Favorite Junk food

Discuss food, drink, and recipes.
WonderWendy3

Favorite Junk food

Post by WonderWendy3 »

or non-healthy, I know we aren't supposed to eat them, but every once in a while?? like Super bowl Sunday? Like New Years?? Birthday parties?? or just because a group of friends are getting together...

Or just because we wannna!!!

I'll start...ummm love Nachos with salsa mixed with cream cheese

shrimp dip and potato chips

veggie pizza with ranch dip is yummmy
Delilah

Favorite Junk food

Post by Delilah »

I seem to be addicted to a new junk food every month. This month it has been Goldfish crackers..and maybe they aren't really a junk food, per say (or at least i try telling myself that..haha) but when you eat an entire box to yourself at one time, it's a little much. :wah: Waaay too many fish in the sea!

Before that, it was Twix. Before that, also nachos, but cheese instead. velveeta and some rotelle tomatoes...yummm.

My favorite of all time..is..Ketchup chips. But I'll be damned if they dont sell them anywhere I have looked in wisconsin!! I miss them..:(

I found them here in a walmart once..bought two bags..went back about a month or two later..and they were sold out, and than kept going back every couple of days..and now they don't sell them anymore!!! :mad:
Wolverine

Favorite Junk food

Post by Wolverine »

dang near anything from Little Debbie.

my absolute favy is the Oatmeal Cream Pies!!!:yh_drool :yh_drool

Get your mind out of the gutter - it's blocking my view

Mind like a steel trap - Rusty and Illegal in 37 states.

WonderWendy3

Favorite Junk food

Post by WonderWendy3 »

Delilah;511954 wrote: I seem to be addicted to a new junk food every month. This month it has been Goldfish crackers..and maybe they aren't really a junk food, per say (or at least i try telling myself that..haha) but when you eat an entire box to yourself at one time, it's a little much. :wah: Waaay too many fish in the sea!

Before that, it was Twix. Before that, also nachos, but cheese instead. velveeta and some rotelle tomatoes...yummm.

My favorite of all time..is..Ketchup chips. But I'll be damned if they dont sell them anywhere I have looked in wisconsin!! I miss them..:(

I found them here in a walmart once..bought two bags..went back about a month or two later..and they were sold out, and than kept going back every couple of days..and now they don't sell them anymore!!! :mad:

ohh Cheeese curds from Wisconsin....squeaky!! YUMMMM, my Aunt lives in Wisconsin...and all I remember from visiting her (food wise) was cheese curds and brats in beer!! <----never heard of such a thing...of course I was a kid....:D
Wolverine

Favorite Junk food

Post by Wolverine »

pepperoni pizza with ranch dressing. loverly

Wolverine

Favorite Junk food

Post by Wolverine »

Oooooo!!!!!

bakalava. holy moly

WonderWendy3

Favorite Junk food

Post by WonderWendy3 »

Wolverine;511983 wrote: pepperoni pizza with ranch dressing. loverly

OH YESSSS!! People think I'm crazy when I put ranch dressing on pizza!!

I'm really hungry now!!
Delilah

Favorite Junk food

Post by Delilah »

WonderWendy3;511971 wrote: ohh Cheeese curds from Wisconsin....squeaky!! YUMMMM, my Aunt lives in Wisconsin...and all I remember from visiting her (food wise) was cheese curds and brats in beer!!

Ohhhh those are really good! Cheese curds are awesome. I never heard of Battered cheese curds either before I came here. In Ontario, cheese curds were just the cheese bits. Never heard of them being battered and deep fried before though. But they're awesome!

I went to this one local restaurant here once and they were the size of baseballs, no lie. :eek:
Fibonacci

Favorite Junk food

Post by Fibonacci »

Chili-Cheese Fries

Frito's and Bean-Dip

Fried Ice cream - This one is a rare treat I haven't had it for about 2 years.
The poolhall's a great equalizer. In the poolhall, nobody cares how old you are, how young you are, what color your skin is or how much money you've got in your pocket... It's about how you move. I remember this kid once who could move around a pool table like nobody had ever seen. Hour after hour, rack after rack, his shots just went in. The cue was part of his arm and the balls had eyes. And the thing that made him so good was... He thought he could never miss. I know, 'cause that kid was me.
Delilah

Favorite Junk food

Post by Delilah »

Fibonacci;512015 wrote: Chili-Cheese Fries

Frito's and Bean-Dip

Fried Ice cream - This one is a rare treat I haven't had it for about 2 years.

