oh Christmas tree!

The Holiday Forum. Post about upcoming holidays.
lady cop

oh Christmas tree!

Post by lady cop »

do you set one up? is it real or artificial? when i was a kid my Dad would take us all out on a hike to find a tree, we'd sometimes get a couple and tie them together because they didn't look like the perfect ones you see in the tree lots! it was free, it was fun, and it was a great memory! have any tree pics?
Raven

oh Christmas tree!

Post by Raven »

As a matter of fact, I am putting mine up today. (tradition since I moved out from home) Admitted Christmas junky, here!:o
~Quoth the Raven, Nevermore!~
Bez

oh Christmas tree!

Post by Bez »

Small and artificial due to space restraints.

Will go up the first weekend in December and be decorated with much pleasure.....I love decorating the tree.

Doesn't matter how down in the dumps i am, I would never NOT have a tree at Christmas
A smile is a window on your face to show your heart is home
chonsigirl

oh Christmas tree!

Post by chonsigirl »

Alas, a fake tree here. But it will go up this weekend, and the kids will help me decorate it. It will be beautiful.

:)
Imladris

oh Christmas tree!

Post by Imladris »

We used to live in a bigger house and had two trees in different rooms - both real each with it's own theme for decorations.

Now we have a smaller house but last year still had a real tree, but it was hard to choose which set of decorations to use!!

I love the smell of a real tree, don't even mind the hoovering up of needles on a regular basis - it weird how they turn up months later though.

My daughter loves to help with the tree decoration and we feel really Christmassy when it's up.
Originally Posted by spot

She is one fit bitch innit, that Immy

Don't worry; it only seems kinky the first time
Bill Sikes

oh Christmas tree!

Post by Bill Sikes »

lady cop;467157 wrote: do you set one up? is it real or artificial?

Yes, I get a real one, a Norway Spruce if possible - the "no drop" Nordmann fir

is OK but a second choice. They're getting a bit dear, though, these days.
Bill Sikes

oh Christmas tree!

Post by Bill Sikes »

Raven;467160 wrote: As a matter of fact, I am putting mine up today. (tradition since I moved out from home) Admitted Christmas junky, here!:o

I shouldn't like to visit your house, then - it's still *November*. Do you take the

thing down on Christmas Day?
pantsonfire321@aol.com

oh Christmas tree!

Post by pantsonfire321@aol.com »

We've had a fiber optic one for the last three years but before that we always went out and got a real one . Might have a change next year.:)
Can go from 0 - to bitch in 3.0 seconds .:D

Smile people :yh_bigsmi

yep, this bitch bites back .;)
minks

oh Christmas tree!

Post by minks »

Yes gone to a fake small one but still love to take the time to decorate it and the house.

Hey LC we used to live in the country and one year my brother and I thought we were brilliant and hiked out to go find a tree, we found a beauty so we cut it down and took it home and proudly presented it to our parents.

"lovely tree" said my dad "did you get it off the indian reserve, you know we aren't supposed to cut trees in the reserve?"

"yeah we did dad, but how will they know it was us?"

He took us to the back door and pointed to the snow "I think they will just follow your path from the stump to the back door"

They never came for us but we (my brother and I) sure were worried.
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
chonsigirl

oh Christmas tree!

Post by chonsigirl »

:wah: Oh my goodness, that is a great story, minks!
Betty Boop

oh Christmas tree!

Post by Betty Boop »

I have a fake, a huge fake, went a bit mad last year as it was our first christmas away from the humbug ex. Thought a 7ft tree in a sale was a good idea at the time, not quite sure where I'm going to fit it in this year. :wah:
Betty Boop

oh Christmas tree!

Post by Betty Boop »

Pinky;467434 wrote: I have the same problem! It fills up half of my shoebox lounge, hehe!

I have a funny feeling it's going to take up half my dining area, we'll be eating Chritmas Dinner on our laps! It's no good the piano is going to have to go!
cars

oh Christmas tree!

