Meeting Alex Salmond

A forum to discuss local issues in Scotland.
buttercup

Meeting Alex Salmond

Post by buttercup »

I have an invitation to a cheese & wine evening hosted by Alex Salmond on Friday, if i get the chance to talk to him which of course everyone will be trying to do :rolleyes: what points would you like me to raise with him?
gmc

Meeting Alex Salmond

Post by gmc »

Ask him what he intends to do about the labour mafia that run all the councils.

Faith schools. Get rid of them?
buttercup

Meeting Alex Salmond

Post by buttercup »

gmc :-4

now how could i phrase that without getting chucked out, i'd like some cheese n wine too ya know :wah:
Chookie

Meeting Alex Salmond

Post by Chookie »

Ask why that cretinous poodle (Blair) is after wanting a new generation of nuclear missiles.
An ye harm none, do what ye will....
Bryn Mawr

Meeting Alex Salmond

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Chookie;476483 wrote: Ask why that cretinous poodle (Blair) is after wanting a new generation of nuclear missiles.

So that he can play in the big boy's club!
gmc

Meeting Alex Salmond

Post by gmc »

Also ask what he would do about scottish power and scottish water. Since the snp would stay in europe what about sitiutaions like that when eu competition rules mean that something (water) most scots see as being theirs that has never been in private hands can be sold to the highest bidder. Would he re-nationalise it.

gmc

now how could i phrase that without getting chucked out, i'd like some cheese n wine too ya know

Just ask him outright. If he can't stand the heat he shouldn't be in politics.
Bryn Mawr

Meeting Alex Salmond

Post by Bryn Mawr »

buttercup;476328 wrote: I have an invitation to a cheese & wine evening hosted by Alex Salmond on Friday, if i get the chance to talk to him which of course everyone will be trying to do :rolleyes: what points would you like me to raise with him?

How did the meeting go?

What did you think of him - up (or down) to expectations?
buttercup

Meeting Alex Salmond

Post by buttercup »

Bryn i dident get finished work until after it had started, by the time i'd showered & ate it wasent worth going, nice to be invited tho.

On reflection now, doubt i'd have got a chance to chat to him, i did have a lil crush on him when i was a girl :yh_blush so it may have been interesting to see what that was all about :yh_think
gmc

Meeting Alex Salmond

Post by gmc »

I met Robin Cook a month or so before he died-used to be my MP. Wish he was still around as the labour party leadership contest might have been a bit more interesting than it is at present. Bit like watching somebody rearrange the wooden dummies at a ventriloquists convention.
Bryn Mawr

Meeting Alex Salmond

Post by Bryn Mawr »

gmc;487517 wrote: I met Robin Cook a month or so before he died-used to be my MP. Wish he was still around as the labour party leadership contest might have been a bit more interesting than it is at present. Bit like watching somebody rearrange the wooden dummies at a ventriloquists convention.

A wonderful image and *very* appropriate :-)
randall

Meeting Alex Salmond

Post by randall »

:-6

Dear All (for and against),

My wife and I were shopping a few years ago in TESCO'S in Linlithgow and who should be next to us.

"Good afternoon Alex," says my wife. He looked up and a flash of recognition went over his face.

I thanked him for all he had done to get the INLAND REVENUE off my back when I stopped work. THEY must have thought just because I had been gallivanting all over the world in the Merchant Navy I MUST have hoards of pirates gold stashed away somewhere.

I mentioned that I had seen him on the TV that morning.

Jocularly he pointed a finger at me and said "You were watching the "Morning Line"?" "How much did you bet.?"

I assured him that it was purely accidental and I had never bet on a horse. They're wise enough not to bet on us.

He's a fresh face anyway, and Tony Blair showed his true colours by not telephoning and congratulating him on his election.

Brown showed the true dourness of a cut-across Scot by waiting foe a week or more before telephoning.

I think that they will be very annoyed now that he is on the "Privy Council" and is entitled to the prefix "Right Honourable".

Surely it is plain courtesy and decency to congratulate someone who has won anything no matter how you hate them.

Beau Brummell would have certainly scored them off his little black book of "The right sort of gentlemen."

I wanted to go to that Cheese and Wine party too but off course, my wife had a church meeting on the same night.

God Bless All

randall

:) :) :)
buttercup

Meeting Alex Salmond

Post by buttercup »

My eldest daughter & her friends met him on route to a club (they were quite drunk & called out - Hey Alex you big babe, how you doing)

He chatted away to them for a few mins, the girls done their best to get him to go to the club to show his moves on the dancefloor :wah:

Anyway they all loved him & his humour, at no point did he discuss politics, just had a laugh with him & he went on his way. Fair to say the girls are definate future SNP voters.
buttercup

Meeting Alex Salmond

Post by buttercup »

Girls met him again, this time at the airport on their way to Tenerife. He happily stops & chats to everyone :D

Attached files
gmc

Meeting Alex Salmond

Post by gmc »

buttercup;651928 wrote: Girls met him again, this time at the airport on their way to Tenerife. He happily stops & chats to everyone :D

Well I can see why he would want to stand and chat you up. Ugly gits need to grab every opportunity.:sneaky:

Return to “Scotland”