AMBER ALERT--Florida

The AMBER Alert System began in 1996 when Dallas-Fort Worth broadcasters teamed with local police to develop an early warning system to help find abducted children. AMBER stands for America's Missing: Broadcast Emergency Response and was created as a legacy to 9-year-old Amber Hagerman, who was kidnaped while riding her bicycle in Arlington, Texas, and then brutally murdered. Other states and communities soon set up their own AMBER plans as the idea was adopted across the nation.
lady cop

AMBER ALERT--Florida

Post by lady cop »

Couey has been arrested in Savannah.
lady cop

AMBER ALERT--Florida

Post by lady cop »

news conference at 11:45 eastern on FOX.
robinseggs

AMBER ALERT--Florida

Post by robinseggs »

Pretty scary!!! Well, I am convinced Couhey did not do this. I agree with legaleagle and ladycop. At his age, if he was a sex offender against small children, I believe he would have more on his rap sheet than what it is. Also, has too many other different types of crimes....seems like the real molesters of little ones are the wierd ones with nothing else on them because they probably just sit around on their computers all day til they decide to get a child. So sad. Anyhow, besides, this guy doesn't even have the glasses!! LOL LOL!! I know it means nothing, but for me, it is pretty suggestive that he isn't the one. Anyhow, he has only been arrested for leaving the state, right ladycop? Or what was it for?
Nature laughs Last
mominiowa

AMBER ALERT--Florida

Post by mominiowa »

Thanks LC for the post....

Wasn't there some other children almost abducted a week or so after Jessica in the same area.. Maybe that person let things die down a bit and now is back on a trail of another child.. Its all so confusing.. IF her family is not involved...and IF this new guy is not involved...THE PERP has been way to lucky going into a house and not being heard and now maybe trying to get more kids and not being caught...What do u~FEEL~LC..?

~~The Family~~

Happiness is knowing where you come from...

Who you are...

And why you are here.....
legaleagle

AMBER ALERT--Florida

Post by legaleagle »

Sailsong wrote: Where is Daddyo's bedroom in that trailer? I know trailer was shown on tv but I missed it. Does he even have a separate bedroom? He never has referred to it.

I don't know of that specific trailer design but it has been stated that the master bedroom (grandparents) is at one end of the trailer and the other two are at the other end which would make daddy's right next to Jessica's.

With respect to Couhey, not only would he have had to break into the trailer on maybe the only night that the front door was left unlocked (grandfather said it was locked) but also the night that Mark happened to be out all night - I still doubt that scenario.

To me, we still don't have a break in - Couhey would have had to have lured Jessica out of the trailer (prearranged that he would come by and knock on her window maybe). But I don't see any information that this guy either knew Jessica or had ever been in the house (how'd he know what room she was in - no dog barking, no noise, no evidence of a struggle even a small one, no nothing, no car, no body nearby!!). I don't think Jessica would have ventured out to meet someone that she did not know well. Mark and the grandparents do not seem to even know the guy. Also - already pointed out - strange non-reaction by them to this activity with a person of interest.

Maybe the police are holding back information about any relationship but it seems someone else would be talking that they've seen him in her company. He may have blown town because he knew the police would find out that he had moved and not reported it (and they did) which in conjunction with the other warrant would have put him back in the slammer. Plus he would have been considered a prime person of interest (lots of negative publicity) if they had found him living up the street which I am certain he realized even if he wasn't involved.
lady cop

AMBER ALERT--Florida

Post by lady cop »

mark lunsford has appeared on larrry king and greta tonight. Mark Klaas was on as well and has stated he has someone going to the area to assist in a search this weekend. mark(lunsford) is referring to his place as a "command center".
mominiowa

AMBER ALERT--Florida

Post by mominiowa »

Thanks Momof6 for that info.. I was uncertain but thought I had heard of that somewhere...

So nothing came of the News Confrence? I missed it and Larry King is on but we are at the State BasketBall tourny - so I have to fight to watch TV tonight..LOL Hoping that something comes out of this besides -nothing...but at least they had a lead..It was time for some kind of info somewhere. I had heard the Chief tell the media that he has men on this daily and will till something is found..and that they are not giving up...Lets hope its not forgotten...

