Rosicrucianism?

Discuss Astrology, Confucianism, Healing Arts, Hinduism, Mysticism, Paganism, Reincarnation, Sikhism, others
RedGlitter

Rosicrucianism?

Post by RedGlitter »

Have we any Rosicrucians here or anyone who knows or is learning about them? I have always had an interest and since we have all walks of people here, I wondered if anyone would have any information on this order? :confused:
Elvira

Rosicrucianism?

Post by Elvira »

RedGlitter;487224 wrote: Have we any Rosicrucians here or anyone who knows or is learning about them? I have always had an interest and since we have all walks of people here, I wondered if anyone would have any information on this order? :confused:

I've delved into this from an 'interest' perspective, rather than belief, and it appears that there are many conflicting messages, and thoughts on the origin. What in particular did you want to know?
RedGlitter

Rosicrucianism?

Post by RedGlitter »

Hi Elvira,

I'd like to know anythinbg at all about it. :) I understand it is a mystical type of order and I've been tempted to fill out the applications they've sent me to learn what they are about but it is expensive and not knowing what it's about I am hesitant. :)
koan

Rosicrucianism?

Post by koan »

I did the first year of studies.

It requires patience as they dole the info out at a set pace.
Elvira

Rosicrucianism?

Post by Elvira »

RedGlitter;487260 wrote: Hi Elvira,

I'd like to know anythinbg at all about it. :) I understand it is a mystical type of order and I've been tempted to fill out the applications they've sent me to learn what they are about but it is expensive and not knowing what it's about I am hesitant. :)

I really wouldn't pay for any kind of thing like this and it worries me that they are asking for money from people at this stage...... Religion by correspondance smacks of something else entirely.....

it has been said that this order is a religion of lies and is in no way linked to the original 17th centuary society. In fact it is some people's opinion that the 17th Cent Order was in fact a literary hoax..... (circulated in the 1600's by a printing press)

From what I have read, the Rosi's was developed by European Alchemists in the 1300s, and didn't actually get to the US until the printing press came into play 300 years later.

Some say that Christian Rosenkreutz was the founder, and that this order is all about his times and thoughts. I don't hold with this, as the 'Rose Cross' and brotherhoods, templars etc was before this.

Maybe he changed his name to suit??? :)
koan

Rosicrucianism?

Post by koan »

Elvira;487307 wrote: In fact it is some people's opinion...

:wah:
koan

Rosicrucianism?

Post by koan »

The "secret" society is quite easy to find.

AMORC

I never went to their centre in San Jose but all members have open access to their library there.

It is not a religion. Hermeticism is the religion it is based on. The knowledge is no longer "hermetically sealed". There are many different ways of gaining the same knowledge. Being not a very patient person I looked in other places after the first year. But there is wisdom in the pace they set. It is just a method of teaching you how to gain inner knowledge with a few tricks thrown in. In the first year, back when I took it, they teach you how to meditate... something I never really took to, and they teach a really neat healing technique using positive and negative breath.
Elvira

Rosicrucianism?

Post by Elvira »

koan;487322 wrote: The "secret" society is quite easy to find.

AMORC

I never went to their centre in San Jose but all members have open access to their library there.

It is not a religion. Hermeticism is the religion it is based on. The knowledge is no longer "hermetically sealed". There are many different ways of gaining the same knowledge. Being not a very patient person I looked in other places after the first year. But there is wisdom in the pace they set. It is just a method of teaching you how to gain inner knowledge with a few tricks thrown in. In the first year, back when I took it, they teach you how to meditate... something I never really took to, and they teach a really neat healing technique using positive and negative breath.

I guess the problem I have with this, is that many 'religions' (for want of a better word) teach all this andd more for free...........

Enlightenment/ healing/ spiritualism etc means what you need it to mean, and I don't think that it should cost you financially, the 'quest' costs you enough emotionally!
koan

Rosicrucianism?

Post by koan »

Elvira;487326 wrote: I guess the problem I have with this, is that many 'religions' (for want of a better word) teach all this andd more for free...........

Enlightenment/ healing/ spiritualism etc means what you need it to mean, and I don't think that it should cost you financially, the 'quest' costs you enough emotionally!

Nothing about their studies is hidden.

