Never too old to learn

chonsigirl

Never too old to learn

Post by chonsigirl »

I think that is wonderful!:)
Marie5656

Never too old to learn

Post by Marie5656 »

Shows that not all older folks are codgery and suffering from dimentia. Cool. Will you be MY lawyer?
Suresh Gupta

Never too old to learn

Post by Suresh Gupta »

Marie5656;432482 wrote: Shows that not all older folks are codgery and suffering from dimentia. Cool. Will you be MY lawyer?

Do you have many cases needing a lawyer

I am a senior citizen. I still learn. I still advise. I can advise you on management systems.
Spread love not hate

Suresh Gupta

http://www.betterlife4all.com
Uncle Kram

Never too old to learn

Post by Uncle Kram »

Wow...THAT'S impressive. Although it sounds young now, I started to learn a new language at the age of 28. The thing that I really noticed most of all was that I generally felt more alert as if parts of my brain that had become numb from lack of stimulation were suddenly kick-started. Exercising the brain can only be beneficial as this dude has clearly demonstrated.

THE MAN WITH THE GOLDEN PUN
Lulu2

Never too old to learn

Post by Lulu2 »

This reminds me of the dear Kenyan man who, in his 80s, is in elementary school, learning to read. MY HERO!

edited to add this link:

http://www.forumgarden.com/forums/showt ... hp?t=22272
My candle's burning at both ends, it will not last the night. But ah, my foes, and oh, my friends--It gives a lovely light!--Edna St. Vincent Millay
Lulu2

Never too old to learn

Post by Lulu2 »

Are you thinking of the Kenyan gentleman, Diuretic? There's a greater respect for elders in that part of the world than here, and that's for certain!

I know I'd love to see this man write his memoirs....he's living history, having fought against the Brits in the Mao-Mao movement. I've seen the forests and caves where they hid--it must've been brutal!
My candle's burning at both ends, it will not last the night. But ah, my foes, and oh, my friends--It gives a lovely light!--Edna St. Vincent Millay
Lulu2

Never too old to learn

Post by Lulu2 »

We all grow and mature as we live longer....don't be too hard on yourself, Onsekiz! My belief is that, if you've no regrets about past behavior, you've probably never fully lived!

Diuretic, have you read about the atrocities committed on both sides of the Mau-Mau "rebellion?" Horrific! (I just realized I'm not sure of the spelling of "Mau/Mao." Forgive me...it's late.)
Lulu2

Never too old to learn

Post by Lulu2 »

"Something of Value" was written (by Robert Ruark) about this period/place. Horrible atrocities committed on both sides. (And, now that it's morning, I looked it up....MAU MAU.) :)
msanchez56

Never too old to learn

Post by msanchez56 »

thanks for that

Return to “Retirement Activities”