Good Night to all

~~The Family~~

Who you are...

lady cop

AMBER ALERT--Florida

Post by lady cop »

gray truck completely ruled out for evidence.
lady cop

AMBER ALERT--Florida

Post by lady cop »

America's Most Wanted, not Sheriff, has reported that couey is NOT a suspect in Jessica's disappearance. i hope we'll hear from the sheriff later today.
legaleagle

AMBER ALERT--Florida

Post by legaleagle »

Sailsong wrote: small thing tonite- but when Greta Van s. asked Daddyo if you could see Jessica's bedroom from the other trailer (where person of interest stayed- he said yes. Earlier on another interview, he and grandparents said "no". The info tonite on the "group" supposedly living in the trailer, and the asking of use of phone by person of interst, was because the lady neighbor said she had just remembered it- that she had previously told police she had not seen person of interest- but that police had shown her pic of guy with a hat on- and she did not recognize him with the hat. If all these reporters go noosing arund the twon, maybbe they will come up with something. Of course there is the risk of creating a more complicated web.

You are right about people asking a lot of questions and maybe finding inconsistancies in peoples stores but that woman also said that about 5 people and a kid were living in that trailer (assuming one of them was Couey recently - guess he was there the night Jessica disappeared) but I can't imagine that if Couey were involved that at least one of them would not have ratted him out - since this type of crime is on the lowest rung of criminal activity and is even despised by other hardened criminals.

If he was out that night someone would have noticed. Plus I gather they have checked out any vehicles, the trailer, and the other people living there.

Plus, I have heard nothing about this guy having any contact with Jessica. Why her, under the most difficult of circumstances when we have heard alot about lots of girls running loose in the neigbhorhood at all hours totally unsupervised?
lady cop

AMBER ALERT--Florida

Post by lady cop »

Sheriff says couey admits killing Jessica. i have started another thread to discuss this as it unfolds.
Beth

AMBER ALERT--Florida

Post by Beth »

My deepest condolences to the family and most sincere apology for accusations and smearing your names. I feel very low for participating and ask for forgiveness.
legaleagle

AMBER ALERT--Florida

Post by legaleagle »

momof6 wrote: john couey abducted and then took her life..... Jessica Lunsford is Dead....

I would never have believed it.... I guess we all was wrong... my apologies to the family and all here......

Very sad. Some people do not show emotions on the surface. Obviously Mark is one of these people and may not be the brightest light in the sky but I do feel badly for him as it does appear he was trying to do right by Jessica by moving in with mom and dad. The cloud of suspicion must have been very difficult to deal with for them.

The lack of clues just made it look suspicious. I guess we all knew that this was the ending but still don't want to accept the outcome. I will be watching the case as it unfolds. I can't believe that the guy actually picked the one night the front door was apparently unlocked and Mark was not home.

Bad things like this just aren't supposed to happen to kids like Jessica.
Peg

AMBER ALERT--Florida

Post by Peg »

Bad things like this just aren't supposed to happen to kids like Jessica.

Bad things like this just aren't supposed to happen to kids period.
kensloft

AMBER ALERT--Florida

Post by kensloft »

So sad. I wish the parents well. Life will be hard for them and I offer them my prayers.
lady cop

AMBER ALERT--Florida

Post by lady cop »

this was a lengthy Amber Alert thread that precipitated an Amber Alert Forum here at FG, a fitting tribute to poor little Jessica. this is an important forum and will, sadly, be not the last such thread. but i believe it brought an awareness that will remain with all who participated and read here. i thank every single person who cared and read and offered comments and prayers and ideas. this thread showed a sense of universal community. and this forum will do so again.
mominiowa

AMBER ALERT--Florida

Post by mominiowa »

My heart goes out to the family...as do my sincere regret of the questions of their involvment..Now they have the closure they will need to move on.. It will not be easy - nor will it go away. Lets just pray when that beautiful child died - it was not an awful death...

A childs life is the most saddest to loose... Here's knowing that her angel wings fit as beautifully as she was....

~~The Family~~

Who you are...

BTS

AMBER ALERT--Florida

Post by BTS »

lady cop wrote: Sheriff says couey admits killing Jessica. i have started another thread to discuss this as it unfolds.

Gee wizzzzzzzz

Am I glad you are just a deputy and not a crime investigator.

Beth at least apologized....

You hung him in your mind as soon as you heard he was out with a "barfly"...

Then....You move on to a new thread........Enough said

I could post 2 pages of your quotes about how Mark Lunsford, from a "rodent" to these quoted snide remarks:

"i may be WAY too cynical, but the father was 'crying' without actual tears. it could just be his persona, but boy did susan smith leap to my mind".

