Boston Acoustics

Home Theater, Car Audio, Audiophile Systems, Tube Systems, and more.
Nomad

Boston Acoustics

Post by Nomad »

I frequently stereo and speaker shop, hit up the conventions and read what I can on new technology in the audio world. I made a good find today. I got a $500.00 pair of Boston Acoustic rear surround speakers for $100.00. They were the floor model. I never want to leave home again. Pesky work :-5

I AM AWESOME MAN
lady cop

Boston Acoustics

Post by lady cop »

very cool! i hope you're watching 'apocalypse now'! you cannot beat those choppers in the beginning! i had to duck for my ceiling fans!!
chonsigirl

Boston Acoustics

Post by chonsigirl »

Oh, what a great deal!
abbey

Boston Acoustics

Post by abbey »

Boys and their toys.
RedGlitter

Boston Acoustics

Post by RedGlitter »

Dang, Nomad! That's a steal!! $100 for $500 speakers!? Good deal!

They're attractive too! :)
dick123

Boston Acoustics

Post by dick123 »

Hello

The speakers may be small, but they have a very interesting design. While they look like cubes, they are engineered to be very versatile. The speaker can be set on any side that has a variety of angles. You can use these angles to aim the speaker when it is sitting on a shelf. Since the 0.5-inch dome tweeter is mounted coaxially with the 2.5-inch woofer, you just have to make sure the speaker is pointed in the right direction and not worry about which way is up.

Boston Acoustics has included not just one mounting option, but two. The first thing you’ll do is install a pivoting ball mount to the back of the speaker. Then you mate that to either a nearly flush keyhole mount for wall/ceiling applications or a straddle mount for corners. This gives you a huge range of mounting options and much more than you’d expect at this price point. The speakers all mount very close to the wall so it presents a very clean look (though you’re still going to see the wires poking out from behind).
Replacement Kitchen Doors

Return to “Home and Car Audio”