teenagers

A forum to discuss all to do with clothes, fashion, beauty, and cosmetics.
pink princess

teenagers

Post by pink princess »

i dont know what its like elsewhere but here in the UK all the kids seem obsessed by wearing sports clothes, normally trackie bottoms hideous looking trainers a baseball cap and a hooded jumper (they wear the hood over their cap)

they look like thugs most the time, you can barely see their faces when they walk past you, its got to the point where some shops in the town i live in refuse to let 'hoodies' in their shops - big brand name shops - as part of a police initiative

what happened to girls wearing pretty dresses and guys wearing jeans and a nice jumper??
life is what you make it

my boyfriend just proposed to me (05/05/05) and im blissfully happy!! :-4 im engaged!! i have a fiance!! :-4

um..... well thats a bit out of date! im married now! and married life is the best thing in the entire world! with my husband by side my life is complete

:-4
Peg

teenagers

Post by Peg »

Those days are long gone. Here, the style is way oversized, baggy pants, lots of black, gothic look.

What drives me even more insane is a lady in her 70s or 80s, in a mini skirt and low cut shirt :eek:
pink princess

teenagers

Post by pink princess »

we used to have that about 5 years ago, way preferred it......

hopefully itll find its way across the pond again

does the term chav mean anything to anyone?

http://freespace.virgin.net/chav.scum/
life is what you make it

my boyfriend just proposed to me (05/05/05) and im blissfully happy!! :-4 im engaged!! i have a fiance!! :-4

um..... well thats a bit out of date! im married now! and married life is the best thing in the entire world! with my husband by side my life is complete

Peg

teenagers

Post by Peg »

pink princess

teenagers

Post by pink princess »

so it has made it over the big blue pond!!!

the link i posted above has specific items of clothing to look for when spotting a chav

very funny!!

http://freespace.virgin.net/chav.scum/
life is what you make it

Peg

teenagers

Post by Peg »

The kids around here would wear the jewelry, but not the clothes. The ones they refer to as "preppy" might wear the shirts, but they definately wouldn't wear the hat, shirt, or shoes. I think I like the chav look LOL
pink princess

teenagers

Post by pink princess »

ah the link to a web page in what you just posted peg takes you to the same webpage i posted

oops
life is what you make it

pink princess

teenagers

Post by pink princess »

honetly the chav look is not a good look, they are well hated - unfortunately its most the teenage population!!

you see 9 yr old girls walking round in tiny mini skirts smoking

tis really awful
life is what you make it

minks

teenagers

Post by minks »

ArnoldLayne wrote: Yuk ! Chavs.

My pet hate

Burberry baseball caps and cheap fake "bling"

Canadian clothing fad of western Canada

girls with tight low rise jeans, skater runners, and t shirts (bless my darling teen she loves her T's baggy) and of course the ever popular hoodie. Nothing cynical with their look.

Boys hmmm skater pants, baggy low pants, baggy T's and loads of black. Again my daughter has cool friends not terrible to see them all dressed like they are.
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West

Return to “Fashion Clothing”