I miss Taco Bells Chili-Cheese Fries! For some reason the menu's are different from Ontario Taco Bells and the ones here. They don't have any fries here. Your side dish is another taco!

But Taco Bells Chilli Cheese ones in Ontario are the bessst.

And Fritos! I can't find BBQ corn chips anywhere here either..:mad:

Fried Ice cream is awesome. I've only had it once, but it was that memorable.
Fibonacci

Favorite Junk food

Post by Fibonacci »

Delilah;512016 wrote: I miss Taco Bells Chili-Cheese Fries! For some reason the menu's are different from Ontario Taco Bells and the ones here. They don't have any fries here. Your side dish is another taco!

But Taco Bells Chilli Cheese ones in Ontario are the bessst.

And Fritos! I can't find BBQ corn chips anywhere here either..:mad:

Fried Ice cream is awesome. I've only had it once, but it was that memorable.

Yeah! I purposely restrict myself so I don't get used to it! :yh_drool
The poolhall's a great equalizer. In the poolhall, nobody cares how old you are, how young you are, what color your skin is or how much money you've got in your pocket... It's about how you move. I remember this kid once who could move around a pool table like nobody had ever seen. Hour after hour, rack after rack, his shots just went in. The cue was part of his arm and the balls had eyes. And the thing that made him so good was... He thought he could never miss. I know, 'cause that kid was me.
CARLA

Favorite Junk food

Post by CARLA »

:D I'm not a chip eater so I guess Ice Cream would be my weakness Yummmm...
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

Shweet tatersalad

Favorite Junk food

Post by Shweet tatersalad »

I have a bad habit of eating these peanutbutter wafer cookies.I keep telling my self that it's protein just too fool myself.

as some of you know,I work at Frito-Lay,and yes we do taste test the product.

Doritos just out of the fryer are too die for,and fritos right out of the warm seasoner will bring you too your knees.Smart food popcorn is also very popular.

You can always spot the newbies,they are stuffing there face.Us old timers know better,after a while you don't eat much but a hand full every here and there.

Good thing is that most every one one thee has a designated spot in there house where they store the chips they bring home for there loved ones.i have a cabinet in my kitchen right now that has Doritos,Smart food popcorn,salt&vinegar,and sour cream and onion chips in it.

Hey Delilah,i might be able too hook you up with some Frito's BBQ.
guppy

Favorite Junk food

Post by guppy »

any kind of chips are my downfall....i mostly try and eat nuts instead now....although i was downing a bag of fritoes not long ago......:p
Fibonacci

Favorite Junk food

Post by Fibonacci »

How could I forget about Dorito's?

There's nothing better than a bag of Dorito's and a near frozen Dr.Pepper! :yh_drool
Shweet tatersalad

Favorite Junk food

Fibonacci;512138 wrote: How could I forget about Dorito's?

There's nothing better than a bag of Dorito's and a near frozen Dr.Pepper! :yh_drool

They are popular with sour cream here.
Fibonacci

Favorite Junk food

Post by Fibonacci »

Really? Never tried them like that.
Shweet tatersalad

Favorite Junk food

Fibonacci;512145 wrote: Really? Never tried them like that.

Spicy Nacho and Sour cream,and football.

IMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.....................SPICY!!!!!
Fibonacci

Favorite Junk food

Post by Fibonacci »

I'm gonna try that for the Superbowl!
greydeadhead

Favorite Junk food

Post by greydeadhead »

Anything deepfried.. but my very very favorite...

Buffalo wings and beer.....

the kinda wings that clear the sinuses when you smell them from 100 yards away... nuclear bad boys.. with beer.....

REAL beer.. not that ultra stuff.. tastes like water with a dash of beer flavor...but REAL BEER.. and nice robust full, malty porter... or gasp.. a stout with a head soooooooo thick and creamy you can float a half dollar on it......

Yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
Feed your spirit by living near it -- Magic Hat Brewery bottle cap
WonderWendy3

Favorite Junk food

Post by WonderWendy3 »

has anyone ever deep fried snickers bars or any candy bar??

I have a friend (who is a stick figure!!--of course) who used to tell me about how yummy of course VERY fattening...hence "junk food" thread!!
greydeadhead

Favorite Junk food

Post by greydeadhead »

I have never tried one but have heard of it..

one of the latest rages

deep fried twinkies......

