Boar hunting in Florida

A forum to discuss local issues in WV, VA, KY, TN, NC, SC, GA, AL, MS, AR, LA, FL
chonsigirl

Boar hunting in Florida

Post by chonsigirl »

:eek:
Lulu2

Boar hunting in Florida

Post by Lulu2 »

I sent this photo to the curator of reptiles at the zoo, asking if he thinks it's ''real'' or not. My thinking is that these animals usually hunt/kill in water and a wild boar SHOULD be too fast for a 'gator to grab one. I'm not saying it's not real...just that it might not be. We'll see what he says.
My candle's burning at both ends, it will not last the night. But ah, my foes, and oh, my friends--It gives a lovely light!--Edna St. Vincent Millay
zinkyusa

Boar hunting in Florida

Post by zinkyusa »

Lulu2 wrote: I sent this photo to the curator of reptiles at the zoo, asking if he thinks it's ''real'' or not. My thinking is that these animals usually hunt/kill in water and a wild boar SHOULD be too fast for a 'gator to grab one. I'm not saying it's not real...just that it might not be. We'll see what he says.

maybe the gator killed it in the water and is taking it somewhere for a picnic:D
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.
Lulu2

Boar hunting in Florida

Post by Lulu2 »

Crocodilians ('gators and crocs & their relatives) will stash their prey in an underground den and wait until it begins to rot, so they can tear flesh off bones more easily. Their mouths aren't designed for efficient chewing. Think about it and you'll see what I mean.

That habit of creating dens helps maintain a water supply for other animals during droughts.
My candle's burning at both ends, it will not last the night. But ah, my foes, and oh, my friends--It gives a lovely light!--Edna St. Vincent Millay
zinkyusa

Boar hunting in Florida

Post by zinkyusa »

Lulu2 wrote: Crocodilians ('gators and crocs & their relatives) will stash their prey in an underground den and wait until it begins to rot, so they can tear flesh off bones more easily. Their mouths aren't designed for efficient chewing. Think about it and you'll see what I mean.

That habit of creating dens helps maintain a water supply for other animals during droughts.

uh, thanks for sharing that Lu :yh_sick :yh_sick
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.
Lulu2

Boar hunting in Florida

Post by Lulu2 »

Certainly, Dearest....want some steak tartare? :wah:
Marie5656

Boar hunting in Florida

Post by Marie5656 »

Ewww..first penis transplants, and now this. I think i need a break. :wah:
Lulu2

Boar hunting in Florida

Post by Lulu2 »

Agreed! Want some champagne? :wah:
Marie5656

Boar hunting in Florida

Post by Marie5656 »

Lulu2 wrote: Agreed! Want some champagne? :wah:

None for me, thanks..give mine to Cher. She likes it.:)
Portia

Boar hunting in Florida

Post by Portia »

in at least one of several fatal gator attacks on humans in florida this past summer, one woman was attacked while on a footpath by a canal, gators can do a surprisingly fast sprint on land.
Lulu2

Boar hunting in Florida

Post by Lulu2 »

Perhaps...but I think a wild boar could easily outrun a human.
guppy

Boar hunting in Florida

Post by guppy »

my my , what a big ole gator................
Sheryl

Boar hunting in Florida

Post by Sheryl »

:thinking: yep I'm glad i'm in the Texas panhandle. :D
"Girls are crazy! I'm not ever getting married, I can make my own sandwiches!"

my son
guppy

Boar hunting in Florida

Post by guppy »

all i could think about was what a beautiful purse he would make.....a bunch of em...........:sneaky:

i fish in the okefenokee swamp sometimes. aligaters are slow. but i do not like it when they push the boat around hoping that some kinda snack will fall out. ...............:-3
Lulu2

Boar hunting in Florida

Post by Lulu2 »

Can't fault a guy for trying......;)
guppy

Boar hunting in Florida

Post by guppy »

Lulu2 wrote: Can't fault a guy for trying......;)

ROFL. think they are hoping to shake out a guppy snack? you couldn't pry my butt out of that boat.
Lulu2

Boar hunting in Florida

Post by Lulu2 »

They've been around for A VERY LONG TIME and they're just perfect for where they live & what they do. You & I should just leave 'em alone! ;)
guppy

Boar hunting in Florida

Post by guppy »

Lulu, tell that to the gators. they are slowly migrating all threw our rivers here. :eek:

we swim with them alot. they do not bother you as long as you do not start feeding them. ................so far. but hunters are starting to lose their dogs alot to them. ...................
Lulu2

Boar hunting in Florida

Post by Lulu2 »

Guess the hunters should take better care of their dogs!
guppy

Boar hunting in Florida

Post by guppy »

gator chow..................

Attached files
Portia

Boar hunting in Florida

Post by Portia »

they were considered endangered once, now there are an estimated 1 million in florida fresh water. there have been many attacks, because humans have encroached on their habitat. they are in florida water traps on golf courses, and every body of fresh water . they are eating people's pets and even coming into peoples' yards and attacking them. if it is mating season they are extremely aggressive. and it's true, some have been conditioned to associate humans with food, which endangers everyone.
Lulu2

Boar hunting in Florida

Post by Lulu2 »

True. They also provide fresh water for other species, keep other species in balance and are the only reptile providing true parental care for the young.
Ciao, Bella!

Boar hunting in Florida

Post by Ciao, Bella! »

As a native Floridian, (transplanted now), I've seen plenty of alligators. (This one's a beaut, btw!)

They will, upon occasion, capture their prey and take it elsewhere to stash. What folk need to remember is we're encroaching on their territory.

Return to “South East”