Why I Live Where I Live

Put yourself on our Member Map! Discuss the ForumGarden Member Map Area. Post photos and satellite imagery relating to where you live.
Sherrinvale

Why I Live Where I Live

Post by Sherrinvale »

Ok am very new at this Forum and am trying to work out how to upload a picture Can anyone help me pleeease
chrisb84uk

Why I Live Where I Live

Post by chrisb84uk »

Well I'm no expert I have to admit, but I know that u can insert pics into here, by going down to additional options when writing a new message. Then go to Manage attachments, and there u can upload pics from your computer or the web.

Hope that helps.
Sherrinvale

Why I Live Where I Live

Post by Sherrinvale »

So if all goes well I should have a picture here very soon ..... now where are those additional options dear devil told me about are yes there they are, so now let me see if it works ....

I also live in the middle of no where and just love it. :-6

Attached files
chrisb84uk

Why I Live Where I Live

Post by chrisb84uk »

Glad I could be of help to u. Love the pics though. Don't see much countryside around where I live, but then I suppose I have always really been a city boy.
sunny104

Why I Live Where I Live

Post by sunny104 »

Your pics are beautiful!:)
Aisling

Why I Live Where I Live

Post by Aisling »

Sherrinvale, thats such a beautiful spot and great house...i'm a country girl to.

I bet your night skies are magical!:yh_cow
BabyRider

Why I Live Where I Live

Post by BabyRider »

That is absolutely stunning. Breath-taking. I am so jealous. But in a good way. *sigh* Maybe someday I'll be able to see it. :yh_sigh
[FONT=Arial Black]I hope you cherish this sweet way of life, and I hope you know that it comes with a price.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

Bullet's trial was a farce. Can I get an AMEN?????

We won't be punished for our sins, but BY them.

pantsonfire321@aol.com

Why I Live Where I Live

Post by pantsonfire321@aol.com »

Sherrinvale wrote: So if all goes well I should have a picture here very soon ..... now where are those additional options dear devil told me about are yes there they are, so now let me see if it works ....

How pretty. You lucky thing... to live in such a picturesque location..... i'm so envious.:)
Can go from 0 - to bitch in 3.0 seconds .:D

Smile people :yh_bigsmi

yep, this bitch bites back .;)
jbbarker1947

Why I Live Where I Live

Post by jbbarker1947 »

Sherrinvale wrote: So if all goes well I should have a picture here very soon ..... now where are those additional options dear devil told me about are yes there they are, so now let me see if it works ....

I never thought of down under being that way.

This is my yard at the house in town.

BTW Texas is green, near the water.

Attached files
spot

Why I Live Where I Live

Post by spot »

JB, that looks like the original testbed that Stephenson designed his first steam loco with. You should gift it to a museum!
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
jbbarker1947

Why I Live Where I Live

Post by jbbarker1947 »

spot wrote: JB, that looks like the original testbed that Stephenson designed his first steam loco with. You should gift it to a museum!

That is my Bar B Que pit. By 6:30 CST, I will be in the hammock with a beer.
jbbarker1947

Why I Live Where I Live

Post by jbbarker1947 »

Sherrinvale, Can you see the Milky Way at night? I have to out in the Gulf or West Texas to see it. Does it come out the horizon in the Southwest?
Deep_Respect

Why I Live Where I Live

Post by Deep_Respect »

Hello Everyone

I'm new to this site and this is my first post. I my choice to live Brooklyn NY was a matter of convenience. The markets, entertainment and dining is nearby and in most cases within walking distance. There are 10 subway lines at 2 local stations that provide transportation to the rest of the city so there is virtually no need to drive.

I live in the middle of everything and love it
cherandbuster

Why I Live Where I Live

Post by cherandbuster »

Welcome Deep!:)

Are you from New York or did you move there?
Live Life with

PASSION
!:guitarist

ZAP

Why I Live Where I Live

Post by ZAP »

Hey, JB, Whatcha got on that BBQ?:)
Deep_Respect

Why I Live Where I Live

Post by Deep_Respect »

I'm a native New Yorker. I grew up in the Bronx but moved to Brooklyn a little over 10 years ago.

cherandbuster wrote: Welcome Deep!:)

Are you from New York or did you move there?
cherandbuster

Why I Live Where I Live

Post by cherandbuster »

Pinkster

What an absolutely lovely home :-6

It is so beautiful!

