Ohio State Vs. Michigan 2006

Discuss all types of sports.
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

The time has come again when these two powerhouses meet once in a year, but what makes this game such an anticipated rivalry is that more times than not, each of these teams has the chance to decide the fate of not only themselves, but for the opposing team as well. What makes a great rivalry is not only carrying over the disgust of losing to the other from years prior, but for the passion that goes into each of these games because both teams are looking to secure dominance over the entire nation, not just in their division. Time and time again we see Ohio State and Michigan play each other, only for the end result be devastating to the team that lost because they were riding on National Title dreams, and an honor they covet, to be called the best at what they love to do,..which is play football.

This rivalry has been at the top of the list for many college football enthusiasts for many years, but this year in 2006 marks the first year that these two schools meet head to head ranked #1 and #2 in the country. They both have alot at stake, and they both know that this game determines their fate to end up with it all,..or end up with nothing but another ride to a BCS title game that is in mere shadow of that of the one held in Arizona,..a state Ohio State has been familiar with for the past five years running.

Many speculate that the Ohio State- Michigan game of 2006, which will be held next week, will generate more enthusiasm than the upcoming 2007 NFL Superbowl,..an event that holds more than it's own weight in anticipation. So too, do many feel that these two teams are rightfully the best teams in the nation, and upon being in the same division as well as each team having to play each other in the regular season, would without a doubt play each other in the National Championship game in January of 2007 if each of Ohio State and Michigan wouldn't inevitably render a loss as a result of this weeks game, ending ones contention for supremacy, not only in the division,..but in the world of College sports.

But that's what makes it such a great rivalry. These teams year in and year out hold the fate of their own destiny. They hold the fate of the others' destiny...They love to squander the others hopes when they have no real shot at the National Championship, stemming from bad blood,..from the sheer atmosphere of the fans, and from what has been embedded in their heads from the moment they walked into their school,..whether it was under the banner of Scarlet and grey, or Blue and Gold...these teams have been geared up from that very first step they had taken on the field to every moment leading up to this rivalry we all call a game, to do one thing. Win!

This is going to be the greatest Ohio State Vs. Michigan game in the history of College football...It spells out where these teams have come and where they can go...It nullifies all previous encounters, and it all comes down to one game...a game of who wants it more...a game of who will be the best going into a game that states that very same fact...A game that will be remembered in the hearts of every Michigan/Ohio State fan,..if not,..By all of sports fans world wide.

Go Ohio State!
LilacDragon

Post by LilacDragon »

K.Snyder;461976 wrote:

Go Ohio State!

Interesting. Very Interesting. :-6
Sandi

K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

LilacDragon;461982 wrote: Interesting. Very Interesting. :-6

You have to admit...this may very well be the best game these two teams have ever played...

One of these two teams will go to the National Title game...

Both are ranked #1 and #2 in the nation...

Both have alot to lose and everything to gain...

and yes...

Go Ohio State! :wah:

;)
LilacDragon

Post by LilacDragon »

Well, darling, I am ffffaaaarrrr from a sports fan but this is one game that I plan to watch!

I am glad that you are holding out hope that Ohio might actually beat the Mighty Maize and Blue. :D
Sandi

K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

G

O

O

H

I

O

S

T

A

T

E

!

Attached files
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

I forgot to add that My brother is a die hard Michigan fan, and I am a die hard Ohio State fan.

We will be going up to a bar that plays the game and everyone there is an Ohio State fan, with the exception of my brother and maybe a few stragglers here and there, but for the most part all you see in there is Scarlet and grey...

We will be getting hammered and smashed before the game even starts...sometimes we all start drinking in the mornings when the game is at 12:00 noon.

25 cents a beer during the game...

Designated drivers are a ritual...:wah:
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

LilacDragon;461987 wrote:

I am glad that you are holding out hope that Ohio might actually beat the Mighty Maize and Blue. :D

Well, we are ranked #1

While,

Michigan is ranked #2. :wah: ;)
LilacDragon

Post by LilacDragon »

K.Snyder;462002 wrote: Well, we are ranked #1

While,

Michigan is ranked #2. :wah: ;)

Don't worry. It is only Friday - so you can keep your number one ranking for another day. :wah:
Sandi

K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

LilacDragon;462005 wrote: Don't worry. It is only Friday - so you can keep your number one ranking for another day. :wah:

You have no idea how mad I will be if we lose...

Furious.
LilacDragon

Post by LilacDragon »

K.Snyder;462007 wrote: You have no idea how mad I will be if we lose...

Furious.

Honey - it is only a football game. :-3 The world will continue to rotate on it's proper axis when you lose.
Sandi

NefariousSaint

Post by NefariousSaint »

This is a list I made up for at a sports forum that I frequent.