"i do not think this is a stranger abduction".

"the inarticulate and rodent-like father is on Larry King live right now. i think he's too stupid to be flat-out lying at this point. he simply doesn't have the evil cunning of a susan smith".

"but i am not buying a lot of it, i don't buy the one night stand. but after listening all day and night, the father is a dupe. the sheriff is good, and says just what i would expect. i am a florida sheriff deputy, and this thing has all my hackles up".

"i think anyone reading between the lines of my posts knows i have doubts about the stranger scenario as well. (unless it was a local stalking her)".

"the father just gave what i can only call an odd presser. he laughed no less than 9 times . he said he has been "too busy" to search himself. he said there is a website, but 'he hasn't seen it'. the whole thing was bizarre".

:......also grandma said if the abductor needed a doctor, they'd get one, grandma was quite cool and collected. daddy was totally inappropriate, and before anyone tells me how people react differently, believe me i study how people react. this guy's a nut, involved or not. he also said THE SHERIFF'S OFFICE DOES NOT TELL HIM ANYTHING and he doesn't know the progress of the investigation!.....there go all my bells and whistles at code 3.:eek:"

"the father is on larry king right now, he is sucking up to larry, it is nauseating. he also lied...intimated he has taken a polygraph...no he has not, he took a voice stress test. he is trying to appear slick, and is clearly enjoying his 15 minutes of fame. whether he is involved or not, i don't like him. he's a weasel. :("

"just now on greta's show the daddy made BIG mention of donations wanted!! $$$ OMG i can just imagine what the sheriff is thinking! i know what I'M thinking! this guy is acting like he's auditioning for american jerkwad. and he's got bad DTs".

"then FOX mis-reported. :( i hate that. i do know however, that the polygraph is routine and is also inadmissable. ........i am really bothered that the father is really enjoying appearing on TV, behaving like he's on a book tour".

"i still have not decided the father is good for this, but i still think he's a weasel of the first order".

"i have another question on my mind...how did the "stranger" know daddy would not be coming home"???

"i think the dogs would have sniffed out a body, they covered a lot of ground. i still suspect her scent stopped at the carport. just a guess of course".

".....i also think "dad" was with some barfly one-nighter, not really predictable. otherwise we should have seen his "love" by his side on his TV blitz. (how did i get so cynical?) and the video of her bedroom was so contrived it insulted my intelligence".

"...i listened to the father with interest, and despite the headline he did NOT say he thinks someone in the family knows who took Jessica. that was misleading. i also kept saying "red herring" to myself as he spoke, can't explain, simply my "gut". ........also, i have searched florida criminal records and have found nothing on the father so far".

"but i was glad to listen to the dad. every time he opens his mouth i see the sinkhole expanding. something about him stinks, however i am not saying he killed her".

"well well well...IF the daddy's middle initial is A. (mark lunsford), he has quite a jacket in NC...DWI, B&E (breaking and entering) and attempted fraud (by burning a dwelling). i knew he was dirty!! (what towns are contained in alamance county"?)

"HEH , i'm the one who said i wouldn't be shocked if father and son had adjoining jail cells. ".

"MARK LUNSFORD HAS BEEN VERY BUSY!" AND THERE WAS A FUND-RAISER TODAY IN N.C., THIS MONEY IS FOR PERSONAL EXPENSES! FINANCE

From Mark Lunsford: Do not make ANY donations to any other website other then www.jessicamarielunsford.com (http://www.jessicamarielunsford.com/) Some people have been using other websites fraudulently trying to collect donations.(yeah,be sure to send ME the money!)

These donations are for various costs incurred to the family during this time of crisis(what, beer??) Mark is very busy handing out flyers (how long did that take?) and talking to police,(baloney) the media,(yep, laughing it up) concerned families and parents from all over the world. (sure, he's an international diplomat and celebrity and needs YOUR cash to keep talking to anyone who will listen)".

"Ya know Beth, i know what you mean, and although i am NOT directly accusing him or grandpa of killing the child, i AM accusing him of being a complete scumweasel and all-around dirtbag. every time i have seen him speak my BS detector went code 3 , and when he literally leered at the mention of wads of cash on larry king it was blatently obvious that this was his ticket to "fame", TV, money, sympathy and attention. he's enjoying it too much. and playing the audience (he thinks).he might be 'playing' simple folk, but he is way out of his league".

