Polish immigrants

A forum to discuss local issues in Scotland.
buttercup

Polish immigrants

Post by buttercup »

Have you noticed much difference where you live? Here in the north east i'd say we are seeing a steady rise to the extent that every shop has at least one polish person working in it.
Red

Polish immigrants

Post by Red »

they seem to be invading our buses lately i must admit...as drivers i might add
spot

Polish immigrants

Post by spot »

buttercup;486655 wrote: Have you noticed much difference where you live? Here in the north east i'd say we are seeing a steady rise to the extent that every shop has at least one polish person working in it.They're great fun to talk to - having been to Poland a few times might help in that regard though.

I spent a every weekend one summer a while back going to London to socialize, and the bunch of us always met in the third floor bar of a seedy pub in Leicester Square because the Polish student serving there was such fun to chat with. She must have made them a mint.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Red

Polish immigrants

Post by Red »

And they def cant drive
buttercup

Polish immigrants

Post by buttercup »

Red i would say more than half our bus drivers are polish
Red

Polish immigrants

Post by Red »

buttercup;486666 wrote: Red i would say more than half our bus drivers are polish

bloody hell that many? and do urs drive like maniacs?...mind you the english drivers hardly toodle along..
buttercup

Polish immigrants

Post by buttercup »

We have a rather large area in the nearest city to me that has been empty (windows boarded up ect) for many years as its a bit rough, its a good shortcut for me to get home from the city, i passed by it yesterday coming home & was amazed to find it now full, my friends in the city say its mini Poland.
buttercup

Polish immigrants

Post by buttercup »

Red;486673 wrote: bloody hell that many? and do urs drive like maniacs?...mind you the english drivers hardly toodle along..

I seldom use the bus but when i do they seem to be just as good or just as bad as local one's, communication is the biggest problem.
Patsy Warnick

Polish immigrants

Post by Patsy Warnick »

In the Seattle area there has been a influx of Russians, Why so many Polish and Russians in the US now?

Patsy
buttercup

Polish immigrants

Post by buttercup »

Im not very political Patsy but some of the guys may hit this topic later & be able to answer your question ;)
Patsy Warnick

Polish immigrants

Post by Patsy Warnick »

I was just curious if there is something in that area for the people to run to the US?

Patsy

I'm Polish
koan

Polish immigrants

Post by koan »

I lived at my Polish friend's house for a short time as a teenager.

Her mom would go on and on in Polish to Mamish (grandmother)

and they would throw in English words in every sentence. I loved listening to them talk.

But they rarely sounded pleased with whatever they were talking about.

They were probably talking about me.
buttercup

Polish immigrants

Post by buttercup »

koan;486791 wrote: I lived at my Polish friend's house for a short time as a teenager.

Her mom would go on and on in Polish to Mamish (grandmother)

and they would throw in English words in every sentence. I loved listening to them talk.

But they rarely sounded pleased with whatever they were talking about.

They were probably talking about me.

:yh_rotfl
AussiePam

Polish immigrants

Post by AussiePam »

I know there have been many Polish immigrants, back a way, round the New York area. My Poughkeepsie girlfriend proudly counts herself Polish. Round Christmas she makes awesome pirogs. And chalks on her door the names of the Three Wise Men (I think the main celebration is at Epiphany, 6 January). I love it

My husband had to do some work which involved discussions with Polish diplomats in Canberra a few years ago. Usually such negotiations are so formal you can't move. The Poles took him into the Embassy kitchen and they all had a beer while taking care of business.
"Life is too short to ski with ugly men"

YZGI

Polish immigrants

Post by YZGI »

My best friend is Polish and his wife is Cuban. I call them Culocks.:cool:

Return to “Scotland”