Post by cars »

Years ago, one of our Daughters loved to go out on a cold frosty day with me to help pick out our live Christmas tree! We always looked for & bought the tallest tree on the lot, as we had 18ft high cathredial ceilings. One year, the "Star tree top" on top of the tree actually touched the ceiling. I had to use my 12ft ladder to dress the top, the rest of the family dressed the lower half, it looked beautiful! It was a great time of year! She's grown now, & lives in FL, & always still gets a "live" tree, even thought it costs a fortune. Our other Daughter in New England, puts up a "fake tree", they're like apples & oranges. Last year we put up a fake tree in our FL Villa, this year, after writing this I think it will be real!!! :) Thanks for rekindling the sweet memories LC, I gotta go now I now have blurry eyes!
Cars :)
Marie5656

oh Christmas tree!

Post by Marie5656 »

I have a small ceramic one I put up. Does that count? It lights up.
Nomad

oh Christmas tree!

Post by Nomad »

Just a little fake one. I do like to do the outside up though. I just cant tolerate needles on the floor, what if water leaks through, sap could get on the carpet, its a fire hazard, disposal issues, sharp needles poking me who knows where in the dark, getting ornaments to hang uniformly on the tree can be stressful.

Who wants ornaments that are not horizontally equal not to mention vertical alignment. And the ornaments themselves can be challenging. Do you go for one type throughout the tree ? How much time will I spend in the ornament aisle obsessing about which color ? Which shape ? And if you do opt for variety shouldnt there be a general theme ? Its getting me upset just thinking about it.
I AM AWESOME MAN
guppy

oh Christmas tree!

Post by guppy »

I put mine up yesterday! always do it on the friday after thanksgiving. i take it down on christmas day after all the hoopla. i go back and forth from artificial to a real one. this year i am using the artificial one. :)
Sheryl

oh Christmas tree!

Post by Sheryl »

Nomad;469093 wrote:

Who wants ornaments that are not horizontally equal not to mention vertical alignment. And the ornaments themselves can be challenging. Do you go for one type throughout the tree ? How much time will I spend in the ornament aisle obsessing about which color ? Which shape ? And if you do opt for variety shouldn't there be a general theme ? Its getting me upset just thinking about it.

Your joking right?????? Your not that anal bout alignment of the ornaments?????:-3

Anyways we have a 6 ft fake one. I haven't put it up yet. Not sure where it's gonna go, and I have to wait till Dave has time to crawl up in the attic and dig out the decorations.
"Girls are crazy! I'm not ever getting married, I can make my own sandwiches!"

my son
Nomad

oh Christmas tree!

Post by Nomad »

Your question marks are too close to your confused face.
I AM AWESOME MAN
guppy

oh Christmas tree!

Post by guppy »

Nomad;469093 wrote: Just a little fake one. I do like to do the outside up though. I just cant tolerate needles on the floor, what if water leaks through, sap could get on the carpet, its a fire hazard, disposal issues, sharp needles poking me who knows where in the dark, getting ornaments to hang uniformly on the tree can be stressful.

Who wants ornaments that are not horizontally equal not to mention vertical alignment. And the ornaments themselves can be challenging. Do you go for one type throughout the tree ? How much time will I spend in the ornament aisle obsessing about which color ? Which shape ? And if you do opt for variety shouldnt there be a general theme ? Its getting me upset just thinking about it.

you are kidding , right? step away from the tree before you have stroke nomad.......:D
Chickadee

oh Christmas tree!

Post by Chickadee »

Nomad;469093 wrote: Just a little fake one. I do like to do the outside up though. I just cant tolerate needles on the floor, what if water leaks through, sap could get on the carpet, its a fire hazard, disposal issues, sharp needles poking me who knows where in the dark, getting ornaments to hang uniformly on the tree can be stressful.

