what is wrong with these females??~or~murderers need love too

lady cop

Post by lady cop »

Scott Peterson Attracting Female FansWednesday, March 23, 2005

By Chris Erikson

NEW YORK — Scott Peterson has been called many things since he was convicted of murdering his wife and unborn child last week.

A liar. A murderer. A sociopath.

A total babe?

Admirers started coming out of the woodwork — and posting love notes on various Web blogs — even before the 32-year-old killer landed on San Quentin Prison's death row last week.

A prison spokesman said San Quentin received dozens of calls, letters and even two marriage proposals for Peterson.

Surprised? You shouldn't be.

The average woman probably wouldn't list depraved indifference to life and a death-row address in her "turn-ons" column, but there's a strange and dogged group of women who do, guaranteeing the country's most notorious killers a supply of eager pen-pal paramours.

"It's so classic," said Cliff Linedecker, a true-crime writer who wrote the book "Prison Groupies" about women smitten by killers. "The more notorious they are, the more groupies they tend to attract."

Peterson promises to bring women out in force, said Linedecker, because of his clean-cut good looks and the nature of his crime.

"They especially like wife-killers," he said. "It adds to the thrill."

Richard Ramirez , a Satanist on death row for a shockingly brutal string of rapes, murders and mutilations, "had women falling all over him," even fighting one another for his attentions, said Linedecker. (In 1996, Ramirez married a 41-year-old magazine editor.)

Even John Wayne Gacy), "a very unattractive guy — and a homosexual, too, which you'd think might be a deterrent — had all kinds of women after him," Linedecker said.

"Preppie Killer" Robert Chambers had to be transferred to another prison because so many aspiring girlfriends were smuggling him contraband — and when he was released last year, one was waiting for him.

Tracy Lamourie of the Canadian Coalition Against the Death Penalty, which runs a where death-row prisoners solicit pen pals, said many who write are women looking for relationships.

Numerous love affairs — and two actual weddings have resulted, said Lamourie, who adds that her group has received a number of e-mails from women who want to contact Peterson.

Why would any woman go out of her way to form a relationship with a convicted killer?

"It's very complicated," said Sheila Isenberg, author of the book "Women Who Love Men Who Kill."

One reason is the notoriety. Killers may be famous for doing stomach-turning things, but they're famous nonetheless.

"If you want to get together with a celebrity, Brad Pitt won't answer your letters, but Scott Peterson might well," she said.

Another appeal of a death-row inmate is that he has a lot of time on his hands to write poetry and love letters.

Plus, Isenberg says, violence holds an allure in our society — "and who's the most macho man of all? Well, he's the one who did the murder. And if it's a particularly heinous murder, then he's even more macho. And people are attracted to that in some strange way."

Other killer groupies have savior complexes. Linedecker relates the tale of a young woman from a Christian church group — "a real innocent" — who started a relationship with a convicted killer in California. When they met at a motel after his release, he raped her and cut her legs off!

But the most important factor, Isenberg concluded, is that these women are almost all victims of abuse, and they're attracted to the control offered by a relationship with a man behind bars.

"It's basically a safe relationship, and she has control of it," Isenberg said. And a death-row inmate "has very limited interaction with the world, so she's going to be even more in control."

Karen Richey — a 41-year-old grandmother from Glasgow, Scotland, who has been in love with a man on Ohio's death row since 1988 — says not every romance with an inmate is the result of a jailbird fetish.

"I thought I could be a friend to someone who I was sure was going to die," she told The Post from Glasgow. "We wrote back and forth. Little by little, we fell in love."

Her fiance, Kenny Richey (whose name she's taken), now stands to be a free man after the recent overturning of his arson conviction for a blaze that killed a 2-year-old girl in 1986.

Unlike Peterson, Karen's man is no death-row Don Juan.

"His teeth are falling out. He's got diabetes. I can't explain it. I know you'll probably hear from some of these women who say, 'My guy is innocent because he's so gorgeous and he told me he didn't do it.' I'm not one of those people. I checked him out. And I was right."
CARLA

Post by CARLA »

LADYCOP,

These ladies just don't get it... They are just as strange and the men they are admiring on DEATH ROW.. Just a twist, strange and totally bizarre behavior.. :mad:
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

BabyRider

Post by BabyRider »

Oh gee, what a shock...most of these women are victims of abuse. Well stop the world, I wanna get off. I have zero patience or tolerance for stupid, helpless losers like these "women". I use that term VERY loosely, because to me they are nothing but brainless sheep. I cannot and will never understand this. They all give even PASSINGLY intelligent women a bad name. And this "He is 'cute'" garbage??? Where the **** does that come from? The man is a psycho baby-killing freak and liar, I look at him and I see dog leavings, not "cute." Friggin' maggot. I'd give an arm or 5 years of my life to watch them stick the needle in his arm.

(oops...did I say that out loud....?)
[FONT=Arial Black]I hope you cherish this sweet way of life, and I hope you know that it comes with a price.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

Bullet's trial was a farce. Can I get an AMEN?????

We won't be punished for our sins, but BY them.