---------

My final on this is 27 - 17 OSU.

Major factors for me in this, and always have been, are Michigan's lack of a true # 2 corner with experience, special teams, Michigan's predictable offensive play calling.

Keys for Michigan in this game if they want a shot........

1 No turnovers on their side of the field or the redzone. I've watched OSU several times this year and teams have been shooting themselves in the foot only to have OSU quickly turn the mistake into a score.

2 Get burnt by more than 2 big plays thru the air. They go over the top to Ginn or Gonzo for 40 + and a score then they'll be playing catch up all game.

3 Let Smith run the ball on scrambles. This is one thing that I think Michigan can manage to do but I hope they don't focus on it so much that #2 happens. OSU fans can sit here all day long and believe that "Smith is going up against the same D that he already ran over" but it's simply not the case. They had position changes, everyone hit the weight room and became leaner and Branch has risen into a star. They've faced a couple scramblers already this year, although not as talented as Smith, and they didn't make any impression on the game.

4 No missed/blocked FG/XP's, no blocked/muffed punts. Rivas has a linedrive for a kick and even though he's accurate you can guarantee since Tres loves ST's that he practiced blocking kicks during the week. Punt/punt returns....anything goes wrong on these and it will cost them dearly....field position/TO/OSU Score.

5 No slacking off. Play 60 minutes. Put them away if you have the lead at the end of the game with pressure and don't give up the easy score before half. They have a habit of playing off the ball in these situations and it drives me nuts.

6 Mix up the playcalling more. I don't know if he was saving it or not, before the ND game I was disgusted with the playcalling and they opened it up for that game, but DeBord has a way of making me angry. Run, run, run, run, run, slant, run, run, screen, run, run, run, slant, run..............Throw the ball down the field. Manningham has speed. Arrington heighth and leaping ability. Breaston has the quickness. Use what they have to make the passing game more effective and open up more holes for Hart. Please.

If they do all of these then they have a shot at the upset. If they don't then it's gonna be the waiting game again. I personally think it's to much to ask which is why I have the prediction at 27-17. I think they get burned at least once over the top (opposite side Hall)......have a TO in a bad spot.....something happens in ST's whether it be in the kicking game or giving up a return....... they open up the offense but not until they are already down.

I hope I am dead wrong about this but if I'm not....as long as they keep it competetive for all 4 quarters I'll be happy. They went 7-5 last year and most people never gave them the chance to be here. Hell I had them at 8-9 wins at the most including the bowl game. A trip to the Rose Bowl isn't a bad consolation prize if you ask me.
zinkyusa

Post by zinkyusa »

LilacDragon;462008 wrote: Honey - it is only a football game. :-3 The world will continue to rotate on it's proper axis when you lose.

sacrilege, someone prepare a stake to burn this woman..;)

i predict the Michigan D will hold OSU to 14 points and the Wolverines will win..
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.
LilacDragon

Post by LilacDragon »

zinkyusa;462431 wrote: sacrilege, someone prepare a stake to burn this woman..;)

i predict the Michigan D will hold OSU to 14 points and the Wolverines will win..

I was kind of kidding but I think I upset Mr. Snyder. :-1
Sandi

K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

LilacDragon;462610 wrote: I was kind of kidding but I think I upset Mr. Snyder. :-1

No...

I know you were kidding,...but I also know you want your team to win...I understand a fans perspective...

I don't get upset at joking around...If I did, I would tell you about it. :yh_kiss
lester88

Post by lester88 »

Go Ohio State...even though I am a Terps fan :)
zinkyusa

Post by zinkyusa »

lester88;462679 wrote: Go Ohio State...even though I am a Terps fan :)

Me to, I'm watching them play Michigan State later tonite..:D
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

Oh my god that games was insane!

I have finally mustered up enough energy to come back and post on what was probably the best game in the entire history of college football(because One happened to be my favorite, I will accept that as a mere opinion -- but anyone who had seen it had to rank it up there with the best of all time...no doubt)...

Ohio State went on to win a game(42-39) they controlled after tying the ball game at 7-7 after both teams' first possession, but Michigan was by no means out of it for the entire game...It was a battle to be remembered, and because it was such a good game, many are speculating that Michigan may have a chance at a rematch for the National Title game on January 8th...

I was out from the early afternoon, on to late that evening drinking, and I am paying the price for it...

I had a blast though...

I about got kicked out of the last bar we went to for screaming, but it was a riot...

Drinking all night and then ending it with alot of rounds of Vodka isn't going to make you feel any better the day after that's for sure...

I've felt worse so I have to say I had a good time.

Return to “Wide World of Sports”