And the grounds are breaktaking!
Live Life with

PASSION
!:guitarist

sunny104

Why I Live Where I Live

Post by sunny104 »

Pinky, that is beautiful! :-6
Nomad

Why I Live Where I Live

Post by Nomad »

Pinky wrote: This is my place:

I'm the middle one. It's lovely in summer..there are no streetlights and we're miles from a main road. It's a bummer in winter though!

I just wish there was a pub within walking distance, or a bus route.

Your the middle what ?
I AM AWESOME MAN
freeforall

Why I Live Where I Live

Post by freeforall »

hmm... that's interesting.
Marie5656

Why I Live Where I Live

Post by Marie5656 »

Why do I live where I live? Simple, it is where all my stuff is. I like being near my stuff.
RedGlitter

Why I Live Where I Live

Post by RedGlitter »

Pinky;352665 wrote: This is my place:

I'm the middle one. It's lovely in summer..there are no streetlights and we're miles from a main road. It's a bummer in winter though!

I just wish there was a pub within walking distance, or a bus route.

WOW!! That's your house Pink?! You lucky woman, you!

May I ask how old it is? I'm nuts about houses but I'm not always good at dating them. :o

It's a beautiful house!
Nomad

Why I Live Where I Live

Post by Nomad »

RedGlitter;481192 wrote: WOW!! That's your house Pink?! You lucky woman, you!

May I ask how old it is? I'm nuts about houses but I'm not always good at dating them. :o

It's a beautiful house!

Ive never dated a house but I did have a torrid affair with a very sultry VW Beetle a few yrs ago.
I AM AWESOME MAN
guppy

Why I Live Where I Live

Post by guppy »

all my extended family is in this area......i moved alot growing up. decided my kids would stay in one school system and grow up with the same kids. soooo i have been in the same house for twenty years now.............:-6
Fibonacci

Why I Live Where I Live

Post by Fibonacci »

Its where i was born. Its where I was raised. and I've go nowhere to go.
The poolhall's a great equalizer. In the poolhall, nobody cares how old you are, how young you are, what color your skin is or how much money you've got in your pocket... It's about how you move. I remember this kid once who could move around a pool table like nobody had ever seen. Hour after hour, rack after rack, his shots just went in. The cue was part of his arm and the balls had eyes. And the thing that made him so good was... He thought he could never miss. I know, 'cause that kid was me.
devist8me

Why I Live Where I Live

Post by devist8me »

wow, great pics by all. I'm envious of Pinky's house!!!

I love the changing of the 4 seasons here (in MO). We go from one extreme to the next depending on the time of year. Here's my "hood" after 2 inches of ice followed by 2 inches of snow. It was pretty much melted in just a few days.

Attached files
I probably posted that in an ambien trance-soryy
Connie Dixon

Why I Live Where I Live

Post by Connie Dixon »

Hey is it really that cold there
Nomad

Why I Live Where I Live

Post by Nomad »

Dont know about there but its cold here...10-20 below this weekend.
I AM AWESOME MAN
abbey

Why I Live Where I Live

Post by abbey »

Thankyou. :)
chonsigirl

Why I Live Where I Live

Post by chonsigirl »

Abbey, you have been changing your avatar alot today. Everytime I pop in the arcarde you have a new look!
crazygal

Why I Live Where I Live

Post by crazygal »

Thanks Pinks. :) Lovely where you live. :)
Carl44

Why I Live Where I Live

Post by Carl44 »

abbey;567943 wrote: Thankyou. :)

nice pic abbey you remind me of ronaldo , a big girly fairy :wah: :wah: :wah:
uv_lightmyway

Why I Live Where I Live

Post by uv_lightmyway »

I live in Kansas City, Missouri and work in Olathe, Kansas. Things I like about where I live:

1. I live two blocks west of the Plaza, which is an awesome section of KC. I am about one mile from Westport, another really neat section of the city.

2. I get to cross a state line not just to go to and come back from work, but also to grocery shop, get bagels, and visit friends.