Ohhhhhhh.. I can feel my arteries clogging just saying it..
WonderWendy3

Favorite Junk food

Post by WonderWendy3 »

greydeadhead;512630 wrote: I have never tried one but have heard of it..

one of the latest rages

deep fried twinkies......

Ohhhhhhh.. I can feel my arteries clogging just saying it..

Yeah, that just makes me want to call Jenny Craig!!

I try to stay away from deep fried foods, and especially if they are already REALLY bad for me...why I've never tried the snickers...friend says they are "da bomb"...yeah she's young, she can say that!! :wah:
Shweet tatersalad

Favorite Junk food

greydeadhead;512592 wrote: Anything deepfried.. but my very very favorite...

Buffalo wings and beer.....

the kinda wings that clear the sinuses when you smell them from 100 yards away... nuclear bad boys.. with beer.....

REAL beer.. not that ultra stuff.. tastes like water with a dash of beer flavor...but REAL BEER.. and nice robust full, malty porter... or gasp.. a stout with a head soooooooo thick and creamy you can float a half dollar on it......

Yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.can you say...............HOOTERS?
greydeadhead

Favorite Junk food

Post by greydeadhead »

naaaaahhhhh.. thinking more the Anchor Bar in Buffalo, NY... home of the original wing...

BUT

One time on a trip to NJ... was headed somewhere with the inlaws and the 2 lil nephews and they were having a charity carwash at a HOOTERS.... asked the BIL if he thought the van needed washing... earned me a quick cuff in the back of the head let me tell ya... course the nephews were like "what carwash":driving:
Shweet tatersalad

Favorite Junk food

Ok,you have your wings your way and I will have mine my way.
greydeadhead

Favorite Junk food

Post by greydeadhead »

Hey ST...

No offense meant man.. you wanna go to a HOOTERS .. knock yourself out...

peace
Shweet tatersalad

Favorite Junk food

none taken man,just haveing fun dude.:wah:
WonderWendy3

Favorite Junk food

Post by WonderWendy3 »

I'm not a BIG wing fan, like the barbeque every once in a while...been to Hooters only once, was in a really bad mood and didn't eat anything, took my 17 year old son with me, he loves wings...of course one of the waitresses KNEW him!! YIKES!!
greydeadhead

Favorite Junk food

Post by greydeadhead »

ummm.. do I dare ask how she knew your son....
SuzyB

Favorite Junk food

Post by SuzyB »

When i went to Florida a few years ago, my family and i went to Hooters to get something to eat. Although i'd heard reference to Hooters in a movie i thought it was fictional. I nearly died when i realised why this place was called Hooters, not the place to take your Dad and Brother, don't think they looked once to see what they were eating!!! Kids loved it though coz Mini me from Austin Powers was in there!

I loved dunkin doughnuts, yummy, I like the ones with pink icing and hundreds and thousands on the top :)
I am nobody..nobody is perfect...therefore I must be Perfect!

WonderWendy3

Favorite Junk food

Post by WonderWendy3 »

greydeadhead;512816 wrote: ummm.. do I dare ask how she knew your son....

:wah: innocently enough, she was a family members old girlfriend on his Dad's 2nd wifes' family....does that make sense??

his dad and I are divorced, he's remarried, to a woman 20 years younger than him, (she is 22, he is 42) she has a cousin around the same age who is a male, dated this girl that is now a hooters girl...met my son at "family" get-togethers!!
greydeadhead

Favorite Junk food

Post by greydeadhead »

okay.. I got it.. ummm. yep... lol

Anyway..you said he was 17 and he went to HOOTERS for the wings.. uh huh... must like I would go to a HOOTERS for wings when I was 17... yep.. I sure did...lol
WonderWendy3

Favorite Junk food

Post by WonderWendy3 »

greydeadhead;512893 wrote: okay.. I got it.. ummm. yep... lol

Anyway..you said he was 17 and he went to HOOTERS for the wings.. uh huh... must like I would go to a HOOTERS for wings when I was 17... yep.. I sure did...lol

Not that it matters, ummm, I took him there because he always teased me that he wanted to go, never went on his own or with friends, first time he ever went was with me and a guy friend of mine...and only time...He did like the wings....ummm scenery wasn't half bad....he couldn't believe I was "cool" with it...not somewhere I would "hang out" but okay at the time.....
WonderWendy3

Favorite Junk food

Post by WonderWendy3 »

loves me some POTATO SKINS!!! yummmm with sour cream and bacon bits...

Return to “The Kitchen”