New England weather is bad!

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
cars

Post by cars »

Some of my former co-workers in New England emailed me today, telling me how brutal the SNOW blizzard was that they got there yesterday & today! Confirming for me how lucky I am to be here in 87 degree sunny Florida!! They had to shovel their cars out last night to get a jump start on the SNOW, & continue shoveling first thing this morning! Then they had to "commute" to work in the SNOW taking over two and a half times the normal driving time! Man oh man, I sure don't miss that! I emailed them back (rubbing it in) telling them we were going to the beach today, it's a different world here! Well, when they get to retire they can elect to do the same thing! :-6

Cars :driving:
Cars :)
lady cop

Post by lady cop »

hey Cars! i lived in Mass. for years, at least we didn't have THIS!! LOL :eek: Trappers Catch Two Gators In Kendall Canal

KENDALL, Fla. (AP) -- Gator breeding season has arrived.

That's word from alligator trapper Todd Hardwick.

Two gators were pulled yesterday from a canal in Kendall. One was eleven feet long.

Large male alligators move from the water in search of females during the mating season. This is when gators are seen crossing the road or found in unusual places other than in the water.

Hardwick notes that the state has a program to get rid of gators and advises residents not to take matters into their own hands if they see one in their backyard.

Just last week, an eight-foot-nine-inch alligator was captured and killed.

Officials say an autopsy determined that truck driver Don Owen was killed by an alligator. His forearm was found in the gators' stomach.

Wildlife commission officials say residents had fed the alligator, which is illegal and extremely dangerous.

from WSVN news, Miami

Paula

Post by Paula »

the 19th. storm here, we have had it. The only good thing for us is the business we receive from the towns. We sell tons of road sand, they keep calling. Our road sand this year as to be at least 15,000 tons. BUt our construction jobs are at a stand still, you cannot imagine how the weather affects us as business people. LC, stop teasing us about Florida and its animals. :wah:
Everyone has these on their face? TULIPS.
Bullet

Post by Bullet »

:yh_loser ...
Death is more universal than life. For although everyone dies, not everyone truly lives.
Paula

Post by Paula »

In the dirt business you RECYCLE a lot of dirt, we have achieved this year an astounding income of 500 thousand Plus due to STORMY TIMEs....YES. we lika the bucks....give me more. :p
Everyone has these on their face? TULIPS.
Bullet

Post by Bullet »

:yh_money ....
Death is more universal than life. For although everyone dies, not everyone truly lives.
cars

Post by cars »

Posted by LC: hey Cars! i lived in Mass. for years, at least we didn't have THIS!!

LOL Trappers Catch Two Gators In Kendall Canal

KENDALL, Fla. (AP) -- Gator breeding season has arrived.

That's word from alligator trapper Todd Hardwick.

Two gators were pulled yesterday from a canal in Kendall. One was eleven feet long.

Large male alligators move from the water in search of females during the mating season. This is when gators are seen crossing the road or found in unusual places other than in the water.

Hardwick notes that the state has a program to get rid of gators and advises residents not to take matters into their own hands if they see one in their backyard.

Just last week, an eight-foot-nine-inch alligator was captured and killed.

Officials say an autopsy determined that truck driver Don Owen was killed by an alligator. His forearm was found in the gators' stomach.

Wildlife commission officials say residents had fed the alligator, which is illegal and extremely dangerous.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

THAT'S WHY I CHOOSE NOT TO LIVE NEAR A CANAL!!!! :wah:

lady cop

Post by lady cop »

You play golf? they're in the water traps!! :wah: ...so where did you have lunch?
cars

Post by cars »

Posted by LC: You play golf? they're in the water traps!! ...so where did you have lunch?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

No water traps at 'Miniature" Golf courses!

Conchy Joe's Seafood house in Jensen Beach!! Beautiful water view, & great "fresh" Seafood! :)

David813

Post by David813 »

Go ahead and call me crazy New Englanders but I envy your weather! I love all 4 seasons and for the 3rd or 4th year in a row KC has had unseasonably warm weather. I'm not a global warming fetishist but I recall the 70's & early 80's here being VERY winterlike. The occurance of winter weather more common in north Texas and Oklahoma is more frequent. That being ice storms. The area has spent a fortune in repairing damage from 2 unusually heavy icestorms over the last couple years. Non-native trees like pears and other softwoods have been decimated. In a nutshell KC HAS BEEN CHEATED!! I WANT 15 INCHES OF SNOW NOW!!!!!
"Should any political party attempt to abolish social security, unemployment insurance, and eliminate labor laws and farm programs, you would not hear of that party again in our political history. There is a tiny splinter group that believes you can do these things. Among them are a few Texas millionaires, or businessman from other areas. Their number is negligible and they are stupid." [font=Arial Narrow][/font]

President Dwight D. Eisenhower Nov. 08, 1954
cars

Post by cars »

Posted by David813:

In a nutshell KC HAS BEEN CHEATED!! I WANT 15 INCHES OF SNOW NOW!!!!!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

With all the termoil weather around the country, & even the world, you may just get your wish!!! :guitarist

David813

Post by David813 »

I really hope so! Just a huge snowstorm over a weekend is all I ask. I think we'll have an especially wicked spring storm season. That's fine. What I hate is the 100 degree summer days with 80% humidity! I wish I were in Maine!!
"Should any political party attempt to abolish social security, unemployment insurance, and eliminate labor laws and farm programs, you would not hear of that party again in our political history. There is a tiny splinter group that believes you can do these things. Among them are a few Texas millionaires, or businessman from other areas. Their number is negligible and they are stupid." [font=Arial Narrow][/font]

President Dwight D. Eisenhower Nov. 08, 1954
greydeadhead

Post by greydeadhead »

Awwwwwww.. phoeey on all of ya. Only reason them downstaters get all freaked out about snow is they don't know how to handle it. They don't have anywhere to put it and shure don't know how to drive in it.. they think that 4WD is designed to allow them to drive 75mph in the snow.. little do they realize that it just helps them find the snowbanks faster ..bwahahahahahaha....

Hell.. we have had 4+ feet this month and it has been incredible.. great.. freaking awesome skiing and riding.. little bit of shoveling and away you go.. or if you are smart.. you fire up the snowblower do it in half the time and fly for the mountain to bounce thru big powder bumps .. life is good....
Feed your spirit by living near it -- Magic Hat Brewery bottle cap

Return to “General Chit Chat”