Dream interpretation...

Discuss Astrology, Confucianism, Healing Arts, Hinduism, Mysticism, Paganism, Reincarnation, Sikhism, others
Raven

Dream interpretation...

Post by Raven »

I'm not really sure where to put this!

But okay here it is.

I've been trying to discover for quite a few years now, what a certain dream I had, meant.

I have the pre-cog type of dreams, on occasion.

In this one, I died. I really did.

When this dream first started, I was standing in a swimming pool with all my sinner buddies from my past. (LOL) I was wearing a red life jacket. (I'm a respiratory therapist.) Now my superior in the dream, was an angelic looking fella, who just looked at me, and I knew what I had to do.

I walked along a path (small pebbles) toward a cliff. I looked down into the clearest blue lake I had ever seen. With no fear of what I knew was comming, I jumped. Now as I went under (gently sinking) I noticed the water turned color. (more pure) I DELIBERATELY breathed in the water, filling my lungs. I drowned. In my dream everything went black. Literally. I died. When I opened my eyes (still dreaming) I looked into the face of my superior. (angelic guy) I noticed I was beside the indoor swimming pool once again. And as I looked down at my chest, I noticed very large purplish bruises. The angelic guy said it was a difficult resuscitation. I said I wanted to go where he was going, but he said it wasnt time yet.

Just then, my ex, actually woke me up, and I was gasping and my arms were above my head like I had been pulled from water. My shoulders were REALLY sore for about a week.

what do you think? anybody here have a clue?

This bothered me so much, I wrote a poem about it.

THE PURIFICATION OF RAVEN

As i closed my eyes in desiring of rest and repose,

a fitful dream of sins past there arose.

Ever around me were those, whose accomplicity i knew.

For red was the color of my guilt whose price was now due.

Thus does enter into the pool of my shame,

A wonderous fair being, whom i cannot name.

He pulled me aside "this you must do"

I looked down the path, and then i knew.

For this must come first before your path is set.

A cleansing of which i know not yet.

I said farewell to my sinful peers.

and sins of past years.

This walk I alone could take.

Before i'm allowed to wake.

As i walk the gravel path, a joy i never knew,

overcomes me as such a kind will do.

I peer over the edge of a cliff to see,

a clear pure pool of eternity.

a calmness takes over my sleep,

as i dive into clear waters deep.

As i sink into the depths,

i begin to take deep breaths.

into my lungs, the pure waters pour.

into my heart, a peace unknown before.

A blackness comes before my eyes.

sleep eternal as my body dies.

In a moment my eyes do yet see,

the being who bad me wake before me.

your resuscitation was difficult he said

i looked at my chest, bruised and red,

knew what he said was true.

Now you are purified and ready to do,

that which was given you before birth.

protect and preserve life on earth.

As he turned to go, i began to plead,

"not yet" said he. "For here is greater need"

at last i understood what he said.

Then i awoke with a start from my bed.

Gasping for breath, and panic in my minds eye,

i often wonder....did i really die?

(this is based on an actual dream after having worked 24 hrs straight and with only 3 hours of sleep before i had to work 8 more.)
~Quoth the Raven, Nevermore!~
koan

Dream interpretation...

Post by koan »

Water in a dream represents the emotions and emotional being. The state of the water, colour, quality etc determines the nature of the emotions. That you were in an indoor swimming pool would indicate that your emotional self had been somewhat sheltered and in controled circumstances. What you had to do was dive into the greater waters of your emotional self to see how you fared.

The water got even purer and you welcomed it into your physical body. Though you were bruised and almost died you took a risk and overcame a fear. I would bet that you evolved as a human being around that time. Perhaps your exhaustion at work broke down some barriers and you connected with a deeper emotional part of yourself.
Lon

Dream interpretation...

Post by Lon »

I don't have a clue on what your dream means, but that type of dream is generally caused by eating too much "Fish & Chips" according to published reports in the "Slovenian Medical Digest".
Lon

Dream interpretation...

Post by Lon »

I have this recurring dream about eating giant marshmellows. When I wake up in the morning I'm belching feathers and my pillows are gone.
koan

Dream interpretation...

Post by koan »

Lon wrote: I have this recurring dream about eating giant marshmellows. When I wake up in the morning I'm belching feathers and my pillows are gone.

