Bpd Ii

Discuss Mental Health topics & issues.
DesignerGal

Bpd Ii

Post by DesignerGal »

I think I know someone with this and today they are MANIC as all get out. When should I expect the low stage to come. His manic-ness is quite exhausting and getting on my nerves.:confused:

HBIC
RedGlitter

Bpd Ii

Post by RedGlitter »

It can last a while. I'm no expert so you might should look up a few mental health sites to get a general idea. My last episode lasted four days. I could not sleep and didn't want to. Tried to force it with sleeping pills but that only wired me more. What kind of behavior is he showing? Mania can take several forms. Extreme euphoric happiness, anger or violence, compulsive behavior like spending too much money, inability to sleep, overaccomplishing things because you're "on a roll." It's not an enjoyable place to be in.
DesignerGal

Bpd Ii

Post by DesignerGal »

He is driving me crazy. His mania has hit an all new high. Usually its the money spending...

Now its over and he is a victim. THree of us wont talk to him anymore. I havent talked to him since June. The other two, about three weeks now. He is nuts.

HBIC
cherandbuster

Bpd Ii

Post by cherandbuster »

DGal :)

Is his condition controlled with medication?
Live Life with

PASSION
!:guitarist

DesignerGal

Bpd Ii

Post by DesignerGal »

cherandbuster;487419 wrote: DGal :)

Is his condition controlled with medication?

No he refuses to take it I think. Or its too expensive.

HBIC
RedGlitter

Bpd Ii

Post by RedGlitter »

Is this man a friend, someone you could outright (& gently) ask about his behavior? If he really has bipolar or a similar mental disorder, I guarantee you he doesn't really want to be that way. It is very unpleasant for the bipolar person as well as those around them. Bipolars don't always realize the effect their behavior has on others or even on themselves sometimes. Maybe you could sniff around and find out what his deal is. There are lots of reasons why people won't take medication for it, one of them being that they don't want to admit they have a problem. It's like they'd be admitting they're "nuts"- there is still a stigma about mental health. People don't always understand that it's really no different from a heart problem or cholesterol problem; it's just a factor of poorly working chemicals in the brain. :(

Often a manic phase is followed by "the crash" or a mild to severe depression. How is he now as far as you can tell?

I tend to try to help people understand bipolarism because as one who has it, I feel it's kind of like my responsibilty to relate to others my own experience and what I know about it, but if I misunderstood and I'm dumping stuff on you, just say the word. :-3
DesignerGal

Bpd Ii

Post by DesignerGal »

BPD means Borderline Personality Disorder. I wasnt talking about Bi Polar although its similar as far as the mania goes.

HBIC
DesignerGal

Bpd Ii

Post by DesignerGal »

And I havent spoken to him in 6 months because he constantly violates my boundaries I have in place.

HBIC
RedGlitter

Bpd Ii

Post by RedGlitter »

Ohhh....okay. That I can't help with from a personal stance. I do know it's difficult to diagnose and is still a strange agent in the psychiatric world.
Indian Princess

Bpd Ii

Post by Indian Princess »

Be cautious bpd left untreated can be a disaster for anyone experiencing it. Or someone being around it. I have two people who are patients of mine that do not take meds consistently and it shows in their life and its difficulties.

Return to “Mental Health”