was worked out between the defense and the prosecution. In this case, the deal was that if he copped to the felony, he wouldn't do any more time than he already has.

The prosecutor in this case - who is well-known for going after the flashy, hard-to-win cases - said that there would be less than a 50% chance of conviction, if this had gone to trial. The breathalyzer registered a 0.03% BAC, which is far below the legal impared limit of 0.08%. The fact that he was a minor means that he shouldn't have been drinking at all, but the prosecutor said that it would be extremely difficult to convince a jury that the small amount of alcohol in his system was a contributing factor in the wreck. Since the charge was "Driving while impaired, causing great bodily injury," the prosecutor didn't think that the "driving while impaired" would stick.

So, now the guy has a felony conviction on his record. And he will be on probation (the prosecutor is going to ask for three years), and at some point, given his attitude toward the law and his previous record, he *is* going to screw up. If he so much as gets pulled over for not wearing his seatbelt, and the police officer smells alcohol on him, he goes to jail.

The prosecutor also said that BR has a lock on the civil case. So, some small comfort. Not much, though, and not nearly enough.

The concept that the prosecution and the defence lawyers can work out the sentence between them without reference to evidence, verdict, legal precedent, prior form or the Judge is a strange one.

Let's hope the civil case sorts things out.
cars

A big hug for BR.

Post by cars »

BR what a pity, life will not stop giving you the lions share of "unfair" in this messed up world! :-5 Fate is stinking unkind, immorral, makes no sense, & has no heart where you & yours are concerned! :guitarist But one of these days, things will finally work out just perfect for you, it just will, you'll see!:)

Never give up!
Cars :)
AussiePam

A big hug for BR.

Post by AussiePam »

I like to think that life's A$$h0les will get their just deserts, somewhere, sometime soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GNASH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( BabyRider )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Peg

A big hug for BR.

Post by Peg »

Sadly it's something I've been saying for years and BR is living proof. There is no justice in our judicial system.:(

A big hug for BR.

Post by 911 »

I must have missed the part that said how old he is.

If he is a 'minor' in the eyes of the court he will not have the felony shown on his record as such. If he is a 'minor' for drinking then he will.

I would check with the local law enforcement and find out what constitutes an ex-felon in your state. If you're lucky and it's only one felony conviction, then you can keep a check on him to be sure he registers. And he has to register each and every time he moves. If he has to register, find out the grace period and if he doesn't register within that time, go the very next day and report him. He will be in violation and he will go to jail. (Maybe, just maybe, your laws are stricter than ours!)

Catch the critter on a technicality! Find out what he can and cannot do in your state with a felony conviction and turn his hind end in when you find out he has violated it. :sneaky:
When choosing between two evils, I always like to take the one I've never tried before.

Mae West
RhondaLu

A big hug for BR.

Post by RhondaLu »

AussiePam;519466 wrote: I like to think that life's A$$h0les will get their just deserts, somewhere, sometime soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GNASH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( BabyRider )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

That's kind of harsh! :-3

Are you saying this is Babyriders "KARMA"?:-2
RhondaLu

A big hug for BR.

Post by RhondaLu »

mrsK;519770 wrote: I agree with Pam BR , somewhere some how things have a way of turning around & this person will get what is coming to them.

You just have to hold that thought .

Meanwhile big hugs & lots of love coming your way:-4 :-4 :-6

I'm confused now?:-3

Did I read something wrong?
AussiePam

A big hug for BR.

Post by AussiePam »

RhondaLu;519766 wrote: That's kind of harsh! :-3

Are you saying this is Babyriders "KARMA"?:-2

No. I'm not. I'm saying that the reckless, negligent person who knocked BabyRider off her bike and nearly killed her, and who is apparently using the American plea bargain system to escape the penalties he rightly should receive, will likely come a cropper himself one of these days - especially if he has a record and continues to behave recklessly, negligently etc. He will get what he deserves. I don't see what part of what I said was in any way unclear??

And BabyRider is a good friend of mine, and is in no doubt, I'm sure, how I feel about the stuff that's happened to her and to Matt.

RhondaLu

A big hug for BR.

Post by RhondaLu »

AussiePam;519792 wrote: No. I'm not. I'm saying that the reckless, negligent person who knocked BabyRider off her bike and nearly killed her, and who is apparently using the American plea bargain system to escape the penalties he rightly should receive, will likely come a cropper himself one of these days - especially if he has a record and continues to behave recklessly, negligently etc. He will get what he deserves. I don't see what part of what I said was in any way unclear??

And BabyRider is a good friend of mine, and is in no doubt, I'm sure, how I feel about the stuff that's happened to her and to Matt.

Ahh, sorry, My mistake, I'm new.:-6
buttercup

A big hug for BR.

Post by buttercup »

Im so sorry to hear this news BR but have to admit, it doesent surprise me, your justice system is as bad as ours.
cherandbuster

A big hug for BR.

Post by cherandbuster »

BR

I hope you make a ********** bundle in the civil case.

Then go with Bullet to an island and live your life richly and peacefully :-6

Love to you babe

Always :-4
Live Life with

PASSION
!:guitarist

cars

A big hug for BR.

Post by cars »

New day BR, New :yh_hugs :yh_hugs :yh_hugs :yh_hugs & best wishes!!!
Cars :)
chocoholic

A big hug for BR.

Post by chocoholic »

BR so sorry to read the outcome of yesterday's court case, guess I have to agree with everyone else that your legal system is in as much of a mess as ours:-5

Keep fighting and good luck with the civil case, remember what goes around comes around so that ****** that did this to you will get his just deserts one way or another.

Stay strong:-6

Return to “General Chit Chat”