Have you ever been depressed?

YEP :-1 And yes it does suck ;)
Can go from 0 - to bitch in 3.0 seconds .:D

Smile people :yh_bigsmi

yep, this bitch bites back .;)
Betty Boop

Depression

Post by Betty Boop »

Keep your chin up! Half the battle is recognising it, so well done!

You know we're here if you want us! :-4
Marie5656

Depression

Post by Marie5656 »

Been there. Not a happy place to be.
zinkyusa

Depression

Post by zinkyusa »

Yep, I have struggled with major depression and PTSD most of I adult life. I am on medication and have had years of therapy. Both have saved my life. Go see a professional asap and keep talking to people. Remember when you are alone you are behind enemy lines.;)
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.
Wolverine

Depression

Post by Wolverine »

tmbsgrl;451332 wrote: I think I am there again- Struggling sucks.. :-1

it's tough. some days are worse than others. from someone who's been there more than to the bathroom, remember that the people in your live love you. they wouldn't be here if they didn't. and if you ever need anything, ANYTHING at all, call up your favorite furrball. :D

Get your mind out of the gutter - it's blocking my view

Mind like a steel trap - Rusty and Illegal in 37 states.

Wolverine

Depression

Post by Wolverine »

Hamster;451341 wrote: Yep....for quite a while...

see??? just the thought of moving in with him has ya all flustered.

Get your mind out of the gutter - it's blocking my view

Mind like a steel trap - Rusty and Illegal in 37 states.

minks

Depression

Post by minks »

Yes, tis no fun, go to the DR as soon as you can, the meds do help even if you don't like pills, they just make the days tolerable, you need to break the cycle.

Huggs hunny
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
cherandbuster

Depression

Post by cherandbuster »

Hello my dear friend Susie :-4

It's amazing how many people I love and respect here have been through a similar experience. I've been on Lexapro for four years now and it makes me feel better.

Please listen to all the good advice from your friends in the Garden, as you know we truly care.

And Susie

Let us know how things are going :-6

Your friend, Cher :)
Live Life with

PASSION
!:guitarist

Raven

Depression

Post by Raven »

Yep. To the point i considered driving myself off a bridge. I drove home instead. Get to a doctor. The drugs help. They really do. And it doesnt last forever. It's just a temporary state darling. But dont make any major decisions while you're feeling this way.
~Quoth the Raven, Nevermore!~
minks

Depression

Post by minks »

Raven;451424 wrote: Yep. To the point i considered driving myself off a bridge. I drove home instead. Get to a doctor. The drugs help. They really do. And it doesnt last forever. It's just a temporary state darling. But dont make any major decisions while you're feeling this way.

Yep what Raven said.... I recall feeling like I wanted to do some serious damage to another human during mine (eek poor Raven will remember that nasty time in my life) But believe me and her, the meds help and allow you to carry on like a functioning human.

― Mae West
minks

Depression

Post by minks »

tmbsgrl;451428 wrote: Thank you all- I don't have any money to get to a doctor- that is our problem.

oooo :( St Johns Wort I have heard helps some

― Mae West
Sheryl

Depression

Post by Sheryl »

Get out of the house! Go for walks anything. The sun will help improve your mood.

Journaling also helps. I have one here, but I have one also here that I pour out everything into. It helps me rid myself of the poison that's in my head at the time.

Finally if ya really need to just talk, you have my email and yahoo name and I'm here for ya!
"Girls are crazy! I'm not ever getting married, I can make my own sandwiches!"

my son
Raven

Depression

Post by Raven »

tmbsgrl;451431 wrote: I have tried it- it doesn't help.
Darling if it gets too bad, just go to your nearest er, and they will treat it there. They will bill you, but you get what you need, and if you pay it back a buck a month, then it gets paid. But dont suffer needlessly honey. You dont have to.
lady cop

Depression

Post by lady cop »

oh Susie!!! i will light many candles, you will not be on the street! something will come from heaven to help you. i believe that!
Raven

Depression

Post by Raven »

tmbsgrl;451434 wrote: So this is the thing- My husband and I are having some problems- because of money. Today he really got to me because he told me that after xmas we are gonna be living on the streets- we are behind on some bills. we don't have a car anymore & I don't know what to do. Up until today I was staying posititve but when he told me that i'm gonna be on the streets- all that positivity went away- I have been crying because I am so scared to lose everything that we have worked for in the last 5 years- I can't deal with it and i don't know what to do. Friday our internet, phone and cable are getting shut off.
Oh sweetheart! I've soooooo been there! I have lost everything. A couple of times as a matter of fact. If it makes any difference, the library has free internet. You will get through this. I promise.
Marie5656

