one of ours

lady cop

one of ours

Post by lady cop »

was hosting his own 21st birthday party. he'd been a deputy for only a year. so he decided to show off his gun to his friends...he put it to his head and pulled the trigger. he blew his brains out in front of all his horrified friends. i am so sad, and angry too! he should have known better! always assume there's one in the chamber. i don't even clean my guns unless i break them down first. so again, our flag is at half-mast. what a needless waste!! a life and career ahead. :-1 gone in a heartbeat.
minks

one of ours

Post by minks »

lady cop;451536 wrote: was hosting his own 21st birthday party. he'd been a deputy for only a year. so he decided to show off his gun to his friends...he put it to his head and pulled the trigger. he blew his brains out in front of all his horrified friends. i am so sad, and angry too! he should have known better! always assume there's one in the chamber. i don't even clean my guns unless i break them down first. so again, our flag is at half-mast. what a needless waste!! a life and career ahead. :-1 gone in a heartbeat.

OMG how can you not be angry with his stupidity such a senseless loss.
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
zinkyusa

one of ours

Post by zinkyusa »

lady cop;451536 wrote: was hosting his own 21st birthday party. he'd been a deputy for only a year. so he decided to show off his gun to his friends...he put it to his head and pulled the trigger. he blew his brains out in front of all his horrified friends. i am so sad, and angry too! he should have known better! always assume there's one in the chamber. i don't even clean my guns unless i break them down first. so again, our flag is at half-mast. what a needless waste!! a life and career ahead. :-1 gone in a heartbeat.

Sorry to hear that..was this an accident then?
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.
buttercup

one of ours

Post by buttercup »

i should imagine many people will be traumatized for years over this, im pretty annoyed at how selfish he was to do that in front of all those people who loved him :mad: in saying that im also very sorry for your loss LC
lady cop

one of ours

Post by lady cop »

zinkyusa;451541 wrote: Sorry to hear that..was this an accident then?
he had no clue it was loaded. but he should have. he could have aimed it at the TV or something. no , it was not intentional.
guppy

one of ours

Post by guppy »

i am so sorry for your loss lc. my heart goes out to the man's family as well.
zinkyusa

one of ours

Post by zinkyusa »

lady cop;451547 wrote: he had no clue it was loaded. but he should have. he could have aimed it at the TV or something. no , it was not intentional.

oh man, that is a tough way to go, sorry.
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.
buttercup

one of ours

Post by buttercup »

lady cop;451547 wrote: he had no clue it was loaded. but he should have. he could have aimed it at the TV or something. no , it was not intentional.

oops, retracts last statement of mine, i read it as he had done it deliberate
lady cop

one of ours

Post by lady cop »

i KNOW the firearms training he got at our academy. safety is #1 at all times. the whole dept. is in absolute shock. just a kid really. i feel so for his parents.
fisher

one of ours

Post by fisher »

lady cop;451556 wrote: i KNOW the firearms training he got at our academy. safety is #1 at all times. the whole dept. is in absolute shock. just a kid really. i feel so for his parents.
This is so sad. Hard to believe he would do this with the training that he has had. I am not a cop but I am a hunter and I have had training in gun safety. I would never point a gun and anything I don't intend to shoot.
A witch will get a better grip on the broom if she is without panties!
lady cop

one of ours

Post by lady cop »

you're correct Fisher...i learned that as a kid! i hate to say this, but i can't help wondering if alcohol was involved.
Imladris

one of ours

Post by Imladris »

I'm so sorry for you and your colleagues, such a waste.

About 16 years ago a girl I knew who was the same age as your colleague killed herself with her father's shotgun. She was a police officer who was under immense pressure as she'd just passed her sergeant's exams with one of the highest scores in the country. She was given some great career choices but felt that too much was expected of her at such a young age and couldn't cope. I went to her funeral and the church and the churchyard was full of uniformed officers, very moving.

I've also lost friends young through illness which is hard enough to cope with but when it's suicide or sheer stupidity it's so hard to understand. When you see so many people fighting losing battles to stay alive then see others throw their life away it makes me angry.

Sorry for the rant. I really do feel for your loss, what a waste.
Originally Posted by spot

She is one fit bitch innit, that Immy

Don't worry; it only seems kinky the first time
Rapunzel

one of ours

Post by Rapunzel »

How horrible that such a silly prank should backfire in such a dreadful way!

You must all be so gutted LC, my heart goes out to you and all your colleagues and this poor young man's family as well! :-1
lady cop

one of ours

Post by lady cop »

thankyou...that is a tragic story....i have been to too many cop funerals.

one of ours

Post by 911 »

I'm sorry for your departments' loss and for his family.

The same thing happened in a neighboring city. It was at a safety class they were holding and the instructor shot another officer and killed him. Same situation-thought it was empty. :-5
When choosing between two evils, I always like to take the one I've never tried before.

Mae West
Bill Sikes

one of ours

Post by Bill Sikes »

lady cop;451547 wrote: he had no clue it was loaded. but he should have.

Hell's teeth. Isn't that the first rule with guns? Always assume they're loaded? The next being never, ever, point them at people (I know that the case in some situations is different, I'm referring to "ordinary" situations)?

Edit: Dreadful business BTW. Edit: Sympathies to the others involved.
Peg

one of ours

Post by Peg »

How sad. It goes to show it only takes a second for lives to change dramatically. It would be hard enough to deal with a friend's death, but to see them die so needlessly in front of you would just be mind boggling. I hope his friends, family, and colleagues can find some peace.
cherandbuster

one of ours

Post by cherandbuster »

Peg;451606 wrote: I hope his friends, family, and colleagues can find some peace.

Right

After the years of therapy they'll need :-1
Live Life with

PASSION
!:guitarist

lady cop

one of ours

Post by lady cop »

i can't stop thinking about this....once we were all on the range, guns hot at low ready. some recruit used the gun at that point to scratch her armpit. well we laughed for days, thought it was hilarious. but she was ordered off the range and never got certified to be a cop. the LT. in charge is a hardass, and needs to be. so i still don't know how this kid did what he did. :(
cherandbuster

one of ours

Post by cherandbuster »

lady cop;451728 wrote: i can't stop thinking about this....once we were all on the range, guns hot at low ready. some recruit used the gun at that point to scratch her armpit. well we laughed for days, thought it was hilarious. but she was ordered off the range and never got certified to be a cop. the LT. in charge is a hardass, and needs to be. so i still don't know how this kid did what he did. :(

Hi LC :)

I remember you and I talking about this recently

It's hard to get it out of your head, isn't it? :-1
Live Life with

PASSION
!:guitarist

Return to “Gun Control”