Ask a Biker!

Discuss cruiser bikes, the lifestyle, clubs, and other issues.
buttercup

Ask a Biker!

Post by buttercup »

Spike101;500061 wrote: I disagree with your post. Most M/C's and cops do not get along. Most clubhouses are private clubs and the PO PO are not welcome. Cop clubs (the slap a patch ones that dont follow time honored traditions) try to mix with other "real" M/C's (ones that followed the rules in establishing their club) at open biker events and find that the other clubs "turn their backs" to them (the ultimate sign of disrespect). Either that, or they just scatter rather than have to speak with them. What you are speaking of is the exception rather than the norm...there are many reasons why this occurs...

Same here in Scotland, knew we'd find common ground at some point.
Lulu2

Ask a Biker!

Post by Lulu2 »

Really? She was one of the first to welcome me...and I've always thanked and remembered her for that kindness.
My candle's burning at both ends, it will not last the night. But ah, my foes, and oh, my friends--It gives a lovely light!--Edna St. Vincent Millay
Lulu2

Ask a Biker!

Post by Lulu2 »

Never mind....we don't want to know! :wah:

B'R continues to inspire me with her struggle to regain physical health! I've been going through a physical therapy myself (on only one knee) and can only IMAGINE how horrible HER struggle is! Notice we never hear how horribly she's pained and how difficult it is for her?

MY HERO!
My candle's burning at both ends, it will not last the night. But ah, my foes, and oh, my friends--It gives a lovely light!--Edna St. Vincent Millay
Spike101

Ask a Biker!

Post by Spike101 »

buttercup;500056 wrote: Well i believe that was the point i was making earlier when i said - patches mean different things in different countries & clubs. How disappointing that your club does not respect or debate others points of views.

You do not know my history & therefore should not presume you do ;)

It has nothing to do with respecting other peoples points of view. You are making the mistake of seeing things through the eyes of your "world"...the M/C "world" is a very different place that can only be fully understood by becoming a part of it. Things are the way they are. There really is no debate....all the debate in the world will not and hasnt changed a thing in the M/C world. You obviously know less than you think about Motorcycle Clubs if you think they give a rats a$$ what people think about their business or are open to their ideas about how they should conduct themselves. They are not. There are at least 100 established M/C's within 100 miles of my home including a Big Four dominant 1% club in my town whos Prez lives 3 miles down the road from me. Not one of them would give you or anyone else the time of day debating their lifestyle...Its just not done. They just dont care. Try not taking what I say personally, because it isnt personal. True, I dont know your history, but then, I didnt comment on YOUR history. Did I? I commented on what appears to be differences between what flies on your side of the pond and what flies on mine. Nothing more. ;)

By the way, I left my former club 2 months ago, in good standing, for personal reasons. There is no "my club".
Marie5656

Ask a Biker!

Post by Marie5656 »

Lulu2;500070 wrote: Really? She was one of the first to welcome me...and I've always thanked and remembered her for that kindness.

Me too, actually. In fact, if memory serves, I think she sent me my first PM.
buttercup

Ask a Biker!

Post by buttercup »

Spike101;500045 wrote: Im surprised he debated that issue or any other with you. What they do is pretty much their biz...around here public scrutiny of such things would be greeted by "mind your own business", and if you didnt, they would find your old man and take it out on him till you did...LOL

Its strange you should say (greeted by mind your own business) when the whole point of this thread is so people who are not bikers may understand them better. This i believe is the intent of bikers here, by & large they are a friendly bunch & happy to answer questions, are you suggesting that bikers in America would beat up my husband if i asked them questions? If so perhaps thats why they get bad press in America :rolleyes:

Spike101;500052 wrote: ...and also perhaps because the customs in your neck of the woods may be a bit different than here...that wouldnt fly very far in these parts...that isnt speculation...

Again you are making American bikers sound intimidating & aggressive, do you realise you are doing that?

Spike101;500084 wrote: It has nothing to do with respecting other peoples points of view. You are making the mistake of seeing things through the eyes of your "world"...the M/C "world" is a very different place that can only be fully understood by becoming a part of it. Things are the way they are. There really is no debate....all the debate in the world will not and hasnt changed a thing in the M/C world. You obviously know less than you think about Motorcycle Clubs if you think they give a rats a$$ what people think about their business or are open to their ideas about how they should conduct themselves. They are not. There are at least 100 established M/C's within 100 miles of my home including a Big Four dominant 1% club in my town whos Prez lives 3 miles down the road from me. Not one of them would give you or anyone else the time of day debating their lifestyle...Its just not done. They just dont care. Try not taking what I say personally, because it isnt personal. True, I dont know your history, but then, I didnt comment on YOUR history. Did I? I commented on what appears to be differences between what flies on your side of the pond and what flies on mine. Nothing more. ;)

By the way, I left my former club 2 months ago, in good standing, for personal reasons. There is no "my club".

