missing twin toddlers

Discuss missing children, unsolved or suspicious deaths, and unidentified persons. Amber Alerts to be posted in the Amber Alert Forum only.
lady cop

missing twin toddlers

Post by lady cop »

FBI joins search for missing twin toddlers may have entered Canada.
lady cop

missing twin toddlers

Post by lady cop »

Tyler and Holly Needham
lady cop

missing twin toddlers

Post by lady cop »

i would think the adoptive parents loved and wanted them, and adopted in good faith.
jennyswan

missing twin toddlers

Post by jennyswan »

lady cop;499851 wrote: i would think the adoptive parents loved and wanted them, and adopted in good faith.

I would think so too.

I would also think it's awful hard for the mother as well.

There's no winner in this situation. :(
lady cop

missing twin toddlers

Post by lady cop »

i will add my thoughts on two levels. 1. the law IS what it is, if they are the legal parents. this is an abduction, nomatter who the abductor is. it should have gone through legal channels. the 'no-winners' here are ultimately the children. 2. because of personal experience with adoption, i believe the adoptive parents are the 'real' parents in all but biology.
chonsigirl

missing twin toddlers

Post by chonsigirl »

Well that is interesting, Floppy. Seven day period to change a person's mind..............in contrast to 12 hour request when she asked for them.
valerie

missing twin toddlers

Post by valerie »

Currently reading a very good book... THE GIRLS WHO WENT AWAY

(The hidden history of women who surrendered children for adoption

in the decades before Roe v. Wade) by Ann Fessler. It has numerous

stories, a lot of them heartbreaking. In light of that, this story just

really makes me sad for all concerned.

:-1
Tamsen's Dogster Page

http://www.dogster.com/?27525

lady cop

missing twin toddlers

Post by lady cop »

lady cop;500015 wrote: i will add my thoughts on two levels. 1. the law IS what it is, if they are the legal parents. this is an abduction, nomatter who the abductor is. it should have gone through legal channels. the 'no-winners' here are ultimately the children. 2. because of personal experience with adoption, i believe the adoptive parents are the 'real' parents in all but biology. sorry to quote myself...but i would also like to know how long the twins were with their adoptive parents, and had formed a bond? could they be afraid and confused right now?
chonsigirl

missing twin toddlers

Post by chonsigirl »

It is a very sad scenario, no matter what.:(

If the biological mother is caught, it would probably ruin her chances of regaining custody of them.

But I can envision a court case where the precedents are brought up, to figure out if she did change her mind. I would think anything under 12 hours, she still would have been partially sedated-and could not have answered coherently and legally if she wanted to give them up. If she really asked for them after 12 hours, they should have been given to her.

I do not know what I would do, if it was my child. It is like the story of Solomon and the baby, and who was the real mother.......................:(
lady cop

missing twin toddlers

Post by lady cop »

i just listened to an interview with the bio-mom's sister on CNN....she says the adoptive parents had NOT formally adopted the children yet. it's all very grey. in any event, taking off to Canada was not well-advised for a non-custodial parent to do.
Patsy Warnick

missing twin toddlers

Post by Patsy Warnick »

No wonder several adopt from another country

Our country has so many laws - changes and loop holes - its sad.

Patsy
chonsigirl

missing twin toddlers

Post by chonsigirl »

lady cop;500086 wrote: i just listened to an interview with the bio-mom's sister on CNN....she says the adoptive parents had NOT formally adopted the children yet. it's all very grey. in any event, taking off to Canada was not well-advised for a non-custodial parent to do.

Yes, I agree. It will ruin her chances of getting them permanently.
Patsy Warnick

missing twin toddlers

Post by Patsy Warnick »

Well she got in there (Canada) right before a passport is required..

Several ran to Canada during the DRAFT - will they be required to return - yet to be seen. Probably yes.

Patsy
CARLA

missing twin toddlers

Post by CARLA »

Awful situation for sure. No winners and the children are the ones who will suffer the most. As LC stated the birth mother all but sealed her chances of ever getting her kids back now. It is an abductions now and she is on the run from the law. They will find her and the kids will be taken from her once again.:(

I'm not sure she is the best person to have the children at this point, her actions speak loud right now as to her instability mentally to handle stress.

If there was a flight risk why was she given them for 2 days without supervision. If she broke the conditions of the visitation right, she can add yet another charge to her arrest when they find her and the kids.

I hope she isn't so unstable that she would hurt the children and herself at this point. :confused:

SAD, SAD, SAD,
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

Patsy Warnick

missing twin toddlers

Post by Patsy Warnick »

When people are threatened - its unknown what they'll do. Run - or defend ??

That doesn't make someone unstable. Makes them scared ..

Scared of the unknown - the out come. ??

Patsy
CARLA

missing twin toddlers

Post by CARLA »

True Patsy but in most cases it is viewed as such. This is a 49 year old women who should be making better decision for herself, and her children if she really wanted them back there is a right way and a wrong way of doing it. You just don't abduct them and run from the law. Because now she has no chance of getting them back as I see it. No one wins here.:(

[QUOTE]When people are threatened - its unknown what they'll do. Run - or defend ??

That doesn't make someone unstable. Makes them scared ..

Scared of the unknown - the out come. ??

Patsy[/QUOTE]
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

lady cop

missing twin toddlers

Post by lady cop »

RALEIGH, N.C. — A biological mother accused of kidnapping her 17-month-old twins from their adoptive parents in Apex has been arrested in Canada, and authorities say the children are safe.

Allison Lee Quets, 49, and the twins were found Friday night when police in Ottawa, Canada, acted on a tip, the FBI said in a statement early Saturday. The toddlers, Tyler Lee and Holly Ann Needham, were placed in the custody of Canadian Social Services.

Quets could face federal charges of international parental kidnapping.

A custody agreement allowed Quets to take the children for a brief visit Dec. 22-24, but authorities said she never returned them. The FBI said an investigation indicated Quets crossed the Canadian border with the twins Dec. 23.

The children lived in the Raleigh suburb of Apex with their adoptive parents, Denise and Kevin Needham. Quets had a home in nearby Durham.

Officials with the FBI Victim Witness program were arranging for the adoptive parents to travel to Canada to be with their children.
chonsigirl

missing twin toddlers

Post by chonsigirl »

Ah, she got caught pretty fast. It is better to have it over with, to decide what they are going to do and what is best for the twins. Keep us informed please, LC, it will be an interesting case to follow.
CARLA

missing twin toddlers

Post by CARLA »

Amen what great news they are safe and alive.
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

DesignerGal

missing twin toddlers

Post by DesignerGal »

Its reasons like this I dont like open-adoptions. When mine is decided it will be private closed adoption. The law her in Virginia is that the biomom has 3 days to make up her mind and after 10 days from birth CANNOT change her mind.

HBIC

Return to “Missing Children”