I love dirt!

Discuss NASCAR, CART, Outlaws, and others.
Delilah

I love dirt!

Post by Delilah »

Two summers ago my former roomate got me to go to a dirt speedway, and ever since then, I have been so infatuated with it! I love going, it is so great.

The sound of the engines..the gorgeous cars..the races..and even having dirt thrown in your eye is awesome! :wah: I can't wait for next season to start.

Anyone else into the dirt racing?

That's a pic I took last summer there. Vroooom!
K.Snyder

I love dirt!

Post by K.Snyder »

I went to the Prelude to a Champion last year at Eldora Speedway...it's a dirt track that Tony Stewart owns,..and I couldn't stand it...I love racing, and my entire immediate family races at local tracks around Ohio, and Indiana, but we race asphalt...

I couldn't stand being at the dirt tracks, because on every lap dirt would fly in my eyes...hated it...

We race at Kil-Kare and Shady bowl, and my brother currently works on a Hooters Pro Cup car that tours the country...

We love racing,..but I hate dirt. :wah: I would love to try and drive a dirt car though...

#27 car is mine...

#7's my brothers...

and the #8 is my fathers old best friend from high schools son...

Attached files
Delilah

I love dirt!

Post by Delilah »

K.Snyder;510997 wrote: I went to the Prelude to a Champion last year at Eldora Speedway...it's a dirt track that Tony Stewart owns,..and I couldn't stand it...I love racing, and my entire immediate family races at local tracks around Ohio, and Indiana, but we race asphalt...

I couldn't stand being at the dirt tracks, because on every lap dirt would fly in my eyes...hated it...

We race at Kil-Kare and Shady bowl, and my brother currently works on a Hooters Pro Cup car that tours the country...

We love racing,..but I hate dirt. :wah: I would love to try and drive a dirt car though...

#27 car is mine...

#7's my brothers...

and the #8 is my fathers old best friend from high schools son...

:wah: Yeah, sometimes the dirt can be a little much, but I love it anyway. And if you bring and wear sunglasses with you, that really helps. (Well, except once it gets dark out and you can't see anything)

That is so great that you and your family race. :D Aww, I'm jealous!
K.Snyder

I love dirt!

Post by K.Snyder »

Delilah;511091 wrote: :wah: Yeah, sometimes the dirt can be a little much, but I love it anyway. And if you bring and wear sunglasses with you, that really helps. (Well, except once it gets dark out and you can't see anything)

That is so great that you and your family race. :D Aww, I'm jealous!

Have you ever been to the asphalt races?

Actually I had sunglasses on for the first part of the day, and that didn't help...

And once it had gotten dark...forgettaboutit...
Delilah

I love dirt!

Post by Delilah »

K.Snyder;511107 wrote: Have you ever been to the asphalt races?

Actually I had sunglasses on for the first part of the day, and that didn't help...

And once it had gotten dark...forgettaboutit...

Nope, I've never been to the asphalt races. :( I'd like to go sometime though, if I can find a speedway nearby!
K.Snyder

I love dirt!

Post by K.Snyder »

Delilah;511110 wrote: Nope, I've never been to the asphalt races. :( I'd like to go sometime though, if I can find a speedway nearby!

Where abouts are you and I will tell you where you can go?...

Asphalt is a little different, but not much...

you don't see them bend sideways going into the turn, and you don't have to worry about the dirt getting all over you...

BTW -- It was Prelude to a dream,..not Prelude to a champion...I just remembered that.
ShawnG

I love dirt!

Post by ShawnG »

central PA sprint car fan here. Dirt is the absolute best surface for short track racing. Dirt in the face is all part of the experience.
Delilah

I love dirt!

Post by Delilah »

K.Snyder;511113 wrote: Where abouts are you and I will tell you where you can go?...

Asphalt is a little different, but not much...

you don't see them bend sideways going into the turn, and you don't have to worry about the dirt getting all over you...

BTW -- It was Prelude to a dream,..not Prelude to a champion...I just remembered that.

Aww..but I like the sideways and the dirt!

I am in Eau Claire, Wisconsin
Delilah

I love dirt!

Post by Delilah »

ShawnG;511490 wrote: central PA sprint car fan here. Dirt is the absolute best surface for short track racing. Dirt in the face is all part of the experience.

Exactly! :D
Nomad

I love dirt!

Post by Nomad »

I dont go to the races but I do love dirt ! :-6
I AM AWESOME MAN

Return to “Auto Racing”