Have you been having a lovely day ?

Affectionately known as The Cawfee Shop. There's no better place to be than in your own coffee shop discussing "whatever" with friends.
ACCADUE

Post by ACCADUE »

I draw on this question made by CherandBuster:

"Have you been having a lovely Tuesday?"

because i am very much interested in how do you spend your days..

I mean, I work in office all the week long - Monday to Friday, from 9 to 17:30-

week-ends are full of "cleaning the house, shopping, and trying to cook something edible for my family"

There are not much news - except for gossips in office, some short journeys or town festivals (is it correct?) and bbq during summer week-ends, my life is almost here...

It is quite difficult to explain in a foreign language: I hope to make myself understood.

I believe that to know people is not only to know their most famous buildings,

their fabulous landscapes and so on, but to know their way of living, food, and so on and this may start from an ordinary day...

Thanks for your replies

Paola
AussiePam

Post by AussiePam »

Hi Paola !!! I think you write wonderfully well in English. And I know I owe you an email. I've been totally on the run the last few days - but did send you thoughtwaves!! Had to go to Sydney last week and came back to Canberra on Saturday afternoon late. My daughter here has been ill again, so normal work plans had to wait. But I did get my tax done - that's a big something. And this afternoon the weather was so nice I went off to the Floriade - this is the local spring festival. Lots of beautiful flowers. This year, too, there was a section dedicated to Italy - with green white and red flowers representing your flag. I enjoyed the outing.

Floriade
"Life is too short to ski with ugly men"

cherandbuster

Post by cherandbuster »

Hello Accadue My Friend :)

I work with my attorney husband from home. We work 6-7 days per week. That's the problem when you work out of your house -- You *never* get to leave your office. :rolleyes:

But I don't mind -- any progress we make is good for his practice, which in turn is good for our life.

Sometimes I have to 'drag' him away from his desk, as he gets so intensely involved in work, it's hard to 'shut him down'.

But I think it's important to reach for a balance -- you can't be all work and no play or you'll fall apart.
Live Life with

PASSION
!:guitarist

Raven

Post by Raven »

Aint that the truth! This is my play week. Well sort of.
~Quoth the Raven, Nevermore!~
cherandbuster

Post by cherandbuster »

Raven wrote: Aint that the truth! This is my play week. Well sort of.

Whatcha doing for fun, Raven? :guitarist
Live Life with

PASSION

Raven

Post by Raven »

Just hanging out and playing with my kitties. Just being away from the stress of my job is enough.
cherandbuster

Post by cherandbuster »

Raven wrote: Just hanging out and playing with my kitties. Just being away from the stress of my job is enough.

I agree.

The absence of stress, even for a short while, is indeed a beautiful thing :-6
Live Life with

PASSION

Raven

Post by Raven »

Oh yes it is! But since I'm on my 3rd mug of coffee, I'll be needing to get moving on some much negleted housework soon! LOL! Y'know..re-arrange the furniture like us girls do on occasion.
Marie5656

Post by Marie5656 »

Paola, your English is quite good. Much better than my Italian!!

I remember a sugestion that was made to another member who was learning English. Go to the forum here that has the Word Games. It is in the "Just for the Fun of it" area. That may help you out some.
cherandbuster

Post by cherandbuster »

Marie5656 wrote: Paola, your English is quite good. Much better than my Italian!!

Marie :-6

That's funny :D
Live Life with

PASSION

ACCADUE

Post by ACCADUE »

Marie5656 wrote: Paola, your English is quite good. Much better than my Italian!!

I remember a sugestion that was made to another member who was learning English. Go to the forum here that has the Word Games. It is in the "Just for the Fun of it" area. That may help you out some.

Thank you very much...

Yes. I use to play in three or four of them, but there are some games I do not understand..

I do not want to write nonsense...

now I have to leave my computer: should go home. My working day in office is ended.. at last..

I cannot use home computer, it is out of order and nor my husband, nor my son nor my daughter let me use their !

But..my husband promised that we will buy a new one for my son and i will get his one.

buona serata a tutti - good night to everybody

Paola
cherandbuster

Post by cherandbuster »

ACCADUE wrote: buona serata a tutti - good night to everybody

Paola

And a good night to you, my Italian friend :)

Sleep well :-6
Live Life with

PASSION

AussiePam

Post by AussiePam »

ACCADUE wrote:

I cannot use home computer, it is out of order and nor my husband, nor my son nor my daughter let me use their !

