Some advice and help needed

Need help? Ask for it. Serious Discussions Only.
MaryKate

Post by MaryKate »

Could anyone recommend a Women's Activist Group that advocates for abused women - even years after the divorce is final?:(

Any suggestions are welcome. None to small or large.

Thanks.
Adam Zapple

Post by Adam Zapple »

If you don't mind my asking, are you seeking a legal advocate for past abuse, counseling for abuse, or shelter from ongoing abuse? Check with your local police dept. or organizations such as YWCA. They can at least steer you towards the proper organizations. Good luck.
MaryKate

Post by MaryKate »

At this time, she would like to belong, as a member, to a group working to influence and educate the justice system, as well as the general public to the abuse that the courts perpetuate by some of their misguided rulings.

She needs no more time in court. That is a money pit! Not qualifying for legal aid, lawyers are very expensive as y'all know ....and tens of thousands have already been spent there.

She has accepted this, but want's to help women who will be following in her footsteps.

**don't be fooled, tho. The ex-husband married the sister of the abuse counselor that she was seeing before the divorce. The system is crooked.:(
CheshireCat

Post by CheshireCat »

Co Dependants Anon

They are really good.

I went there when I left my ex, he hit me too. There are a lot of battered women there, battered men too.

www.codependents.org

"My body is the earth but my head is in the stars."

God Bless BR!!!
Lulu2

Post by Lulu2 »

Hi, MaryKate! I've no suggestions but I send warm wishes of support!
My candle's burning at both ends, it will not last the night. But ah, my foes, and oh, my friends--It gives a lovely light!--Edna St. Vincent Millay
KARENSVINEYARD

Post by KARENSVINEYARD »

MaryKate wrote: Could anyone recommend a Women's Activist Group that advocates for abused women - even years after the divorce is final?:(

Thanks.

There's a national program called Project Woman. not only do they have a crisis line, but you dont have to be in danger to use their services. they have groups, therapy, counseling, legal advice/aide, and all are free and completely devoted to health and welfare of woman no matter the reason. You can find the # in the business section under Project Woman. if there is somethin else to suit you better then you can contact your local Domestic Relations office and or a Job & Family services center, either can if anything else tell you who to contact depending on your personal circumstance. all are in the phone book. if ya cant find em in the book then call information or get on Yellowbook.com and for both info. and Yell.book you'll search under the names PROJECT WOMAN, DOMESTIC RELATIONS OFFICE (can also ask or look for clerk of courts who can direct you to dom. relations) and JOB AND FAMILY SERVICES. i suppose i should add that im familiar with this. i'm also an activist and about a year ago i started to accompany women into the courtroom who'd otherwise just be alone simply to make sure somebody was just there with extra pair'a ears. i dont know everything about it, but i can point a direction for ya.
Lulu2

Post by Lulu2 »

MaryKate...I read a bit on another board about your reasons behind this question. I wish I could do more than just offer (((((ENORMOUS HUGS))))) to you and yours...

(Actually, I wish I knew someone in the Mafia.....) (KIDDING!) (Maybe.):mad:
My candle's burning at both ends, it will not last the night. But ah, my foes, and oh, my friends--It gives a lovely light!--Edna St. Vincent Millay
MaryKate

Post by MaryKate »

Thanks!!! The marriage was bad, but the after divorce has been a nightmare. Giving this abuser the physical custody of children was a better weapon, to use against the girl, than if he had been given a gun.

Great minds run in the same channels, I've been told.

The Mob;) has visited my dreams!:-6
Lulu2

Post by Lulu2 »

Unfortunately, I'm not "connected." Sending my best....we're always here if you want to VENT!
KARENSVINEYARD

Post by KARENSVINEYARD »

MaryKate wrote: Thanks!!! The marriage was bad, but the after divorce has been a nightmare. Giving this abuser the physical custody of children was a better weapon, to use against the girl, than if he had been given a gun.

no problemo. if you get looking for number you cant find or anything for stuff in your area then i'll check for 800 #s or somethin' for ya to see whats available. there's bound to be another person on here somewhere who knows somethin also. if i come across any i'll send ya one human canon ball style.:D
cherandbuster

Post by cherandbuster »

Lulu2 wrote: Hi, MaryKate! I've no suggestions but I send warm wishes of support!

