*New* Free Tarot Readings

Discuss the metaphysical.
koan

Post by koan »

I just got a free tarot reading program on my website.

If you want to check it out it's here

spot wrote the program for me and did a damn fine job.

thanks, spot.

Anyone who tries it,

I'd love to hear feedback on how well it worked

ie) was the answer clear?

did the instructions make sense?

etc.
YZGI

Post by YZGI »

koan;483826 wrote: I just got a free tarot reading program on my website.

thanks, spot.

Anyone who tries it,

etc.
These things scare me a bit.
koan

Post by koan »

YZGI;483828 wrote: These things scare me a bit.

:wah:

that's why it's good to do your own sometimes. you can just close your eyes and click until it goes away
theia

Post by theia »

It worked really well, Koan...the instructions were clear...I did a fairly speedy reading because things are a bit busy at present, so I didn't really absorb what was said. But it's very good :-6
Live the questions now. Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live along some distant day into the answers...Rainer Maria Rilke
koan

Post by koan »

theia;483831 wrote: It worked really well, Koan...the instructions were clear...I did a fairly speedy reading because things are a bit busy at present, so I didn't really absorb what was said. But it's very good :-6

yay!

i know you understand the cards well too, theia so that's extra nice to hear.
WonderWendy3

Post by WonderWendy3 »

thanks, spot.

Anyone who tries it,

etc.

I tried it, it was cool...thanks for sharing...Of course I don't know what it all means first time ever looked at tarot cards in my life...but cool...
buttercup

Post by buttercup »

wow that was great, i was thinking of all this carry on with my friend & got

1 - 9 of cups

2 - six of cups

3 - hanged man

4 - 4 of cups

5 - 5 of wands

6 - prince of swords

7 - 3 of cups

8 - princess of swords

9 - the devil

10 - adjustment

just had a quick scan as i have to bolt out the door to work, would you summarise it for me here or in pm please koan as it likely will say something different next time i try it, very cool tho, well done spot :D
koan

Post by koan »

hey buttercup

the magic 8 ball says:

1. Your relationship is not troubled. It is a rewarding source of happiness in your life.

2. The challenge is for you to keep it exciting as time goes on. That is the challenge of all relationships and a fun one to work on. :yh_wink

3. your friendship with this woman is definitely hitting a stalemate. the issues that are arising are not something that the two of you will work through easily.

4. when you met one of you was very helpful to the other. my guess is that it was you offering her lots of emotion and support. this could be the cause of what you sense as jealousy. but, in this case the jealousy is over you and not your spouse. (she doesn't want to share you)

5. You've had this argument which you put an end to. basically stood your ground and told her you wouldn't listen to it.

6. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like she will let it rest. There is a battle for attention and you will find the need to be a bit brutal about it.

7. Your just so darn happy, none of this is going to cause you any real problems.

8. She is quite determined though. Keep in mind she thinks she is right. She thinks that her perceptions are clearer than yours in this matter. She doesn't see her own motivations.

9. The reason it is bothering you so much is that it is praying on your insecurities. You have your own devils to fight and she is aggrevating it. The reality is we all have similar fears. It's natural and it is best to not have someone around who is poking your wounds right now.

10. Everything is as it should be. Just keep your calm and trust in the process.

That should help answer the questions that you asked in the other threads.

I don't mind doing this. I'm glad I could, but the intention is for people to see if the program works clearly without my help.
Erinna1112

Post by Erinna1112 »

Nitpick - there's a misspelling on the "shuffle the cards" page...it's "highlighted," not "hightlighted."

Also, in some places, the ASCII code is showing, rather than the character that the code is supposed to display.

The functionality was great, and the explanations clear. I like!
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

I swear by my life - and my love of it - that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. ~Ayn Rand

If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention.

A*M*E*N!
koan

Post by koan »

Erinna1112;483848 wrote: Nitpick - there's a misspelling on the "shuffle the cards" page...it's "highlighted," not "hightlighted."

Also, in some places, the ASCII code is showing, rather than the character that the code is supposed to display.

The functionality was great, and the explanations clear. I like!

Thanks. spot is in shock at the spelling error. :yh_giggle

ASCII - was it the apostrophes?
Erinna1112

Post by Erinna1112 »

koan;483849 wrote:

ASCII - was it the apostrophes?

Yep. I didn't notice it much, just a couple of times. I don't think it happened everywhere. I only noticed it on the page that you see after you click on the highlighted card, within the explanation.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

I swear by my life - and my love of it - that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. ~Ayn Rand

A*M*E*N!
koan

Post by koan »

SnoozeControl;483851 wrote: That was fascinating and very easy to use.

er... this is a good thing, right? :-2

The Death card is usually the one most people fear but it is actually a very positive card.