"nobody that i am aware of has said the child kept her bedroom door locked. i could be wrong of course. i am at the point where i am willing to say this is an inside job. once again, i could be wrong. i am waiting for the announcement her body has been found. and a family member arrested. the one time i was wrong was Elizabeth Smart.

i am willing to be wrong again".

(YOU WERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!}

"i find it most interesting that he was out buying new clothes...probably for his TV debut. and you are correct that some pedophile passing through would have grabbed someone more accessible.....just curious about something you said...you googled Jessica links and saw THIS thread/forum mentioned? wow.... i have also heard rumors that mark was doing some partying, all that extra cash he has is burning a hole in his pockets i guess. if any of that is true, he is wildly inappropriate. and yes, WHERE is the devoted girlfriend? i asked early-on about her. who is she and is she credible? a question, is the mother, angela, still in town"?

"...i read with interest how mark is going to organize his own searches...wouldn't it be a big shock if he 'accidently' discovers her body in some abandoned building? (kind of like john ramsey discovering JonBenet and then interfering with critical evidence). and civilian searchers mean well but may disturb evidence. the sheriff's posse has covered the entire area".

"well mark is unemployed now, he's on the fund-raising and party circuit. living free. and i hear grandma was to be polygraphed this week. it's all useless as far as i am concerned".

CONT......................in next post
"If America Was A Tree, The Left Would Root For The Termites...Greg Gutfeld."
BTS

AMBER ALERT--Florida

Post by BTS »

"and if mark is so concerned about searching, why wait until saturday? it's cold out there in the scrub at night. or in "abandoned buildings". i think it's all for show, and will be quite interested in seeing how many people turn up. those that do will be sincere people wanting to help i am sure. it's mark's motives that have had my radar vibrating from day 1".

"i know this, with mark guiding and directing the search, if he said go to point A, i would do just the opposite".

lady cop03-17-2005, 05:49 AM

"my instincts are telling me that this guy isn't good for it. if he were, her body would be somewhere local, and we've already been around and around with that scenario. he may well be just another local sleazebag who is now going to be picked up on a VOP, but this isn't his MO. unrelated...i notice increasing hostility in grandma's dealings with the press. she was positively nasty yesterday morning when asked questions".

lady cop03-18-2005, 03:29 PM

"Sheriff says couey admits killing Jessica. i have started another thread to discuss this as it unfolds".
BTS

AMBER ALERT--Florida

Post by BTS »

I have painted a GREAT picture (in prior 2 posts), of how people can be coerced into tunnel vision.

Right up to Fri. the 17th ladycop was in denial that it was anyone else. No matter what Mark did it was suspect in her mind.

If I am wrong here please correct me

Thanks for reading my opinions :-6
abbey

AMBER ALERT--Florida

Post by abbey »

BTS wrote: I have painted a GREAT picture (in prior 2 posts), of how people can be coerced into tunnel vision.

Right up to Fri. the 17th ladycop was in denial that it was anyone else. No matter what Mark did it was suspect in her mind.

If I am wrong here please correct me:-6
Why on earth should we?? you quite obviously know it all!!
kensloft

AMBER ALERT--Florida

Post by kensloft »

BTS wrote: I have painted a GREAT picture (in prior 2 posts), of how people can be coerced into tunnel vision.

If I am wrong here please correct me

Thanks for reading my opinions :-6
I'd really appreciate it if you would do the same for the others. This knack for being able to figure it all out after the fact amazes me. :yh_rotfl :yh_worshp :yh_rotfl
abbey

AMBER ALERT--Florida

Post by abbey »

kensloft wrote: I'd really appreciate it if you would do the same for the others. This knack for being able to figure it all out after the fact amazes me. :yh_rotfl :yh_worshp :yh_rotfl
:wah: Ya sarky git..
BabyRider

AMBER ALERT--Florida

Post by BabyRider »

Hey BTS, thanks for re-posting so much of LC's stuff. What I find amazing is that you are attempting to discredit her with posts that have an abundance of "I think" and "instinct" and "maybe" and "my opinion". It's pretty obvious to me that she never said flat out, "THIS is what happened and THIS is who is guilty." So that's a relief to know that she wasn't ever sure 100% who did anything. Your little vendetta against her will be dead before it even gathers any wind. (Or should I say "hot air"?) :yh_eyerol
[FONT=Arial Black]I hope you cherish this sweet way of life, and I hope you know that it comes with a price.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

Bullet's trial was a farce. Can I get an AMEN?????

