College Football National Title game

Discuss all types of sports.
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

It's looking more and more like Ohio State will play USC in the National Title game in Arizona on January 8th 2007. Looks like the BCS has moved USC up to number 2 in the rankings, shredding all possibilities for Michigan to have another shot at Ohio State in the Championship game. I couldn't agree more that someone other than Michigan should have the shot to play Ohio State in the Title game. Michigan had there chance, and they didn't win. That's what a rivalry is all about. It's about winning and spoiling the hopes of the team you rival at the same time increasing your prestige, especially when ranking means everything in college football. It's time for another team, just as worthy, to have their chance, as Michigan has had theirs.

There is alot of speculation as to who should rightfully get the nod to play against Ohio State on January the 8th for the most coveted title in all of college football each year, and USC looks like it has a firm grip on just that. Unlike Florida, whom is the only other reasonable candidate in the hunt for the go ahead, USC has dominated everyone they have played with the exception of their one loss to Oregon State, behind Ohio States obvious label of being the best team in all of the sport in 2006.

USC plays a mediocre 6-5 team in UCLA, and upon a victory there, USC will play Ohio State in the National Championship game in Arizona. If they lose to UCLA, which would be even more shocking than there loss to Oregon State, a Florida win would jump Florida two spots in the rankings and will see Ohio State host the Gators on Jan. 8th 2007. If both Florida and USC loses, which would be the equivalent of hitting the lottery, we very well my see Michigan get a rematch to face Ohio State, in what would be one of the most memorable college football seasons in the history of the sport, if it hasn't been already, with such a dominate performance by Ohio State, being arguable one of the best teams to ever play college football.
LilacDragon

Post by LilacDragon »

HEY!!!!

I was nice when you won.

Don't count U of M out of the game yet, mister!
Sandi

K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

LilacDragon;472467 wrote: HEY!!!!

I was nice when you won.

Don't count U of M out of the game yet, mister!

If it makes you feel any better, I said that I didn't think Ohio State deserved to have a rematch against Michigan in the National Championship game had Michigan won...

Now that Michigan was downgraded to the number 3 spot, their only chance of making it to the National Title game is if USC and Florida both lose. I don't see that happening.

But in any case, USC is going to win against UCLA, and because they are number 2 they will definitely play Ohio State for the Championship.

It's going to be USC vs Ohio State in Arizona, there's just no way around it.
LilacDragon

Post by LilacDragon »

Well, just so you know - if Ohio does get to play Michigan in the Championship game we will woop your hinie!

If you don't get to play us again - Best of Luck!
Sandi

K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

Well, UCLA is still a good football team, and #4 Florida plays #8 Arkansas, so that game could go either way. If Arkansas beats Florida, you could hope for an upset that UCLA beats USC, which is a possibility considering USC has already lost to unranked Oregon State. But even then, you have Lousville to worry about,..but because Michigan is so far up in the rankings I think upon both upsets Michigan may find themselves playing Ohio State again...but it's a slim chance.

Good Luck..

I don't mind beating Michigan again. :wah: :yh_wink
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

Well, what I had said had almost come to light, as USC was upset by UCLA and the Florida vs. Arkansas game was very close, but Florida edged out Arkansas as USC lossed to UCLA to secure the number 2 ranking in the nation, which also gives Florida the go ahead to play Ohio State in the National Title game.

Even with Florida winning, there was a much debatable argument in favor of Michigan getting to rematch Ohio State in the Championship game, but because they have already had their shot, the most logical answer was to give Florida it's rightful chance to beat the best team in the nation - Ohio State.

It will be Ohio State Vs. Florida on January 8th 2007 for the most coveted trophy and honor in the world, to be called the greatest college football team for the year, and to forever secure their name as being one of the greatest football teams to ever play the sport. It should be a great game.

Go Ohio State
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

Heres the story about the title game...

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/news;_ylt ... &type=lgns
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

Just wanted to remind everyone that The 2006-'07 college football title game will be played tomorrow as Ohio state gets set to face off against Florida at 8 pm eastern standard time on FOX.

I suppose tune in if you want to see Ohio State beat up on Florida. :wah:

I wonder if Lady Cop is a fan of the Gators.
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

Ok, it's kickoff time...

I know you guys are just dieing in anticipation, so I'll try and withhold my interruptive tendencies. :wah:
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

My husband is having fun watching it........................:)
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

chonsigirl;509587 wrote: My husband is having fun watching it........................:)

:wah:

I'm not watching it anymore...I shut the TV off, and they still have the 4th quarter to play...

Ohio State just didn't show up, and the defensive play calling was atrocious...They kept insisting on giving the wideouts 10 yard cushions, even after realizing it wasn't working...

Oh well...It's not me out there...

BTW OSU is down by 20 going into the 4th quarter...that is to say unless Florida happened to score while I shut the TV off. :wah:
Marie5656

Post by Marie5656 »

OK, there is less than 10 mins left in the 4th... Florida is up 41 to 14.
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

Marie5656;509678 wrote: OK, there is less than 10 mins left in the 4th... Florida is up 41 to 14.

Oh yeah, I knew it was over before the 4th quarter even started...I couldn't watch them go down anymore than they already were...no point in it. :wah:

Oh well,..they needed to capitalize and didn't, and that's why Florida is the National Champs and not Ohio State...
CARLA

Post by CARLA »

Ouch... I would say Florida beat them big time..

[QUOTE]Florida is up 41 to 14.[/QUOTE]
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

LilacDragon

Post by LilacDragon »

41 to 14. That's gotta hurt.
Sandi

K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

LilacDragon;509864 wrote: 41 to 14. That's gotta hurt.

I would have liked to have seen Ohio State win it all,..but Florida deserved it, because they went out there and played football like it was supposed to be played...

I know what it's like to lose, but they should be more appreciative of the finer things in life...Sure, it would have been one of the most memorable moments of their lifetime, but that wasn't their fate, and they are left to reminisce on what was,..and that was going out there and competing with the best of them...

They still have plenty more to accomplish, and this should serve as not only educational from a football perspective, but a lesson in life...

Return to “Wide World of Sports”