But..my husband promised that we will buy a new one for my son and i will get his one.

Paola - grin - a gorgeous lady like you who not only works her stylish butt off every day but also cooks wonderful meals and does other great homemaking things for her adoring family deserves her own brand new computer!!! Tell them !!:sneaky:

ACCADUE

Post by ACCADUE »

OH, Aussie, thanks, but, you know, there a l w a y s a lot of most important problems in a family.. , and, sincerely, my computer is not in that scale.

(need a new car for my son, my daughter is going to marry next year and we should re-settle our house and so on..)

As for meal, no, dear Aussi, i'm not the typical italian wife.

I don't like very much to cook. When i'm alone, i simply eat fruit or a sandwich.

it is my daughter the cook, she likes very much to do it, she and her fiancé...

(Her fiancé is from Parma, the home of "parmigiano" known worldwide, and of the nourishing cookery, so you may understand)

ciao a tutti

Paola
AussiePam

Post by AussiePam »

Grin. Well, I still hope you get a computer at home soon, Paola. I do enjoy cooking, and this evening actually got out the pasta maker and made fresh fettucini and a sauce of silverbeet, fennel, garlic, parmigiano and kalamata olives. Turned out very good. Your kids are growing up!! My younger daughter who works in MTV in London just got her own channel - she's now boss of the TMF, the Total Music Factory. She loves her work.

cherandbuster

Post by cherandbuster »

AussiePam wrote: Paola - grin - a gorgeous lady like you

Hello Accadue :)

Could you post a picture of yourself?

I did not see one on your profile page :-6
Live Life with

PASSION

ACCADUE

Post by ACCADUE »

cherandbuster wrote: Hello Accadue :)

Could you post a picture of yourself?

I did not see one on your profile page :-6

oh mamma mia!:o

I have a bad relationship with the pictures: i didn't want official pictures when I married and i have few of me..

I have to have the courage of posting one.. as soon as i find an acceptable picture

bye
hit-it

Post by hit-it »

Definitely! The weather's never been this good.
Nomad

Post by Nomad »

October 09, 2006 – 11:53 PM

The forecast from the National Weather Service calls for a wet snow across the northern two-thirds of Minnesota on Tuesday night and Wednesday, with perhaps an inch possible across the Iron Range, perhaps 2 in the Arrowhead.

I declare myself ready for winter !:)
I AM AWESOME MAN
ACCADUE

Post by ACCADUE »

Nomad wrote: October 09, 2006 – 11:53 PM

The forecast from the National Weather Service calls for a wet snow across the northern two-thirds of Minnesota on Tuesday night and Wednesday, with perhaps an inch possible across the Iron Range, perhaps 2 in the Arrowhead.

I declare myself ready for winter !:)

Not me, no no no, please - not yet - my wardrobe is empty... need to buy dresses - oh cielo! winter again ?

That means moistness all around you, over your clothes, fog, rain and snow..

All that mud when you walk, mud under your feet, over your legs, cars which shoot just against you all that "mush"...you bring down your umbrella to cover your pants - so you hairs become wet and uncombed...and cold, cold,...

I an impatient of cold: all my thought are like freezed-up, i hardly can think and move, I would like to hole up until spring-time....
cherandbuster

Post by cherandbuster »

ACCADUE wrote: Not me, no no no, please - not yet - my wardrobe is empty... need to buy dresses - oh cielo! winter again ?

That means moistness all around you, over your clothes, fog, rain and snow..

All that mud when you walk, mud under your feet, over your legs, cars which shoot just against you all that "mush"...you bring down your umbrella to cover your pants - so you hairs become wet and uncombed...and cold, cold,...

I an impatient of cold: all my thought are like freezed-up, i hardly can think and move, I would like to hole up until spring-time....

I'm with you, Accadue! :guitarist
Live Life with

PASSION

ACCADUE

Post by ACCADUE »

cherandbuster wrote: I'm with you, Accadue! :guitarist

Thanks for you comprehension and support..:-6 :-4
cherandbuster

Post by cherandbuster »

ACCADUE wrote: Thanks for you comprehension and support..:-6 :-4

Oh I'm a warm weather person, just like you :)

Give me sunshine every day -- I'd also like a few palm trees with it.

I'm practicing for my retirement to Florida one day . . . :-6
Live Life with

PASSION

Return to “The Coffee Shop”