Oh Lulu2 :)

That's really nice

And I offer the same, MaryKate :-6
Live Life with

PASSION
!:guitarist

KARENSVINEYARD

Post by KARENSVINEYARD »

MaryKate wrote: Thanks!!! The marriage was bad, but the after divorce has been a nightmare. Giving this abuser the physical custody of children was a better weapon, to use against the girl, than if he had been given a gun.

sorry it occurred to me i didnt know whether that was for me or LuLu. Sorry LuLu that was kinda rude for me to not ask so that i didnt make an ass outa myself.
cherandbuster

Post by cherandbuster »

Lulu2 wrote: MaryKate...I read a bit on another board about your reasons behind this question.

Is it a board I may be interested in?

Am I the only one that is active in ONE forum only? :-3

Do I need some more Forum Action? :guitarist
Live Life with

PASSION

Lulu2

Post by Lulu2 »

Cher, it's the board that a bunch of us left.....don't bother.

Interestingly, I went there for a specific reason and just happened to see MaryKate's post. I was glad I did.
Texas Thunder

Post by Texas Thunder »

Mary Kate. I am kinda in the same Bind. The only thing is I was never married to the guy. I am having no luck getting anywhere. I live in Texas and it seems that the Guy almost has to kill me or my son for someone to help us. He is very Rich and never does anything that could get him caught he waits till we are alone and then Threatens to kill me. He forced me sign paperwork giving him Primary. Now he wont even let me see my son. He is under federal investigation for crimes that he has committed and it seems that I have just have to wait till they take him down but My son is in Danger and I am scared I will loose my son. The guy is not even the Biological father, My sons father died when he was two... I guess he thinks if he keeps the rope around my neck that I will not testify against him.. It is getting harder everyday to even get out of bed. I want my son home with me where he belongs. I miss him... I am sorry for venting. I just really could use some Girlsfriends to help support me and I could be a good Friend to you.

Thank you

Kimberly

:-1

MaryKate wrote: Could anyone recommend a Women's Activist Group that advocates for abused women - even years after the divorce is final?:(

Thanks.
cherandbuster

Post by cherandbuster »

TSquared (my nickname for you) -- :)

Welcome! We have so many *lovely* women here! We will offer you all the moral support we can.

Besides, anyone who likes Stevie Nicks as much as I do just *has* to be my friend :-6
Live Life with

PASSION

KARENSVINEYARD

Post by KARENSVINEYARD »

Texas Thunder wrote: Mary Kate. I am kinda in the same Bind. The only thing is I was never married to the guy. I am having no luck getting anywhere. I live in Texas and it seems that the Guy almost has to kill me or my son for someone to help us. He is very Rich and never does anything that could get him caught he waits till we are alone and then Threatens to kill me. He forced me sign paperwork giving him Primary. Now he wont even let me see my son. He is under federal investigation for crimes that he has committed and it seems that I have just have to wait till they take him down but My son is in Danger and I am scared I will loose my son. The guy is not even the Biological father, My sons father died when he was two... I guess he thinks if he keeps the rope around my neck that I will not testify against him.. It is getting harder everyday to even get out of bed. I want my son home with me where he belongs. I miss him... I am sorry for venting. I just really could use some Girlsfriends to help support me and I could be a good Friend to you.

Thank you

Kimberly

:-1

TO ALL: FIRST HAND TAPE RECORDER INSTRUCTION TIPS

HANDHELD tape recorders do wonders. catchin' my husband not puttin' on a "i'm everyone's best friend" show and tryin' to fight the world as why i'm divorcing was the biggest battle. we had two handhelds, he asked repeatedly for them. i kept those out and played dumb for awhile as i'd bought a 3rd he wouldnt think i'd thought to have. if ya wear a skirt ( i know for sure or i wouldn't tell ya) then tape it to the inside of your thigh because dress shoes require a larger distance between legs when you walk, if you wear pants, wear them long and loose fit at the bottom, wear long socks and tape it to the outside of calve but inside top of sock and you can walk around with no shoes and never be suspected.
Lulu2

Post by Lulu2 »

MaryKate--how're things going?

Return to “Friends, Relationships, Advice”