It shows only that the things in your life that aren't necessary or useful anymore can be cut away. The only difficulty that arises is when people try to cling on to what isn't good for them anymore.

I'm actually glad to have the chance to explain that one. It is the most misunderstood card in the deck.
Patsy Warnick

Post by Patsy Warnick »

How COOL - I pretty much applied the meanings to situations and my personal being. Loved it - I have had readings in the past - I find it interesting.

Thank You Patsy
koan

Post by koan »

Erinna1112;483852 wrote: Yep. I didn't notice it much, just a couple of times. I don't think it happened everywhere. I only noticed it on the page that you see after you click on the highlighted card, within the explanation.

yep. it's in the definitions area. it's probably like that wherever the apostrophes come up on the card meanings. we'll have to go back and look for them all.
koan

Post by koan »

Patsy Warnick;483854 wrote: How COOL - I pretty much applied the meanings to situations and my personal being. Loved it - I have had readings in the past - I find it interesting.

Thank You Patsy

Thanks for the feedback.

Trying to decide on the right keywords was a bit tricky but the Thoth cards are so amazing they say a lot on their own.
YZGI

Post by YZGI »

I am glad you explained the death card. I think I will try it now. I was afraid it would show up and I would keel over at my desk.:wah:
koan

Post by koan »

You're safe YZGI :wah:

Erinna,

what browser are you using?
Patsy Warnick

Post by Patsy Warnick »

Spot - you did a great job - very cool

Koan & Spot - you should be very proud..

Patsy
koan

Post by koan »

Patsy Warnick;483867 wrote: Spot - you did a great job - very cool

Koan & Spot - you should be very proud..

Patsy

You sure you want to recommend spot feel more pride :sneaky: :wah:
Marie5656

Post by Marie5656 »

OK, here is the deal. I do not fully understand the concept. What the cards mean, how to interpret what the cards are saying. So..where does one get the basics of understanding a tarot reading?
koan

Post by koan »

just for clarification:

spot is one of the most humble men I've met.
koan

Post by koan »

Marie5656;483869 wrote: OK, here is the deal. I do not fully understand the concept. What the cards mean, how to interpret what the cards are saying. So..where does one get the basics of understanding a tarot reading?

Did you try it?

It tells you what the position of the card represents then gives you the basic meanings.

If you tried it and it is still really unclear then I can help you out with it and maybe add some more in the definitions.
sunny104

Post by sunny104 »

very cool! :-6

I had a very positive reading based on my question, very interesting.
koan

Post by koan »

Actually, Marie, I wrote an overview here

if you think of more questions let me know and I'll add them
koan

Post by koan »

sunny104;483872 wrote: very cool! :-6

I had a very positive reading based on my question, very interesting.

I'd expect someone named sunny to have a positive reading!

thanks for reporting back.
Marie5656

Post by Marie5656 »

OK, Koan, thanks. I am just wrapping up at work...but will have to give it a better look in a day or two, I will get back to you if I have questions.
WonderWendy3

Post by WonderWendy3 »

Koan, I have lots of questions, but I'm going to only ask one at a time...what does the wealth card stand for? Since the death card wasn't what we think it would be...????
koan

Post by koan »

WonderWendy3;483904 wrote: Koan, I have lots of questions, but I'm going to only ask one at a time...what does the wealth card stand for? Since the death card wasn't what we think it would be...????

The Wealth card is a 10 in the suit of disks.

10s are the fulfillment / ending cards of the suits and disks relate to the material world. Usually 10s show a boredom or need to move on to something, even though things are good. In the case of disks, .... the material world is so dense it doesn't know when it's had enough. It just likes having.

brief explanation: It is fulfillment on a material level. Often comes in the form of money but can be found in other tactile ways.
Erinna1112

Post by Erinna1112 »

koan;483866 wrote:

Erinna,

what browser are you using?

IE 6.0.

You're going to be kept busy for a bit interpreting these readings for those of us with little experience in these concepts ;) Got a question for you regarding mine, in fact....I was thinking about the job interview I had today, and wondering how it would come out. In the "obstacles the querent (querant??) faces" position, I got a seven of disks, and it was interpreted as "failure". How should I view this?

A*M*E*N!
koan

Post by koan »

Erinna1112;483913 wrote: IE 6.0.

You're going to be kept busy for a bit interpreting these readings for those of us with little experience in these concepts ;) Got a question for you regarding mine, in fact....I was thinking about the job interview I had today, and wondering how it would come out. In the "obstacles the querent (querant??) faces" position, I got a seven of disks, and it was interpreted as "failure". How should I view this?