We won't be punished for our sins, but BY them.

BTS

AMBER ALERT--Florida

Post by BTS »

With all that prior stuff said and hopefully over, let me state my stances:

I am Pro life, Pro death penalty, Pro Gun rights, Pro Police.

I believe this SOB should have never been allowed to be out on the streets

I have stood up for Mark in numerous forums even before he was singled out.

This is quite interesting to me and I hope Mark gets his wish.......

Girl's Father Wishes to Confront Suspect

By MIKE BRANOM

The Associated Press

HOMOSASSA, Fla. - The registered sex offender who authorities say confessed to kidnapping and slaying 9-year-old Jessica Lunsford was returned to Florida in shackles Sunday and the little girl's father said he wished he could confront the killer.

John Evander Couey was booked early Sunday on a probation violation and failure to register as a sex offender, according to officials. He was being held without bail.

Couey, 46, confessed to kidnapping and killing Jessica after taking a lie-detector test Friday in Georgia, officials said. The girl's body was found early Saturday, more than three weeks after she disappeared from her bedroom.

Jessica's father, in an emotional statement, expressed a desire to mete out justice of his own.

"I won't get the wish, but I wish I could see him, just one time," said Mark Lunsford, his eyes hidden by dark sunglasses.

Lunsford said he and his relatives would soon begin planning Jessica's funeral.
robinseggs

AMBER ALERT--Florida

Post by robinseggs »

BTS, what a horrible personal attack on Ladycop! The time you spent condemning her must have taken forever...........you obviously have nothing better to do. I hate personal attacks on anyone. It is not nice. Every person no matter what their profession has a right to their own opinions. Many of us here stated the same suspicions/speculations and yet you singled her out. Is it possible you really DON'T like law enforcement?!! As a matter of fact, I myself voiced my suspicions over the grandfather with some lousy reasons...(i.e...eyeglasses, LOL) yet you didn't attack me!
Nature laughs Last
BTS

AMBER ALERT--Florida

Post by BTS »

robinseggs wrote: BTS, what a horrible personal attack on Ladycop! The time you spent condemning her must have taken forever...........you obviously have nothing better to do. I hate personal attacks on anyone. It is not nice. Every person no matter what their profession has a right to their own opinions. Many of us here stated the same suspicions/speculations and yet you singled her out. Is it possible you really DON'T like law enforcement?!! As a matter of fact, I myself voiced my suspicions over the grandfather with some lousy reasons...(i.e...eyeglasses, LOL) yet you didn't attack me!

RobinsEggs

You were not leading the charge either, LC was......

But you defend her attacks on Mark? How can you state:

"I hate personal attacks on anyone. It is not nice"?

Then in the next breath defend her attacks on Mark?

I know if I was one of the people that was following the lead and was wrong I would not like the posts I posted either.

MY WHOLE point is that we need to let the facts out before we start calling people some of the things LC did.
CARLA

AMBER ALERT--Florida

Post by CARLA »

BTS,

This is a forum, we are her to discuss what we want to. This is not LADYCOPS day job as a GUN CARRYING DEPUTY...BY THE WAY IN FLORIDA A DEPUTY IS THE SAME AS A COP OR HIGHWAY PATROL OFFICER. :-5

She can call Mark what ever she damn well feels like... I had the Granddad as the one who had taken her. We all can have an opinion on anyone anytime.. It's just forum talk. That is what we are here for. Our opinion mattered not in the actual searching for Jessica. So back off.. :mad:

So Mark didn't do this. He still isn't an upstanding citizen by any means, nor is his father. My heart goes out to the whole family. :-1 It is a terrible tragedy. Mr. Couey is the killer we all know that now.

Next time something happen you come post immediately and tells how it really went down since you know everything.. :sneaky:
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

mominiowa

AMBER ALERT--Florida

Post by mominiowa »

Great post Carla - I never once saw the --"I know he did this" from LC... and I want to - THANK - LC for all the info that was wrote about what shows to watch and what things were going to be on.. I really appreciate it - Also someone made the comment she doesn't follow kidnappings and such--well then maybe this forum is not for her...I watch more CNN and news then anything else...My "fasination" - is not an abnormal one..its one of releif when the perp gets caught for the evil crime.. It makes me personally feel better about my own nephews case...Its time to move on..Let it go and be glad the killer is behind bars..

Anyway!! - It was great to "meet" you all

~~The Family~~

Who you are...

Return to “Amber Alert Forum”