3. Kansas is easy to draw.

4. Missouri is a bit harder, but I am getting better with practice.

5. We have lots of history...jazz, pioneers, agricultural, ect...

6. Our barbeque is out of this world.

7. We have neat old buildings in the city. Unfortunately I cannot say the same for Olathe (where I work)...it is SO 2004.

8. My apartment has hardwood floors and those old style radiators that I love.

Many more, but these come to mind.
RedGlitter

Why I Live Where I Live

Post by RedGlitter »

Sounds lovely. Especially the hardwood floors! And the jazz! And by far, the buildings!! That last one would sell me. What kind of work do you do there? :)
uv_lightmyway

Why I Live Where I Live

Post by uv_lightmyway »

Insurance Fraud Investigator.

I look at the thefts that get reported to my insurance company, and talk with police and take recorded statements/interview insureds and witnesses and determine if they sound logical or if they have any red flags that require further investigation.
K.Snyder

Why I Live Where I Live

Post by K.Snyder »

Joannee;591527 wrote: I have lived in Cornwall since 1974, I left the Midlands in 1961 we went to Swindon in Wiltshire for another thirteen years when my husband's company moved there.

We still go *home* where all my brothers and sister still live and we are appalled at the changes in what were beautiful well kept areas, which unfortunately seem to be the same in many areas of our great U,K.

It is a slower pace of life down here, there maybe not the high wages that were afforded in other places but when you go out onto the beaches or countryside not the same degree of pollution so no wonder our visitor numbers are so high, we have just heard on the local radio we had one and a half million visitors to the county over Easter and the weather has been very favourable for a couple of weeks or more so a bonus indeed.

I have and never will forget my roots with my beloved parents when I was a child and things were quite similar to what we have now in Cornwall.

This is my opinion entirely .

Joannee.:-6 :-6

That's incredibly beautiful

I haven't been fortunate enough to see the ocean live...I do like places by the water though...
Helen

Why I Live Where I Live

Post by Helen »

Joannee;591527 wrote: I have lived in Cornwall since 1974, I left the Midlands in 1961 we went to Swindon in Wiltshire for another thirteen years when my husband's company moved there.

We still go *home* where all my brothers and sister still live and we are appalled at the changes in what were beautiful well kept areas, which unfortunately seem to be the same in many areas of our great U,K.

It is a slower pace of life down here, there maybe not the high wages that were afforded in other places but when you go out onto the beaches or countryside not the same degree of pollution so no wonder our visitor numbers are so high, we have just heard on the local radio we had one and a half million visitors to the county over Easter and the weather has been very favourable for a couple of weeks or more so a bonus indeed.

I have and never will forget my roots with my beloved parents when I was a child and things were quite similar to what we have now in Cornwall.

This is my opinion entirely .

Joannee.:-6 :-6

like joannee, i too live in cornwall. i've been here since 1983. in fact we only live a few miles apart. im about five minits walk from the sea and im ashamed to say i take it for granted now so dont spend a lot of time on the beach, except in the winter when there are fewer people about.

the locals are warm and freindly. people come here from all over the world to enjoy the surfing and we have a lot of big competions here.

i love it here and wouldnt live anywhere else now.:-6
Betty Boop

Why I Live Where I Live

Post by Betty Boop »

I have lived in Cornwall all my life and not sure I could ever move away!

One and half million visitors WOW! Mind you I can believe it, it was really busy down this way, gridlock on the roads...... :rolleyes:

I have the spectacular view of St Michaels Mount in the Bay every day, although it's a liitle hazy out there today, I guess when this cover lifts its going to be another glorious day!

I'm ashamed to say I still haven't made it to the Eden project :o maybe at the end of the season..........
zinkyusa

Why I Live Where I Live

Post by zinkyusa »

To me one place is pretty much as good as the next. I like it here in North Carolina but I could like it almost anywhere I think..:-6
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.
EgyptianJewishPrincess

Why I Live Where I Live

Post by EgyptianJewishPrincess »

hope i did this right...i attached a picture of me...btw I am in Northern CA...in the Bay Area!

Attached files

Return to “Member Map Discussion”