Nomad, you're so funny! Reminds me of my dad, rest his soul. He used to torture us with "balance" and "esthetics"....now it's just put every blessed ornament in the house on that tree. Yes, we have a theme...CHRISTMAS! And it might be an artificial tree, but it's a REAL Christmas tree! And every room has to have something that says Christmas - right down to the mud room.
Nomad

oh Christmas tree!

Post by Nomad »

Chickadee;469118 wrote: Nomad, you're so funny! Reminds me of my dad, rest his soul. He used to torture us with "balance" and "esthetics"....now it's just put every blessed ornament in the house on that tree. Yes, we have a theme...CHRISTMAS! And it might be an artificial tree, but it's a REAL Christmas tree! And every room has to have something that says Christmas - right down to the mud room.

But theyre even right ? :-3
I AM AWESOME MAN
Chickadee

oh Christmas tree!

Post by Chickadee »

Nomad;469121 wrote: But theyre even right ? :-3

Well....I like the way they look. Okay, now I've gotta make sure! Let me check.
CARLA

oh Christmas tree!

Post by CARLA »

Nomad I hear mate, I have a fake tree as well. Actually we can't have a real tree in the Apartments to much of a fire danger. The fakes trees have become as good looking as the real ones. :D

[QUOTE]Just a little fake one. I do like to do the outside up though. I just cant tolerate needles on the floor, what if water leaks through, sap could get on the carpet, its a fire hazard, disposal issues, sharp needles poking me who knows where in the dark, getting ornaments to hang uniformly on the tree can be stressful.

Who wants ornaments that are not horizontally equal not to mention vertical alignment. And the ornaments themselves can be challenging. Do you go for one type throughout the tree ? How much time will I spend in the ornament aisle obsessing about which color ? Which shape ? And if you do opt for variety shouldnt there be a general theme ? Its getting me upset just thinking about it.[/QUOTE]
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

lady cop

oh Christmas tree!

Post by lady cop »

the evils of christmas trees....one year i had a branch from my real tree jab me in the eye. for fully 7 years after that, every time i walked into the sunshine my eye would water uncontrollably!! it was miserable! christmas trees are the work of :yh_devil !
CARLA

oh Christmas tree!

Post by CARLA »

:yh_rotfl :yh_rotfl Devil trees...

[QUOTE]the evils of christmas trees....one year i had a branch from my real tree jab me in the eye. for fully 7 years after that, every time i walked into the sunshine my eye would water uncontrollably!! it was miserable! christmas trees are the work of ! [/QUOTE]
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

chonsigirl

oh Christmas tree!

Post by chonsigirl »

Where's Val's poking with a stick smilie.................................:wah:
valerie

oh Christmas tree!

Post by valerie »

Right here:

;)
Tamsen's Dogster Page

http://www.dogster.com/?27525

chonsigirl

oh Christmas tree!

Post by chonsigirl »

:wah: Right on time, Val!
Nomad

oh Christmas tree!

Post by Nomad »

lady cop;469128 wrote: the evils of christmas trees....one year i had a branch from my real tree jab me in the eye. for fully 7 years after that, every time i walked into the sunshine my eye would water uncontrollably!! it was miserable! christmas trees are the work of :yh_devil !

This explains one or two things.
I AM AWESOME MAN
pantsonfire321@aol.com

oh Christmas tree!

Post by pantsonfire321@aol.com »

Never send a man to buy a christmas tree... a few years back i sent him and the kid out to get me a little 3ft tiddler, just something small but real to put in the corner of the room . Well blow me the usless pair bought back a 7ft about 6ft wide monstrosity that he swore black and blue was only 5ft . It not only took up half the bloody room it was only inches from the ceiling and blocked out the whole of the patio doors so you couldn't open or shut the curtains and the cats,, well,,, they had a field day , i had to re-dress that bloody tree every day because we had cats swinging from the branches. ............ MEN!!. :( :thinking:
Can go from 0 - to bitch in 3.0 seconds .:D

Smile people :yh_bigsmi

yep, this bitch bites back .;)
Nomad

oh Christmas tree!

