Another ignorant cager

Discuss cruiser bikes, the lifestyle, clubs, and other issues.
BabyRider

Another ignorant cager

Post by BabyRider »

:mad: Damn but I hear these too often! A friend of mine was wiped out by another ignorant cager who was......ON A PHONE. :-5 :-5

This Biker was in Ohio on a poker run. He was less than 2 miles from check-in and the woman HIT his bike, not just cut him off. The Biker hit the median and went sailing. He ended up with 30 stitches in his gut and 10 in each arm. He was lidless, as is allowed in Ohio and he's lucky he wasn't killed.

My first question to him was, "Who got off their scoot and pulled this ignorant bitch out of her cage, bouncing her face off the median so she could understand the pain?"

This man was 3rd in a pack of 9, so none of that crap, "I didn't see him."

People I'm going to say it yet again, because it MATTERS.

WATCH OUT FOR BIKES!!!!!

They are on every road you travel and once more, that might be ME you send to an early grave. :mad:
[FONT=Arial Black]I hope you cherish this sweet way of life, and I hope you know that it comes with a price.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

Bullet's trial was a farce. Can I get an AMEN?????

We won't be punished for our sins, but BY them.

Marie5656

Another ignorant cager

Post by Marie5656 »

Sad thing is that too many car and truck drivers forget that we do not own the road.
Lulu2

Another ignorant cager

Post by Lulu2 »

"On the phone."

Yup...figures! I'm sorry about the accident, B'R! Will your friend be ok?
My candle's burning at both ends, it will not last the night. But ah, my foes, and oh, my friends--It gives a lovely light!--Edna St. Vincent Millay
BabyRider

Another ignorant cager

Post by BabyRider »

Marie5656;498891 wrote: Sad thing is that too many car and truck drivers forget that we do not own the road.
I've seen the occasional truck driver get his ass handed to him for being stupid.
[FONT=Arial Black]I hope you cherish this sweet way of life, and I hope you know that it comes with a price.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

Marie5656

Another ignorant cager

Post by Marie5656 »

One of the reasons I refuse to talk on my phone while driving..even with a head set. I either ignore it, or pull over to talk. This is why I have special ring tones assigned to my husband and my brother...I always answer thier calls.
BabyRider

Another ignorant cager

Post by BabyRider »

Lulu2;498894 wrote: "On the phone."

Yup...figures! I'm sorry about the accident, B'R! Will your friend be ok?

He was very lucky. Had this been a thread about a funeral, it would have had a very different tone. He is back in business and fine, Lulu, thank you for asking.

I make it a pratice to flip off anyone I see driving a cage and on their phone.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

rachelg

Another ignorant cager

Post by rachelg »

BabyRider;498897 wrote: He was very lucky. Had this been a thread about a funeral, it would have had a very different tone. He is back in business and fine, Lulu, thank you for asking.

I make it a pratice to flip off anyone I see driving a cage and on their phone.

Not to appear stupid, but what is a cage?:o
AussiePam

Another ignorant cager

Post by AussiePam »

It's actually illegal here. Unless you have a hands-free setup.
"Life is too short to ski with ugly men"

BabyRider

Another ignorant cager

Post by BabyRider »

rachelg;498932 wrote: Not to appear stupid, but what is a cage?:o
Sorry Rachel, and no question is stupid. A cage is a car and a cager is someone who drives.

I do this all the time, speak Biker and people look at me like I've sprouted a 2nd head. Sory 'bout that!! :yh_bigsmi
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

BabyRider

Another ignorant cager

Post by BabyRider »

AussiePam;498939 wrote: It's actually illegal here. Unless you have a hands-free setup.
It should be illegal everywhere.