You've posted this a couple of times, Lon. Are you looking for an interpretation? I'd say it was a sign of a limited repetoire of jokes. :wah: But the pillow could represent smothering.
Lon

Dream interpretation...

Post by Lon »

koan wrote: You've posted this a couple of times, Lon. Are you looking for an interpretation? I'd say it was a sign of a limited repetoire of jokes. :wah: But the pillow could represent smothering.
Yeah---sorry bout that. We ancient ones suffer from memory loss sometimes, besides, it was in another post.

Hey---did ya hear the one about------------------------
BabyRider

Dream interpretation...

Post by BabyRider »

Alright, Koan, I'm going to pick your brain AGAIN. (Does that ever bug you, that folks dump their stuff on you and ask you to figure it out for them?)

My dream is in a business of some sort...not sure what. I am trying to get to my guns because someone is after me. I end up in a bathroom. A public one with stalls and several sinks. In the first stall is my sister, although it doesn't LOOK like my sister. (You know how you just know things in dreams...) She has a gun, which she is getting for me, but is clueless about the proper handling of it, and in moving it, she points it at me and it goes off, hitting me in the chest. I fell to the floor, and rolled myself under the wall that made up one side of the stall to look at her. I felt the blood drain out of me and it felt like what I think dying would be like. Everything went black, and I was convinced it had really happened, and I was dead. I woke up hysterical.

Geez, I hope she doesn't read this, it would really upset her. :yh_nailbi
[FONT=Arial Black]I hope you cherish this sweet way of life, and I hope you know that it comes with a price.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

Bullet's trial was a farce. Can I get an AMEN?????

We won't be punished for our sins, but BY them.

koan

Dream interpretation...

Post by koan »

BabyRider wrote: Alright, Koan, I'm going to pick your brain AGAIN. (Does that ever bug you, that folks dump their stuff on you and ask you to figure it out for them?)

My dream is in a business of some sort...not sure what. I am trying to get to my guns because someone is after me. I end up in a bathroom. A public one with stalls and several sinks. In the first stall is my sister, although it doesn't LOOK like my sister. (You know how you just know things in dreams...) She has a gun, which she is getting for me, but is clueless about the proper handling of it, and in moving it, she points it at me and it goes off, hitting me in the chest. I fell to the floor, and rolled myself under the wall that made up one side of the stall to look at her. I felt the blood drain out of me and it felt like what I think dying would be like. Everything went black, and I was convinced it had really happened, and I was dead. I woke up hysterical.

Geez, I hope she doesn't read this, it would really upset her. :yh_nailbi

Hilarious. I just deleted my whole answer by accident. Hmmm. Let me rethink now.

No it doesn't bug me when people ask these kind of things. I remember I wrote that.

I think this was a positive dream, despite your waking up distraught. Hope that helps with your sister.

Dying often represents you're moving on. In this case you would be moving on from a threatening world to one you feel more confident in dealing with. It may have been family that provided you with the key to leaving some of this behind or your feeling of the woman being your sister could just mean someone close to you like family. The bumbling but well meant actions did help you as it puts to rest the part of you that is more likely to panic. If this was a recent dream you could expect that you will find yourself more prepared to deal with threating situations in a controled manner even if you still have shadows of apprehension.

Bizarre interpretation, perhaps, but I do think the death in this scenario is a part of you best left to die on the bathroom floor.
BabyRider

Dream interpretation...

Post by BabyRider »

I find that a very interesting interpretation, especially considering the recent conversation we had about threatening situations. I wonder if it's related to that in any way.

I really like that last part: "a part of you best left to die on the bathroom floor." Thanks for your insight Koan. As always! :yh_bigsmi
[FONT=Arial Black]I hope you cherish this sweet way of life, and I hope you know that it comes with a price.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

Bullet's trial was a farce. Can I get an AMEN?????

We won't be punished for our sins, but BY them.

koan

Dream interpretation...

Post by koan »

Two funny things.

1) Because of the recent convo I thought it a bizarre interpretation but wrote it anyway. I do think it is accurate.

2) The last part was the hardest to write because I thought it rather harshly worded. Glad you liked it and I that I write what I'm told. :D

Return to “Ancient Wisdom”