Out of mind, out of body

Discuss alternative healing (Yoga, Reflexology) and self-help type books for the mind and thoughts for the soul.
capt_buzzard

Out of mind, out of body

Post by capt_buzzard »

Has anyone ever had a near-death experience? Astral Projection also comes to mind, ESP ect?

I had such a near-death experience when I was 12 years old. I had gone swimming in a local river with two mates,when I got caught in some weeds. I remember it so much as if it were yesterday. I was going under the water, being pulled down river. Then this warm feeling came over me, as if I were floating. It was a very beautiful feeling. My mates pulled me out to the bank of the river. But I never forgot it.
koan

Out of mind, out of body

Post by koan »

I haven't had a Near Death Experience but have had OBE (out of body). I find the topic quite fascinating. I worked with the widow of Peter Hurkos, whom The Dead Zone was based on. He came back with the power of psychometry and other psychic abilities. The stories are amazing.
Agnes

Out of mind, out of body

Post by Agnes »

it happens to the best, until you live to tell.
I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it. :yh_beatup
Bullet

Out of mind, out of body

Post by Bullet »

Sheeee's baaaaaaaaack :yh_cry
Death is more universal than life. For although everyone dies, not everyone truly lives.
koan

Out of mind, out of body

Post by koan »

Bullet wrote: Sheeee's baaaaaaaaack :yh_cry
:confused:
Bullet

Out of mind, out of body

Post by Bullet »

koan wrote: :confused:Look at her posts all over. It's Paula re-incarnated.
Death is more universal than life. For although everyone dies, not everyone truly lives.
koan

Out of mind, out of body

Post by koan »

Bullet wrote: Look at her posts all over. It's Paula re-incarnated.
Sounds to me like your duck hunting. Bullet, put the gun doooooowwn.
Bullet

Out of mind, out of body

Post by Bullet »

koan wrote: Sounds to me like your duck hunting. Bullet, put the gun doooooowwn.Same jumble of non-coherent jibberish. Mark my words, it's her under a different name. Come back to haunt us. But I'll be quiet, let it go, won't here a peep out of me....nope.:lips:
alobar51

Out of mind, out of body

Post by alobar51 »

koan wrote: I haven't had a Near Death Experience but have had OBE (out of body). I find the topic quite fascinating. I worked with the widow of Peter Hurkos, whom The Dead Zone was based on. He came back with the power of psychometry and other psychic abilities. The stories are amazing.

I've had OBE's since about the age of 3. Pretty much kept them to myself, because when I'd try to describe them to people, I'd get looks like I had 3 heads.

I've met a couple of Taoist adepts who've steered me towards the physics that can explain the phenomena. I'm not troubled by it anymore, now that I understand it.

>>>near death exp...

At 16, experienced what electricians call "taking volts", about 440 of them, to be exact.

Lasted maybe 1-2 seconds, pitched me about 10 feet. Time definitely slowed. I remember having very coherent thoughts, realized what was happening,("Oh, I'm being electrocuted", I remember that thought, specifically) and thinking how disappointed my parents would be to hear of my death. I remember my thoughts being quite matter of fact, and not all that emotional, other than, gee, that's too bad.

The following school year, I read a short story by Ambrose Bierce, called An Occurance at Owl Creek Bridge, which recounted the thoughts of a Civil War spy as he was being hung, while he was dropping. The story reasonated powerfully, because the author got it very close to what my own experience was.

Return to “Body, Mind, Soul”