Der Wulf

Post by Der Wulf »

Methinks y'all miss the point. Lotsa gals like to flirt with danger, they end up in an abusive relationship with a "bad boy" who ultimately ruins their life. This is the thinking womans version, --an officially certified bad boy who can't hurt them physically, they can associate with scum, and glory in the sympathy over their plight. All with the comfort and convience of their own pre caged bad boy,--by god he won't be running out on her :D
Old age and treachery, is an acceptable response to overwelming youth and skill :D
David813

Post by David813 »

Bizarre. I remember back in the late 80's or early 90's when Madonna was at an LA jail bailing out Sean Penn for whatever he did that week that she was entranced by Richard Ramirez, the brutal Zodiac Killer. Reportedly she teased a corrections officer about paying to have some "private time" with him. Truly sickening. Imagine how a victim's family would feel.
"Should any political party attempt to abolish social security, unemployment insurance, and eliminate labor laws and farm programs, you would not hear of that party again in our political history. There is a tiny splinter group that believes you can do these things. Among them are a few Texas millionaires, or businessman from other areas. Their number is negligible and they are stupid." [font=Arial Narrow][/font]

President Dwight D. Eisenhower Nov. 08, 1954
lady cop

Post by lady cop »

does anyone recall danny rolling, who is long overdue on florida death row? the gainesville ripper, butchered 5 college kids. beheaded one girl. well he had this butt-ugly slut camp follower named sondra london who followed him to court and visited him, he even sang to her in open court, it was nauseating. :yh_sick turns out she wanted the rights to a book about him, but she was all over the media promoting his "art" and proclaiming herself his "fiance". that is one female i would gladly beat the living hell :yh_femfig out of, she caused so much PAIN to the parents of those poor mutilated kids. you can probably find this human dung beetle on the web somewhere.
Lon

Post by Lon »

I don't get it. Remember the two brothers that killed their parents a few years ago (cant remember their names). The oldest one carried on a correspondence with some prettty attrative lady and they got married while he is in the can. Guys in the pokey seem to turn some gals on.

Melendez brothers?????
lady cop

Post by lady cop »

Lon wrote: I don't get it. Remember the two brothers that killed their parents a few years ago (cant remember their names). The oldest one carried on a correspondence with some prettty attractive lady and they got married while he is in the can. Guys in the pokey seem to turn some gals on.that was the menendez brothers, blew away mommy and daddy with shotguns (very messy) and spent about a mil $$$ in the weeks before they were charged. then they whined they were indigent orphans.
anastrophe

Post by anastrophe »

lady cop wrote:

"It's very complicated," said Sheila Isenberg, author of the book "Women Who Love Men Who Kill."

my next book: "women who love men who kill, and the women who write about them".
[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][/FONT]
lady cop

Post by lady cop »

anastrophe wrote: my next book: "women who love men who kill, and the women who write about them". i want an advance copy! with autograph! and i will write the companion volume, "inmates who screw moronic females out of money for canteen by professing undying love".
anastrophe

Post by anastrophe »

David813 wrote: Bizarre. I remember back in the late 80's or early 90's when Madonna was at an LA jail bailing out Sean Penn for whatever he did that week that she was entranced by Richard Ramirez, the brutal Zodiac Killer. Reportedly she teased a corrections officer about paying to have some "private time" with him. Truly sickening. Imagine how a victim's family would feel.
richard ramirez wasn't the Zodiac Killer. two very different cases, ramirez LA, zodiac SF bay area, ramirez in the 1980's, zodiac 1960's and on into the 1970's, ramirez caught and in prison, zodiac never solved.
anastrophe

Post by anastrophe »

lady cop wrote: i want an advance copy! with autograph! and i will write the companion volume, "inmates who screw moronic females out of money for canteen by professing undying love".
...and the guards who guard them!
lady cop

Post by lady cop »

anastrophe wrote: ...and the guards who guard them!now there's a thankless miserable job. i have done corrections, it's hell.
Paula

Post by Paula »

Just Look up San Quentin all the info is there. Photos of the prison & yes Scott Petersons address. I wanted to view the prison and found more than i expected. There is also on-line chat with prisoners? When i told my husband he said, oh no you are not going to write or call there are you, i said NO. :lips:
Everyone has these on their face? TULIPS.
persephone

Post by persephone »

Tracy Lamourie of the Canadian Coalition Against the Death Penalty, I think says it all... It's a total sense of control thing, the women are free and the men just ain't going anywhere or sleeping with another woman behind your back (guess they ignore the other possibility).

Often wonder if it's a rapist (for example) whether it's a fantasy thing, but a safe one because they think there will never be a chance for the inmate to do the same to them... I realise some may not get my thinking there, I guess "it's dangerous but safe at the same time" sums up what I mean.
Bad Girls have very high standards, but they love you even if you sometimes fall short.
along-for-the-ride

Post by along-for-the-ride »

...and all these women are doing is feeding his ego. Since he has nothing else to do and has alot of time on his hands until he is finally punished, he will "eat it up" and respond. These women are living in a fantasy world and that is so sad. :(
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
David813

Post by David813 »

anastrophe wrote: richard ramirez wasn't the Zodiac Killer. two very different cases, ramirez LA, zodiac SF bay area, ramirez in the 1980's, zodiac 1960's and on into the 1970's, ramirez caught and in prison, zodiac never solved.

My mistake. And I read a book about Ramirez just a few years ago! Senility at 41. Sigh....
"Should any political party attempt to abolish social security, unemployment insurance, and eliminate labor laws and farm programs, you would not hear of that party again in our political history. There is a tiny splinter group that believes you can do these things. Among them are a few Texas millionaires, or businessman from other areas. Their number is negligible and they are stupid." [font=Arial Narrow][/font]

President Dwight D. Eisenhower Nov. 08, 1954

Return to “Crimes Trials”