ILLEGAL aliens

Open or closed borders?
zinkyusa

ILLEGAL aliens

Post by zinkyusa »

There are degrees of illegality IMO. Wanting a better life is not as bad as murdering someone. Besides who say's we have the right to make it illegal to come here (morally). The Indians d/n want the whites to take all their lands but we did anyway..
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.
YZGI

ILLEGAL aliens

Post by YZGI »

that may be true Zink but we cant go back in time. Since civilazation, Groups of people have taken lands, territories and countries from other people. The world has since gotten smaller, the boundries ( at least here ) have been set. The laws have been set. IMO Just inforce the laws. If they feel the need to come over here illegaly then they must face the consequences. I am not saying I blame them.
zinkyusa

ILLEGAL aliens

Post by zinkyusa »

YZGI;442379 wrote: that may be true Zink but we cant go back in time. Since civilazation, Groups of people have taken lands, territories and countries from other people. The world has since gotten smaller, the boundries ( at least here ) have been set. The laws have been set. IMO Just inforce the laws. If they feel the need to come over here illegaly then they must face the consequences. I am not saying I blame them.

I know wiseguy just playing Devil's adovocate, I know we can't just opne up the borders..
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.
Lulu2

ILLEGAL aliens

Post by Lulu2 »

Zinky, MILLIONS of people want a better life. Is it ok for them to jump your fence and start building a house in your yard?

Humans evolved with a "tribal" nature. It's a territorial thing. We NEED "our" space and "our" culture and "our" opportunities.

Back in the "good old days" when human tribes were hundreds of miles apart, nobody cared as much about preserving their resources. We do now.

This country cannot continue to absorb every poor person who wants to break laws and jump the line to get in here.
My candle's burning at both ends, it will not last the night. But ah, my foes, and oh, my friends--It gives a lovely light!--Edna St. Vincent Millay
RedGlitter

ILLEGAL aliens

Post by RedGlitter »

My feeling is that as long as Mexico has the immigration policy that they currently have now, they don't need to come over here and abuse ours. I resent that.

Please see my previous link for a concise rundown of their policy.
Saffron

ILLEGAL aliens

Post by Saffron »

RedGlitter;442596 wrote: My feeling is that as long as Mexico has the immigration policy that they currently have now, they don't need to come over here and abuse ours. I resent that.

Please see my previous link for a concise rundown of their policy.
YEs, I do wonder how other countries, not only Mexico, can have their immigration laws but abuse ours.

I heard that one cannot go and live in England. But they can come here and become a citizen. Is this true? I think that our country needs to take a much more serious and strict attitude toward illegals, not just Mexicans.
Your Kitty Forum

My Website
Saffron

ILLEGAL aliens

Post by Saffron »

chonsigirl;442007 wrote: Well, I do not see them as criminals. So that is where we agree to disagree.:)
Oh they are criminals. This post reminds me of a Mexcian guy I heard who was speaking on a talk radio station late one night. He was saying how he resented the Mexican illegal aliens being called "illegals". And that made me laugh. Why can't they (or you) understand what or why it is illegal. I mean, they are here illegally, so that makes them criminals, as they are breaking the law. It is that simple.
Your Kitty Forum

My Website
wildhorses

ILLEGAL aliens

Post by wildhorses »

chonsigirl;296682 wrote: Well, I will make my statement-unless you are Native American, then your family has come here at some point in time, illegally. And taken the land from those who owned it first.

Hatred and intense dislike of them will not alter the situation, dear 4rum.

And English is not the official language of the United States, last I heard.

Ask any Native American, and they will tell you how important it is to control immigration. And the title "Native American" means that a person was born here. So anyone born here is a Native American. Native Americans total 85% of the current population. Not to mention the fact that the so called Native Americans/Indians did migrate here. They did not just pop up out of the ground. And there is evidence that there were inhabitants here before the arrival of the American Indian(see "Kennewick Man" or "Spirit Cave Man"). Furthermore, not all came during the time the land belonged to the Amercan Indian. Some families did not come here till as late as the 1940's. Wanting to control immigration is not hatred, it is common sense. Ask any American Indian if it makes sense. What happened to the American Indian was a result of not controlling immigration at the time. Think how many American Indians were here.....and not too many white men. Of course the Spanish were already here, but they did not do much with it and there were not really too many of them either. There were way more American Indians here at that time. They could have just told those ships to turn right around and go home. They did not defend their land.

Return to “Immigration”