I know. querent is a tarot created word. They spell it with an "e" (but it's not really a word :D )

The "failure" card represents a test. It does indicate unlikeliness for successful use of energy. In the challenge area, this doesn't necessarily mean failure to get the job. It depends on the other cards in the reading. The challenge, with no other info to go on at the moment seems to be an indication that you should focus on not investing more in the opportunity than you care to lose.
YZGI

Post by YZGI »

Pretty cool Koan. Firts time I ever did anything like that, it was very interesting.
koan

Post by koan »

YZGI;483943 wrote: Pretty cool Koan. Firts time I ever did anything like that, it was very interesting.

:-6

I'm honoured to have been the one to introduce you to it.
buttercup

Post by buttercup »

Koan thank you so very much for doing that for me within your hectic schedule, wow isent it freaky how close to actual events that is :thinking:

your just going to have to force yourself to give spot a hug for that one, the boy done good :D
alobar51

Post by alobar51 »

thanks, spot.

Anyone who tries it,

etc.

Fascinating stuff.

How does it work?

I've been asking questions from very specific to very general, and have been getting intrigueing results.

I posed the question "Will I ever find true peace?, and position 3 came up the 2 of swords. Peace. Pretty spot on.

I asked one question concerning a possible event next month 3 times, and while I did get different cards coming up at various positions, the responses had a distinct similarity to them. The message was about the same.

Tell me more.
koan

Post by koan »

alobar51;484419 wrote: Fascinating stuff.

How does it work?

I've been asking questions from very specific to very general, and have been getting intrigueing results.

I posed the question "Will I ever find true peace?, and position 3 came up the 2 of swords. Peace. Pretty spot on.

I asked one question concerning a possible event next month 3 times, and while I did get different cards coming up at various positions, the responses had a distinct similarity to them. The message was about the same.

Tell me more.

Bizarre, ain't it?

How it works is a difficult thing to explain. It depends on your belief system.

I've actually done a reading and tried to ask another question shortly after (not wanting to think about what it had just told me :o ) and the exact same cards turned up in the second reading. Every one. Exactly the same. So I decided to get over my problem and deal with what it was trying to tell me.

Now that you done the trick of asking the same thing to see what happens, I don't recommend doing it for any other reason. The cards will start adding more and more detail until it gets so convoluted that the big picture disappears.
guppy

Post by guppy »

i flipped over each card and get from it;

dont try and force a relationship, if it doesn't suit, end it, have patience, use my knowlege in business and change up how i view relationships in general.
koan

Post by koan »

I'm glad it's working well for everyone.

yay, spot!
Fibonacci

Post by Fibonacci »

Wow! How does this work? It's like it heard my question!

Thanks Koan!:)
The poolhall's a great equalizer. In the poolhall, nobody cares how old you are, how young you are, what color your skin is or how much money you've got in your pocket... It's about how you move. I remember this kid once who could move around a pool table like nobody had ever seen. Hour after hour, rack after rack, his shots just went in. The cue was part of his arm and the balls had eyes. And the thing that made him so good was... He thought he could never miss. I know, 'cause that kid was me.
devist8me

Post by devist8me »

I'm using Mozilla and the cards don't flip over to give me a reading :(
I probably posted that in an ambien trance-soryy
Erinna1112

Post by Erinna1112 »

koan;483921 wrote: I know. querent is a tarot created word. They spell it with an "e" (but it's not really a word :D )

The "failure" card represents a test. It does indicate unlikeliness for successful use of energy. In the challenge area, this doesn't necessarily mean failure to get the job. It depends on the other cards in the reading. The challenge, with no other info to go on at the moment seems to be an indication that you should focus on not investing more in the opportunity than you care to lose.

The rest of the cards were positive, which was what confused me. I'm also not 100% convinced of the effectiveness of such a reading online. In person is another story; I've seen far too much of what many people would call "coincidence" to disbelieve. I have always thought that there is more to this world than we can sense with the five senses we're taught about in school.

A*M*E*N!
spot

Post by spot »

Erinna1112;484506 wrote: I'm also not 100% convinced of the effectiveness of such a reading online.I'm glad someone's brought that up.

I take it that concentrating on the question to be considered prepares either the mind to read the cards or the order of the deck when shuffling or (reasonably enough) both. The one is personal, the other is an intervention combined with chance itself.

Both are deployed in an online reading, just as when touching a physical deck. I'd be interested in opinions about the differences between this implementation and using a deck that's physically present with the reader.

