The battle of troy - were the Amazons there and why?

Aura

Post by Aura »

I am doing a historic story about the battle of Troy, involving the ledgendary women warriors known as Amazons. I have heard that they supported the Trojons and they went with their queen Penthaselia where she was killed. Can anyone help me on this please?

:confused:
Aura

Post by Aura »

Thanks for your input. Some women did come over to Britain with the Roman army, and graves have been found in London. Boudicca (excuse the spelling) was a great warrior.

:)
gmc

Post by gmc »

I saw a documentary where an archeologist using ancient greek stories as a source reckoned the amazons may have been mixed in with the steppe warriors and were now further east. Among mongol peoples there are occasional blue eyes appearing appearing, she was able to find such a child and found traces of caucasian DNA amongst nomadic tribes in eastern russia. Couldn't find the link though. They also had stories of warrior women that may have been the same tribe as the greeks talked about.
Aura

Post by Aura »

This is inresresting and not mere fantasy anymore.

gmc

Post by gmc »

The amazons of ancient times seem to have been a distinct group. Warrior women were quite common in celtic culture and seemed to have rights to property etc unlike the romans in the time of the emperors.
gmc

Post by gmc »

Thanks for the link chonsigirl. It's amazing how much you forget.
Aura

Post by Aura »

Thank you for the link chosen girl, I have added it to my Amazon folder for future reference. Does anyone think that Wonder Woman should have been written by a man?

chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

http://www.amazing-amazon.com/cindex.htm

Was Wonder Woman written by a woman? I do not seem to recall that, there was once a TV documentary on comic creation, and I remember it was males that drew her-hence her flattering figure! Did a woman originally come up with the idea? :cool:
Aura

Post by Aura »

No it was written by a man. But no one has ever written about what they were really like? :guitarist

Return to “History”