Depression

Post by Marie5656 »

minks;451429 wrote: oooo :( St Johns Wort I have heard helps some

Be carefull with St Johns....I have heard if you are on any other anti anxiety meds, or anti depressants, you should not combine them with this supplement. They can counteract each other. My Dr. told me that when I was on zoloft.
minks

Depression

Post by minks »

Susie, keep in touch with your creditors, they aren't out to kill you, as long as they know your intent and you do not appear to be hiding they will understand, just don't avoid them, that is when they play hardball... trust me on this I was married to a bill collector for a long time, he knew as long as a customer showed intent to pay in small bits when they could the companies could accept it, many many people fall on hard times.

Oh sweetie I wish I could do more for you.

― Mae West
zinkyusa

Depression

Post by zinkyusa »

Try to stay in the now..You are not on the streets NOW..
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.
Carl44

Depression

Post by Carl44 »

this might not work for every one but then your not all idiots like me are ya

but when i feel really down instead of heading for the docs i force myself to think of jokes (ok wise guy before you start ragging on me they yes are crap)

i tell people jokes crap jokes any jokes i read peples threads the slightest inuendo i post it and pretty soon some one like wise guy nomad uncle cram pinky hammy cher red any one gets on board and you start having a laugh

i do realise of course the thread that you have invaded with your stupid joke takes a while to recover but thats what works for me and to prove a point

this rich old guy meets a hot little chick and he wants to set up home with her but his 80 year old wife would cripple him through the divorce courts so he hires a hit man

the hitman says no worrys buddy i will shoot her just just below the left nipple

the rich old guy goes mad and says i want her dead you fool not kneecapped

see i feel better allready :wah: :wah: :wah: :wah:
pantsonfire321@aol.com

Depression

Post by pantsonfire321@aol.com »

jimbo;451452 wrote: this might not work for every one but then your not all idiots like me are ya

but when i feel really down instead of heading for the docs i force myself to think of jokes (ok wise guy before you start ragging on me they yes are crap)

i tell people jokes crap jokes any jokes i read peples threads the slightest inuendo i post it and pretty soon some one like wise guy nomad uncle cram pinky hammy cher red any one gets on board and you start having a laugh

i do realise of course the thread that you have invaded with your stupid joke takes a while to recover but thats what works for me and to prove a point

this rich old guy meets a hot little chick and he wants to set up home with her but his 80 year old wife would cripple him through the divorce courts so he hires a hit man

the hitman says no worrys buddy i will shoot her just just below the left nipple

the rich old guy goes mad and says i want her dead you fool not kneecapped

see i feel better allready

I know where your coming from Jim with this and i agree humour can work wonders, however its no substitute for professional help and that i really think is what she needs .:)

Carl44

Depression

Post by Carl44 »

pantsonfire321@aol.com;451455 wrote: I know where your coming from Jim with this and i agree humour can work wonders, however its no substitute for professional help and that i really think is what she needs .:)

gosh no i dont mean dont go to the docs , i was just thinking every morning i get enough red letter bills to keep a recycling plant busy

the way i look at it they cant kill ya they cant eat ya pay what ya can dont ruin your life worring about owing people money

its their job to lend people money thats how banks get rich my bank sends me a letter saying i have gone over drawn ,

we have charged you 27 quid for this letter ,

they know i dont have any money in there thats why they sent me the letter in the first place :D
Carl44

Depression

Post by Carl44 »

Pinky;451461 wrote: Just a bit of practical stuff here...I found it helped to have something to focus on, so I got myself an evening job as well as my regular, went car booting every sunday and flogged everything I could on ebay....I worked my arse off to get us out of the crap.

The ebaying and car booting made over £2000.

Didn't have much in the house afterwards, but at least I still had a roof over me head;)

how much do you want for those slates :sneaky:
pantsonfire321@aol.com

Depression

Pinky;451461 wrote: Just a bit of practical stuff here...I found it helped to have something to focus on, so I got myself an evening job as well as my regular, went car booting every sunday and flogged everything I could on ebay....I worked my arse off to get us out of the crap.

The ebaying and car booting made over £2000.