Does the likelihood that a physical deck has a history matter? Physical shuffling is less efficient than the re-ordering that's done in this online version. I'm capable of changing that, or allowing alternative shuffle strategies to be requested, I'm just not sure whether I should add code to enable it or what the practical effect would be if I did.

As an illustration, randomizing a deck of playing cards takes (at the very least) six well-performed riff-shuffles and in practice more. Any duplicate Contract Bridge player can tell by the end of an evening whether the match was computer-generated or not just by the shape of the hands played, and I say that with the voice of experience.

http://www.maa.org/mathland/mathtrek_10_16_00.html is a reasonable and short discussion of the phenomenon by Ivars Peterson in his column at the Mathematical Association of America site.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
alobar51

Post by alobar51 »

koan;484426 wrote: Bizarre, ain't it?

How it works is a difficult thing to explain. It depends on your belief system.

I've actually done a reading and tried to ask another question shortly after (not wanting to think about what it had just told me :o ) and the exact same cards turned up in the second reading. Every one. Exactly the same. So I decided to get over my problem and deal with what it was trying to tell me.

Now that you done the trick of asking the same thing to see what happens, I don't recommend doing it for any other reason. The cards will start adding more and more detail until it gets so convoluted that the big picture disappears.

My belief system...hmmm...

My most influential teacher, noted NYC therapist Joan Pancoe, is a Taoist adept and Qi Gung master, who makes her living as a psychic and karmic astrologer. Her last book, Openings, can be obtained from Amazon.

My work as a nutritional therapist is informed largely by Traditional Chinese Medicine.

I was raised Lutheran, had an uncle who was a pretty conservative minister.

This combination has left me with a fairly eclectic mix of Eastern and Western ideas. My work is rife with charlatans, so I remain skeptical of much, but I've experienced phenomena that defy easy explanation, so I remain open to just about everything.

I've read one of Crowley's books, Diary of a Dope Fiend. Interesting character. Not sure I totally trust him.

This is an interesting phenomena. I'd like to learn more.
Tater Tazz

Post by Tater Tazz »

very cool, thanks for sharing.:-6
koan

Post by koan »

alobar51;484606 wrote:

I've read one of Crowley's books, Diary of a Dope Fiend. Interesting character. Not sure I totally trust him.

Crowley is one of the most unreadable metaphysical authors I've encountered. How he managed to achieve what he did with so much ego defies explanation, imo.

He seemed to pride himself on being the guy people loved to hate. One of his problems was that he was a misogynist but needed women for his magick. But that was only one of his problems, he had many. :D

He brought metaphysics to the public. I don't know if he broke the code of secrecy to help increase his own fame or just to annoy the crap out of everyone else. :wah:

His tarot, drawn by Frieda Harris, is the most beautiful deck I've seen.

Each deck has a different energy and method of "speaking". Crowley's is blunt, strong and gets right to the heart of the issue. I love it.

The most simple explanation I can give on how the tarot works is "by intention". The querent's desire to know results in the cards being turned. I've done readings for people who wanted to make the cards say something different and those people would have trouble doing their own reading, imo, because they didn't desire to hear the truth. There have been times where I didn't let the person shuffle because I could feel that they would put confusion into the deck. I do internet readings that work without the person touching the deck as well. Because my desire is to get the answer for them. So, like other things, it is our intentions that shape the reality around us.

That's my best explanation at the moment.

This kind of philosophy is layered and each person builds their own upon a hermetic core over time as it is revealed to them.
koan

Post by koan »

This is so great that everyone seems to be making sense of the results.

devist8me.... I don't know why they didn't turn over. spot and I use Firefox and everything works on it (including the apostrophes) Did you click on them?

One time the server timed out displaying the card but the meaning showed and, on return, to the layout the card was visible again. One the different features of spot's program is that you can go back and look at a card again after it's been viewed. I like that part.

The cards only turn over in the proper order so you have to click on the highlighted card each time.
spot

Post by spot »

Pinky;484704 wrote: Damn school filters...:-5

I'll give it a try when I finally get mine up and running if I haven't died of old age by then:rolleyes:
Pinky, can you ask the filter-controller, whoever it is, how the filter decides what's browsable? I can put in the right code to show the nature of the content if I know what rules he's checking against, and I'd quite like to widen the range of computers that can get to it. I looked at The Internet Content Rating Association (ICRA) codes but I didn't know if they were the recognised standard or not - that would be an intelligible question if you mention their rating system.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
kazalala

Post by kazalala »

that Link isnt working for me now:-3

FOC THREAD PART1

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

Martin Luther King Jr.

Return to “Magic Mystery”