nostalgia

The Holiday Forum. Post about upcoming holidays.
lady cop

nostalgia

Post by lady cop »

does anyone else start to feel the pangs of nostalgia this time of year? good memories, but also longing for the past...i get so emotional in november and december.
AussiePam

nostalgia

Post by AussiePam »

I always get restless in autumn, LC. Wonder if that's it??? Something to do with the falling leaves, the change of light.... of course we;re in spring here now, but I do have a strong urge to bolt.. grin... (not from FG, just from myself I guess, and you always take that with you, wherever... ) which wasn't what you asked at all, was it??? Grin. Think I'll pour a glass of champers.
"Life is too short to ski with ugly men"

lady cop

nostalgia

Post by lady cop »

no, you've got it. it manifests in different ways i think. there is something in us that retreats to the past and to idealized visions of the season.
cherandbuster

nostalgia

Post by cherandbuster »

Oh yeah

I miss the times when my Mom was alive to share in the joy of the season

I miss when my nephews were young and thought I was the best thing ever

I think it's normal to get these 'pangs' at this time of year

But remember

We *always* have our Forum Garden family to love us :-4
Live Life with

PASSION
!:guitarist

rainbowsmiles

nostalgia

Post by rainbowsmiles »

lady cop;450957 wrote: does anyone else start to feel the pangs of nostalgia this time of year? good memories, but also longing for the past...i get so emotional in november and december.

I certainly do. I miss so many people (relatives that have passed away) especially at Christmas. I miss the Christmas of my childhood.
guppy

nostalgia

Post by guppy »

I love the fall. the smell of leaves burning, the crisp wind. snuggling by the fire. i also join the ymca every fall for six months so i can get the heck away from my kids every night for a hour or so. toooooooo much togethereness. :-3
chonsigirl

nostalgia

Post by chonsigirl »

I am nostalgic in summertime, when I used to stay home during vacation time, and the kids and I would have fun all summer long.:-6
guppy

nostalgia

Post by guppy »

i must be an odd duck. i am sooooo thankful to not be doing the forty kids in the pool anymore. the mile high pile of towells. the two loaves of sandwiches for lunch. runing them here and there. the giggling all night long when they had company. the explosion of the kitchen for a midnight snack. picking up thousands of popcycle sticks every summer. making them let the cat out of the refrigerater. getting them off of the roof . out of the street, out of the river across the street. fishing smashed frogs and doodlebugs out of pockets before i could wash the clothes. ...............yea, those were the days........:-2 i loved it, but no way could i do it again............no way.....................

Return to “Holidays”