It is just an organised tutorial.

If I want to learn about computers I can pay for a computer course or I can buy books from the bookstore and self learn or I can go to the library and slowly pick out the books they have available that seem helpful. Same thing with the knowledge they offer. If you ask a Rosicrucian about what they've learned they'll give you all the pointers and likely sit down and try to explain it to you. It just takes a lot of time. It's not a matter of learning it, it's a matter of living it, or experiencing it. And wanting to learn it badly enough that the words start to make sense.
Elvira

Rosicrucianism?

Post by Elvira »

koan;487335 wrote: Nothing about their studies is hidden.

It is just an organised tutorial.

If I want to learn about computers I can pay for a computer course or I can buy books from the bookstore and self learn or I can go to the library and slowly pick out the books they have available that seem helpful. Same thing with the knowledge they offer. If you ask a Rosicrucian about what they've learned they'll give you all the pointers and likely sit down and try to explain it to you. It just takes a lot of time. It's not a matter of learning it, it's a matter of living it, or experiencing it. And wanting to learn it badly enough that the words start to make sense.

So why do they charge for it in advance???

Computers/ Computer training - this is a business, and I guess I see 'spirituality' (thpiwituality) as something other than this.

Just seems wrong to me.... mais, c'est mon avis.
koan

Rosicrucianism?

Post by koan »

Elvira;487354 wrote: So why do they charge for it in advance???

Computers/ Computer training - this is a business, and I guess I see 'spirituality' (thpiwituality) as something other than this.

Just seems wrong to me.... mais, c'est mon avis.

You get a booklet that accurately describes their course. If you are interested then you buy membership for the year, one year at a time and it covers the cost of the mailings. It wasn't that expensive. I did my first year while going to school and it took very little from my wallet.

If you want a correspondence course from any school you pay for it in advance. I have anyway.
koan

Rosicrucianism?

Post by koan »

Actually, some people do make a living out of spirituality.

If I had bought books instead of that course it would have cost me more to learn what I got from the first year. I just didn't like waiting for each mailing. With books I can buy them when I'm ready for the next one.

I always hated the lessons that were really short. Even though the content was good, it meant I had longer to wait with nothing to read.
Elvira

Rosicrucianism?

Post by Elvira »

koan;487381 wrote: Actually, some people do make a living out of spirituality.

If I had bought books instead of that course it would have cost me more to learn what I got from the first year. I just didn't like waiting for each mailing. With books I can buy them when I'm ready for the next one.

I always hated the lessons that were really short. Even though the content was good, it meant I had longer to wait with nothing to read.

Oh, don't I know it! I just personally disagree with it!

I read a book written by a woman who had achieved enlightenment! Well! in the context she was writing about, had she truly achieved the 'no self' then she would not have been able to write a book! Pish!

I'm sorry if I'm coming across as negative or even agressive in my posts on this matter, and I don't disrespect you for your chosen path, but I personally have a problem with associating money with spirituality... it's simply my opinion

I was involved in a cult religion in the US, 11 years ago, I guess it's a passionate subject for me.
koan

Rosicrucianism?

Post by koan »

Actually, I chose a different path.

I'm still a Hermeticist, but not a Rosicrucian.
koan

Rosicrucianism?

Post by koan »

Also, many spiritualists have trouble asking for money.

It takes some time to realise that to have the time to spread whatever knowledge you wish to spread sometimes means having to charge for it so you can continue to devote the energy to whatever you are teaching.

In the same way, someone who is teaching economics gets paid a salary.

Or an English teacher...

fill in the blank.
koan

Rosicrucianism?

Post by koan »

Here's an interesting site about the core of Rosicrucian knowledge, Hermeticism

link

Unfortunately most text on metaphysics is really dry.

That's part of how they keep it "secret" no one wants to read the crap.
koan

Rosicrucianism?

Post by koan »

Actually wikipedia has a reasonably good readable summary

link
clearmind69

Rosicrucianism?

Post by clearmind69 »

I studied this for a while. It was ok. It showed me the meaning to study something and put ones heart into it. Eventually though I came to realise this was very slow and quite costly.

Not bad in the sense it showed me to be a better person.

:-6 :-6 :-6 :-6

Return to “Ancient Wisdom”