I understand the biker world very well - thank you :rolleyes: I have yet to find a biker who does not enjoy a good debate, i did not at any point say they would ever change their mind, just that they enjoyed debate. For you to say bikers dont give a rats ass what people think is ridiculous, br would not have started this thread if she dident care about what her friends thought, she started it to help others understand biker culture & your comments do not help her cause. You come across as aggressive. To say not one of your neighbours would give me the time of day i also find ridiculous, how can you possibly speak for them? Are you saying these people are not individuals with differing points of view? Also please note you are playing an active role in this thread & wether you notice it or not, are actually debating - whispers - your not supposed to give a rats ass :rolleyes:
Spike101

Ask a Biker!

Post by Spike101 »

From Buttercup -

"Its strange you should say (greeted by mind your own business) when the whole point of this thread is so people who are not bikers may understand them better. This i believe is the intent of bikers here, by & large they are a friendly bunch & happy to answer questions, are you suggesting that bikers in America would beat up my husband if i asked them questions? If so perhaps thats why they get bad press in America "

All I have given is information. You want to debate it...the info was given simply so that folks could gain a better understanding of BIKE CLUBS (with MC Patchholders)...not BIKERS (anyone riding a bike)....just one more thing you dont "get". What I have typed is how it is. No candy coating. No, no one would "beat up your husband" for asking questions. This scenario would only play out if he were told to ind his own biz and he couldnt manage to find a way to do that.

"Again you are making American bikers sound intimidating & aggressive, do you realise you are doing that?"

I dont know about American Bikers, but I know that American M/C's can be aggressive when people stick their noses in where it dont belong.

"I understand the biker world very well - thank you '

But you know nothing of the M/C "world". Thats all Ive wrote about. You seem to keep missing that point. - Youre welcome

"For you to say bikers dont give a rats ass what people think is ridiculous, br would not have started this thread if she dident care about what her friends thought, she started it to help others understand biker culture & your comments do not help her cause. You come across as aggressive. To say not one of your neighbours would give me the time of day i also find ridiculous, how can you possibly speak for them? "

Bikers might care, but M/C members follow their own collective paths within their respective clubs and are a closed society. This privacy is protected fiercely. You will never understand what occurs within the culture without being there. This is on purpose. They dont care what you think. Really. Actually, if she read what I wrote, she will have gained a much better understanding of how to conduct oneself when around a M/C and its members. Dont screw with them, they wont screw with you, dont go asking them a bunch of questions...they dont really care for nosey folks. and treat them as you would like to be treated (The Golden Rule). Disrespect for them, real or percieved, is not a good thing, especially with the more "hardcore clubs". Just be nice and they will be too. Im sure I do come across as aggressive. I suppose thats accurate. Ive been called worse.

I dont speak for anyone. I just know what I know. Im sitting here looking at business cards from members of just about every M/C in this State. Ive met them all and have spent time with all of them as a former PH in a 3 patch M/C. I have a pretty good idea how far your line of thinking would fly with them. A real good idea...not very far.

"Also please note you are playing an active role in this thread & wether you notice it or not, are actually debating - whispers - your not supposed to give a rats ass "

Actually, youre debating M/C's and im just telling you this is how it works and that there is no debatable stuff here. This is just INFORMATION. I put it out there and folks can do what they want with it. Wise people will pay attention and learn. Others willl argue the points like it matters . Doesnt change a thing.

Read this site. All the pages. You might find it interesting, eye opening, and fairly accurate... http://home.earthlink.net/~rcvsmc-edu/
buttercup

Ask a Biker!

Post by buttercup »

Spike you have given information from your point of view, im giving it from mine, some call that giving & recieving information, some call it debating.

FYI - i am aware of the MC world but its here in Scotland, the fact that the MC clubs im aware of or have been part of differ from the one's you are aware of or have been part of are quite obviously different, that does not justify you telling me what i do & do not know.