The only problem with hands-free setups is they are JUST as distracting as regular phones. Combine that with the normally situationally stupid cagers and you're asking for someone's body bag.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

Lulu2

Another ignorant cager

Post by Lulu2 »

Now, of course, we can discuss whether or not a hands-free phone is any more or less distracting than pets or children in the car, or coffee, etc, etc. I use a hands-free set for emergencies and think I'm as safe with it as I was when I drove children to school!
My candle's burning at both ends, it will not last the night. But ah, my foes, and oh, my friends--It gives a lovely light!--Edna St. Vincent Millay
BabyRider

Another ignorant cager

Post by BabyRider »

Lulu2;498968 wrote: Now, of course, we can discuss whether or not a hands-free phone is any more or less distracting than pets or children in the car, or coffee, etc, etc. I use a hands-free set for emergencies and think I'm as safe with it as I was when I drove children to school!
Can't agree that it's just as safe, Lulu. When you are having a conversation on the phone you are distracted into the conversation. And when the person you are speaking to isn't there with you, they don't know when to stop talking because you need some time to concentrate on some sticky situation. Again, add all that to being ablivious to the road, as MOST PEOPLE ARE, you're asking to kill someone.

I have seen EVERY time I ride, especially in a pack, a cager drift into the lane me or my friends were in. Literally every single time. Those people? Talking on the phone, some of them hands-free.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

dixie_angel_26

Another ignorant cager

Post by dixie_angel_26 »

RIP Clint

killed by a cager during a poker run, I wish ppl would pay attention to what is goin on around them. again drunk talking on the phone, this one took out two in one swipe. Loud pipes save Lives Be Loud & Proud
BabyRider

Another ignorant cager

Post by BabyRider »

dixie_angel_26;499003 wrote: RIP Clint

Pegs down, Clint.

~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

Rain

Another ignorant cager

Post by Rain »

BR, I'm so sorry your friend got hit. Glad he's on the mend. Dixie, :(

I hate cell phones! Hubby and I don't even own one and don't even know how to turn one on. Not kidding. I think they make a nation of irresponsible airheads. There should be a bold line law about these things. All too often you see ppl cutting off bikers (or anyone) and then tee-heeing about it as if it's a "woops". I want to kick them!
Lulu2

Another ignorant cager

Post by Lulu2 »

PEOPLE! Having a cell phone can save lives! It's the way we use them that's the issue!
Rain

Another ignorant cager

Post by Rain »

Exactly Lulu. But unfortunately 99% of the ppl are irresponsible. That's what I meant about having a Bold Line law. One that states how these things should and will be used. Blabittly-blabbity-blabbing while driving is a HUGE no-no and should be ticketed. Imagine all the money that would be collected for the city and county road systems... the school systems, etc. if they started to ticket ppl who are using these things as a way to blabblabblabblab.............
BabyRider

Another ignorant cager

Post by BabyRider »

Magenta flame;499373 wrote: May I ask what kind of rider training you have in america ? what does it take for someone to get their license (Motor bike )
Sure you can!

To earn a full license here, riders have to go through a safety course. Mine was 3 days long. They have to pass a difficult street exam and then a lengthy written exam. It's a bitch of a course but totally worth it. Several of the guys I know go back every year or 2 and take it again just to keep their edge. Once the course is passed your certificate of completion is taken to the Secretary of State and you get your license.

All of that is after a trial period with a learner's permit where you can't ride alone, after dark or with any passengers.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

CARLA

Another ignorant cager

Post by CARLA »

Don't get me started on people who talk on their flippin cell phones and drive. It is against the law in most states now, but not much being done about it.

I have said it before and I will say it again if a family member or friend of mine get hurt or killed by some ass talking on their cell phone. I will personally beat them within a inch of their lives with the damn thing. :mad: Just make me so very angry when I see this.

The only way the law will ever have any teeth to it, would be if someone famous, or someone's child who's parent is on Capital Hill gets killed by someone talking on a cell phone. Then and only then will the law be enforced.

Statistics are showing that accidents caused by someone being on their cell phone is climbing at an alarming rate..right up their with drunk drivers.. :-5 Hand free is no better your distracted, that is the problem you not paying attention to how your driving.. :driving:

BR so sorry about your friend I hope he has a full recovery..
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

Return to “Biker Forum”