Post by Nomad »

Men are no good.
I AM AWESOME MAN
Sheryl

oh Christmas tree!

Post by Sheryl »

pantsonfire321@aol.com;469205 wrote: Never send a man to buy a Christmas tree... a few years back i sent him and the kid out to get me a little 3ft tiddler, just something small but real to put in the corner of the room . Well blow me the usless pair bought back a 7ft about 6ft wide monstrosity that he swore black and blue was only 5ft . It not only took up half the bloody room it was only inches from the ceiling and blocked out the whole of the patio doors so you couldn't open or shut the curtains and the cats,, well,,, they had a field day , i had to re-dress that bloody tree every day because we had cats swinging from the branches. ............ MEN!!. :( :thinking:

:wah: I totally understand! Especially the cats. I had to pick ours up off the floor more than once. Now it's the kids I have to worry bout keeping out of the tree. :rolleyes:

my son
Sheryl

oh Christmas tree!

Post by Sheryl »

for some reason I'm imagining a tree that looks like cotton candy.. :o

I had a white christmas tree, and I loved to decorate with just red and green bows.

my son
Bez

oh Christmas tree!

Post by Bez »

Pinky;469462 wrote: I saw a pink furry tree today, and I reeeeaaaaaally want it!!

I've seen quite a few Pinky....one was made out of feathers..
Bez

oh Christmas tree!

Post by Bez »

I've decorated mine this weekend....green artificial tree with silver and white decorations and twinkling lights....even though I say it myself, it looks pretty cool.
insanity_clause

oh Christmas tree!

Post by insanity_clause »

not bothered with an xmas tree for 10 years.
lady cop

oh Christmas tree!

Post by lady cop »

Bez, that sounds very pretty!!! bless your Christmas with love.
AussiePam

oh Christmas tree!

Post by AussiePam »

I love Christmas trees. They shed pine needles and were banned in the house I grew up in. But the smell !!! Gonna be tough getting one this year in Australia. The drought means no water for non necessities. Maybe I'll just decorate a gum branch. I've done that before.
"Life is too short to ski with ugly men"

Betty Boop

oh Christmas tree!

Post by Betty Boop »

Pinky;469462 wrote: I saw a pink furry tree today, and I reeeeaaaaaally want it!!

:thinking: I can't get my head round different coloured trees, Trees are meant to be green :p
AussiePam

oh Christmas tree!

Post by AussiePam »

Ain't that the truth, BB. Though I've seen some very white, snowclad trees. Gotta be the real thing, though.
"Life is too short to ski with ugly men"

lady cop

oh Christmas tree!

Post by lady cop »

i love this~~
Betty Boop

oh Christmas tree!

Post by Betty Boop »

AussiePam;475738 wrote: Ain't that the truth, BB. Though I've seen some very white, snowclad trees. Gotta be the real thing, though.

Yep, green trees covered in snow are fine! But pink or even white, just don't 'get' it. :rolleyes:
WonderWendy3

oh Christmas tree!

Post by WonderWendy3 »

funny that I opened this thread up today...been fighting all day to put up the tree or not today...never got around to it. We have had an artificial tree for the last 3 years, but grew up with having real trees, and up to 3 years ago always had real ones. I love the smell of a real tree...We had the tradition of going to a Christmas tree farm as a family and pick out the "perfect tree"...was wonderful...precious memories.
valerie

oh Christmas tree!

Post by valerie »

Here's what I did for hours and hours on Friday...seven and a half foot Noble Fir...seven hundred and twenty five lights...numerous candy canes...

German Shepherd girl-pup at the bottom...priceless!

Attached files
Tamsen's Dogster Page

http://www.dogster.com/?27525

Sheryl

oh Christmas tree!

Post by Sheryl »

:eek: That's one gorgeous tree Valerie!

my son
guppy

oh Christmas tree!

Post by guppy »

that tree is absolutely positively beautiful val. :)

Return to “Holidays”