I would always be respectful to any groups customs (MC included) but im unaccustomed to being treated with aggression for having a differing point of view or indeeed putting forward questions. I can only say that i fail to see just what it is you are getting so het up about, what exactly is it i have the different point of view on? the patch thing? well i wont deny that. If women within the MC club are ok with it then it makes no difference to me. As i said earlier it takes all kinds. There are many MC members here that would think you being part of an online community makes you a girl, but i cant speak for them like you cant speak for yours, we can only say what we think they would think or say :D
BabyRider

Ask a Biker!

Post by BabyRider »

Running the risk of sounding like I am being protective here, no one needs me to protect them here, or anywhere else. However, I have a couple of thoughts.

The thread was started to answer questions I was able to or allowed to. Any Bikers, PH or no, that join in and contribute are adding to the discussion. What they add is how things work with THEIR friends, THEIR Brothers, THEIR MC. This is a man's world, this lifestyle. Women take a limited part in this life, at the acceptance of her ol' man AND his Club. I was always as involved as I could be in that respect but still, my knowledge is limited. As close as Bullet and I are, Club Business did not get discussed. It did not even get brought up, by either of us. I didn't ask questions, he didn't offer.

Just like any other groups of people, Bikers are PEOPLE. They are diverse, different, they change, they learn, they teach.

One thing I have to add is that yes, lots of Bikers are aggressive. Many of you have seen my aggressions here, against things that had nothing to do with this lifestyle. One thing my aggression can be unlimited in, IS this life. Not because I think we're a bunch of bad-asses and I like instilling fear, but because we live with prejudices, stereotypes, inordinate fear, every day, everywhere we go. Many of which are flat-out dangerous.

Spike and I have some differing opinions on some things. But he has as much credit as Bullet does. Because they LIVE this MC life, whether they are wearing a patch or not. We can discuss all day long. We can answer all kinds of questions. But there is no substitute for real world experience. Of which, again, mine is on a limited basis.

I love my husband. I love his Brothers. I love riding. I love our lifestyle. All of these things are inextricably entertwined. That is why I believe, attempt to teach, learn what I can, and fight to make understood better, every day.

You guys may have been a bit "conditioned" to what you think Bikers are like by my influence. Again: We are PEOPLE. We are all different, in each city and State across the globe.
[FONT=Arial Black]I hope you cherish this sweet way of life, and I hope you know that it comes with a price.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

Bullet's trial was a farce. Can I get an AMEN?????

We won't be punished for our sins, but BY them.

Spike101

Ask a Biker!

Post by Spike101 »

buttercup;503254 wrote: Spike you have given information from your point of view, im giving it from mine, some call that giving & recieving information, some call it debating.

FYI - i am aware of the MC world but its here in Scotland, the fact that the MC clubs im aware of or have been part of differ from the one's you are aware of or have been part of are quite obviously different, that does not justify you telling me what i do & do not know.

I would always be respectful to any groups customs (MC included) but im unaccustomed to being treated with aggression for having a differing point of view or indeeed putting forward questions. I can only say that i fail to see just what it is you are getting so het up about, what exactly is it i have the different point of view on? the patch thing? well i wont deny that. If women within the MC club are ok with it then it makes no difference to me. As i said earlier it takes all kinds. There are many MC members here that would think you being part of an online community makes you a girl, but i cant speak for them like you cant speak for yours, we can only say what we think they would think or say :D

What I posted is based on experience, not on my point of view, or how I "feel about it". How little you understand or want to understand is clear. This thread wasnt about "Explain M/C's so we can debate about it". It was about "Here's how it works, FYI, End of story". I'm not going to beat my head against a wall trying to make you "get it". Have a nice day and if you ever get to the states and find yourself around M/C members, try to remember what you should have learned here. Obviously its a different world...I'm pretty much done with you.
buttercup

Ask a Biker!

Post by buttercup »

Pretty much or done?
RedGlitter

Ask a Biker!

Post by RedGlitter »

For what it's worth, I want to say thanks to BabyRider and Spike for being willing to tell us a bit about their world. I was enjoying the conversation, myself. I hope we can get back to the point of the thread! :)
buttercup

Ask a Biker!

Post by buttercup »

Red i do apologize for getting in the way of the thread, most go off topic to some extent here in the garden & it never seems to be much of a problem, im happy to back away to other things so you can ask questions ;)
tg4life

Ask a Biker!

Post by tg4life »

is it true that mc's force women into prostitution? and where they beat them for not obeying. i keep hearing about where they do, and just wanted to know if is true.

Return to “Biker Forum”