Didn't have much in the house afterwards, but at least I still had a roof over me head;)

Blimey Pinks you are one determined lady ..well done :yh_worshp :yh_worshp

Uncle Kram

Depression

Post by Uncle Kram »

Sorry to hear things aint so hot Susie. Hopefully, by tomorrow, all this stuff won't be racing round your head so much and you can focus and think clearly about how you can get help to weather the storm. At all of the crisis points in my life I have always told myself that everytime I was there before, I always came out the other side. Life has it's ups and downs. It's what makes the ups so good. One way or another, with or without help, you will come through.

Hugs to ya sweetie :yh_hugs

(No puns?...Jeez I must be losing my touch ;) )

THE MAN WITH THE GOLDEN PUN
Uncle Kram

Depression

Post by Uncle Kram »

Pinky;451482 wrote: The way I think, If you can't do anything about it, then why worry. If you can do something about it then get off your butt and DO IT!!!:D
You've had some Wisdom teeth PUT IN haven't you?

pantsonfire321@aol.com

Depression

jimbo;451467 wrote: gosh no i dont mean dont go to the docs , i was just thinking every morning i get enough red letter bills to keep a recycling plant busy

the way i look at it they cant kill ya they cant eat ya pay what ya can dont ruin your life worring about owing people money

its their job to lend people money thats how banks get rich my bank sends me a letter saying i have gone over drawn ,

we have charged you 27 quid for this letter ,

they know i dont have any money in there thats why they sent me the letter in the first place :D

We all cope differently Jim, something that wouldn't bother you or i could destroy somebody else . Its hard to see others not coping .:)

Uncle Kram

Depression

Post by Uncle Kram »

Pinky;451485 wrote: Hehe, I know I'm gullible and have little in the way of common sense, but I'm not a total dipstick all the time!:D
True. Wise words for Susie they were indeed

zinkyusa

Depression

Post by zinkyusa »

tmbsgrl;451498 wrote: I can't really go out and get a normal job because my daughter is only in school 3 hours a day. So it makes life really hard. Tim's job slowed down because it is getting kinda cold out now so the need for pest control is goin' down.

does he qualify for unemployment benefits in your state?
sunny104

Depression

Post by sunny104 »

oh, hon! I'm so sorry to hear that! :-1

stay strong, stay positive, things will work out somehow. Sending you lots of hugs and love and prayers. :-4
buttercup

Depression

Post by buttercup »

i have also had bouts of depression, you would probably be surprised just how many people have tmbsgrl, its sad that it still has such a stigma attatched, i can recommend a few really helpful depression based forums where people like yourself have had financial problems & small children (they can direct you to all sorts of working from home ideas, i also applaud pinky for the car boots & e-bay ideas, you do have to get out & about still as its so easy to just stay in bed or indoors & not look after yourself when a bout hits, hugs you tight, feel for you girl :-4
cherandbuster

Depression

Post by cherandbuster »

buttercup;451563 wrote: i have also had bouts of depression, you would probably be surprised just how many people have tmbsgrl, its sad that it still has such a stigma attatched, i can recommend a few really helpful depression based forums where people like yourself have had financial problems & small children (they can direct you to all sorts of working from home ideas, i also applaud pinky for the car boots & e-bay ideas, you do have to get out & about still as its so easy to just stay in bed or indoors & not look after yourself when a bout hits, hugs you tight, feel for you girl :-4

TGirl :)

BCup has some good ideas here -- maybe checking out a couple of the forums she suggested will make you feel better and give you some ideas as well.

Depression can be paralyzing -- it's hard to crawl out from it. But it's a Catch 22; you *need* to get out from under it but it's difficult to be motivated to do so.

If you do look into these forums, do let us know if they help.

Love you :-4
Live Life with

PASSION
!:guitarist

guppy

Depression

Post by guppy »

yep, me too. been there, done that. my heart goes out to you. :-4
Bez

Depression

Post by Bez »

This is a tough time Susie......do you have just one person who can support you through it just by listening and giving you a hug from time to time.

Looks like you've made the first move by looking at re-financing your home.....try and focus on the what you can do next.....write a list....make a plan for the future.

Like the others, I've been through the dark tunnel...no help, no support, just sheer bloody mindedness.....the real instinct to survive for my kids....dig deep for the strength...you'll find it.

:-4 :-4
A smile is a window on your face to show your heart is home

Return to “Health and Drug Concerns”