Bell Witch

Discuss topics ranging from UFO's to Unexplained Phenomena.
Jesse

Bell Witch

Post by Jesse »

Hello,

How many of you have heard of the Bell Witch? This haunting is the only American haunting that has killed a man. Here is a description on the story from Wikipedia:

to have been experienced between 1817 and 1821 by the family of settler John Bell of Red River, Tennessee (Robertson County) .

It is commonly claimed[] that many of these events were witnessed and documented by hundreds of people — among them future President of the United States Andrew Jackson — and that consequently the episode represents one of the most famous and heavily documented instances of a haunting in history. However, a 2004 skeptical analysis concluded that there is in fact only one primary source for the legend, calling such claims into question.[citation needed]

The legend of the Bell Witch is thought[] to have been an influence on the film The Blair Witch Project

I myself have gone to this area; to the John Bell house and the Bell Witch cave. I must say I had my first paranormal encounter in the bell witch cave. It was very freaky...

Let's discuss,

Jesse
Fibonacci

Bell Witch

Post by Fibonacci »

I've heard the name. I never knew the story behind it though. So, what happend to you in the cave?
The poolhall's a great equalizer. In the poolhall, nobody cares how old you are, how young you are, what color your skin is or how much money you've got in your pocket... It's about how you move. I remember this kid once who could move around a pool table like nobody had ever seen. Hour after hour, rack after rack, his shots just went in. The cue was part of his arm and the balls had eyes. And the thing that made him so good was... He thought he could never miss. I know, 'cause that kid was me.
Jesse

Bell Witch

Post by Jesse »

I kept hearing someone call my name and no one was. I also saw what I thought was a person in the darkened (sp?) part of the cavern. When I went to see if someone was there, no one was. Finally, I heard laughter coming from deep in the cavern...

to this day I am freaked out by that...
Fibonacci

Bell Witch

Post by Fibonacci »

Is this the cave?

Attached files
The poolhall's a great equalizer. In the poolhall, nobody cares how old you are, how young you are, what color your skin is or how much money you've got in your pocket... It's about how you move. I remember this kid once who could move around a pool table like nobody had ever seen. Hour after hour, rack after rack, his shots just went in. The cue was part of his arm and the balls had eyes. And the thing that made him so good was... He thought he could never miss. I know, 'cause that kid was me.
Marie5656

Bell Witch

Post by Marie5656 »

I love reading stories like this one.
guppy

Bell Witch

Post by guppy »

cool story jesse...thanks for sharing it....:)
Jesse

Bell Witch

Post by Jesse »

Fibonacci;496002 wrote: Is this the cave?

Yes. That is the cave.
Jesse

Bell Witch

Post by Jesse »

Your welcome. I got to tour the place through a tour group.... can't quite remember the name though.
RedGlitter

Bell Witch

Post by RedGlitter »

Hi Jesse,

Nice to meet you. I think we're going to get along great- I like how you jumped right into the paranormal section! I love talking about paranormal things with people! Sign me up!

I too have heard of the Bell Witch but have never had an opportunity to see the cave. Was it a male or female voice that called your name? Or could you tell?

Welcome to FG! :)
Jesse

Bell Witch

Post by Jesse »

I must say I was unimpressed with our tour guide. He completely ignored the fact that mom and I had no canoeing experience. When the time came for the canoe trip, we were put in the same canoe. We must've capsized more than 10 times.

But other than that, the tour was awesome.

Return to “Paranormal Science”