Your Pet Lost and Found Stories

Discussions about your pets!
Atlantia

Post by Atlantia »

I wondered if anyone would like to share their pet lost and found stories?

I'll start with one of the times Toby, in his adventerous puppyhood, went missing.

A windy evening, our garden gate blew down, and Toby, who was in the garden at the time, decided to go out and explore. My parents had gone out shopping for the evening, and I had just got in from work, to find Toby missing, along with half of the garden gate. I was really worried, especially with Toby having no roadsense. I went out and called his name, but no sign of Toby. I was upset, and started to think the worst; I live on a fairly busy road. I prayed that Toby would be okay, and be safe, that was all I could do for now. As soon as Mum and Dad got back, I would have to tell them, and get my dad to drive around looking for him.

When my parents had arrived back home, they arrived with more than the shopping, they bought Toby back with them. They found him, walking around the garage shop, when they stopped to buy petrol. They almost decided to buy the petrol the next day instead, but thankfully they didn't! Thanks to good timing, Toby was found in the shop, obviously taking no notice of the 'No Dogs' sign on the door. :D
Some people think this is it;

fish think the same about the sea.
minks

Post by minks »

Oh gosh this reminds me of our old dog shadow.

She was a real firecracker, a border collie corgie cross. She had loads of energy. We were living in a fairly new area in the city, so loads of development going on and one day the little rat she escaped our yard and took off. It was about 3 days later when she came home dirty and smelling worse than poop, the great thing about this story... we were walking out the front door, my husband and I and our oldest daughter who was about 2.5 at the time. There came Shadow around from the side of the house, well our daughter put her hands on her hip and loudly asked "Shadow, where have you been" ahhh it was priceless, a happy day when the dog came home and the daughter made it so funny.
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
Babies_Mama00

Post by Babies_Mama00 »

Both stories are adorible. I wish my story was as happy. I had a cat, he was MY first pet, I have had many as a child but this cat was MY first pet. His name was Smokey and for the longest time was a cute cuddly little kitten with a great ammount of attitude, well up until the day his little member between his legs arived that is. Than he was just a horny little bugger. But just a few months ago he ran away threw my bathroom window and I have not seen him since:( I hope someone picked him up.

Now Im stuck with a HUGE dog who thinks hes a chihuahua.
Portia

Post by Portia »

i was living in the florida keys. i had a pet bird i adored. but he used to drive me crazy, would insist on perching on my shoulder, which was fine, but he would bite my lip and draw blood if i talked on the phone! birds can be very jealous. anyway, i evacuated for a hurricane, gave him to a friend to watch, and he was blown away, never to be seen again. :-1
abbey

Post by abbey »

Portia wrote: i was living in the florida keys. i had a pet bird i adored. but he used to drive me crazy, would insist on perching on my shoulder, which was fine, but he would bite my lip and draw blood if i talked on the phone! birds can be very jealous. anyway, i evacuated for a hurricane, gave him to a friend to watch, and he was blown away, never to be seen again. :-1That's sad.:-1

I have a parrot that drives me round the ruddy twist, and somedays i imagine him being blown away.

Just kidding, as you all know, i love my animals.:)
pantsonfire321@aol.com

Post by pantsonfire321@aol.com »

Where do i start ..... i had a corn snake that went walkabout into next doors garage . He was found a whole year later by my neighbour... i think hes now recovered ;) .

Then when i moved, one of my Berber skinks escaped and another neighbour found him a few days later . She put these great big thick gloves on thinking he was poisious - poor little guy .

Then my Iggy decided to hide while i was cleaning out his residence . I checked everywhere,i actually thought the little bugger may have gone out the window . I even rang the R.S.P.C.A ..guess where i found him a few hours later ... under a duvet he forgot to hide his tail:wah:

ANIMALS DON'T YOU JUST LUV EM :rolleyes:
Can go from 0 - to bitch in 3.0 seconds .:D

Smile people :yh_bigsmi

yep, this bitch bites back .;)
pantsonfire321@aol.com

Post by pantsonfire321@aol.com »

Portia wrote: i was living in the florida keys. i had a pet bird i adored. but he used to drive me crazy, would insist on perching on my shoulder, which was fine, but he would bite my lip and draw blood if i talked on the phone! birds can be very jealous. anyway, i evacuated for a hurricane, gave him to a friend to watch, and he was blown away, never to be seen again. :-1

I don't know about jealous , my African greys demonic :-5
Can go from 0 - to bitch in 3.0 seconds .:D

Smile people :yh_bigsmi

yep, this bitch bites back .;)
Peg

Post by Peg »

We were in the process of moving and had taken my daughter's cat to the new place. A year later, we were at a yard sale when a cat walked up to my daughter and rubbed up against her. She yelled, "It's Fluffy". It sure looked liked Fluffy, but a year later? The people said she had become the neighborhood cat; that she wondered into the neighborhood a year ago. My daughter asked if they'd mind if she took her home. They were inseparable until Fluffy got hit by a car.:(

My son got a ball python for his birthday. Here I am, scared to death of snakes, but Al thought it'd be a great birthday surprise. We had it one day, and it escaped for a week. I had one sleepless week! Then it just reappeared on the staircase one day.

I had a cockatiel that I loved dearly. He was very seldom in his cage. He was usually on my shoulder telling me what a pretty bird he was. One day, for some unknown reason, Al opened the door and out Opie flew. Knowing I would be devastated, he went outside, smacked his arm and yelled and whistled for the bird. It flew across the road, did a huge circle around the store that was there, and landed at Al's feet. Not wanting to ever risk that again, he got his wings clipped.:wah:
cherandbuster

Post by cherandbuster »

Babies_Mama00 wrote: Now Im stuck with a HUGE dog who thinks hes a chihuahua.

Erin --

What do you mean? I'm naturally curious, since I have a chihuahua myself.

Sounds like you have some good stories there! :)
Live Life with

PASSION
!:guitarist

Babies_Mama00

Post by Babies_Mama00 »

cherandbuster wrote: Erin --

What do you mean? I'm naturally curious, since I have a chihuahua myself.

Sounds like you have some good stories there! :)

He is a 110lbs Giant Malimute crossed with a wolf(hes only 6 months old) and he sleeps in the bed with me and my boyfriend. He also climbs up onto the couch and curls up in the corner(taking up half of the darn couch) and he tries his hardest to fit his whole self on my lap when I sit on the couch. The poor guy doesnt get much room tho seeing as how my belly just keeps getting bigger and keeps giving him less and less room lol.
cherandbuster

Post by cherandbuster »

Babies_Mama00 wrote: he tries his hardest to fit his whole self on my lap when I sit on the couch.

Oh that's just so funny! :D

And my Buster loves to stretch out and be a BIG DOGGIE! :)
Live Life with

PASSION

Babies_Mama00

Post by Babies_Mama00 »

hehe our pooches are opposites. Blue is a wee dog in a HUGE dogs body and Buster sounds like hes a big dog in a wee dogs body lol. Funny how it works that way.
cherandbuster

Post by cherandbuster »

Babies_Mama00 wrote: hehe our pooches are opposites. Blue is a wee dog in a HUGE dogs body and Buster sounds like hes a big dog in a wee dogs body lol. Funny how it works that way.

Oh yeah

I should have named him Napoleon, as he definitely has the 'little man' complex :rolleyes:
Live Life with

PASSION

CheshireCat

Post by CheshireCat »

I was living in Alabamma one summer and I was enjoing my balcony at my apartment. Out of the blue a love bird lands on the ledge. I'm just looking at him loke I can't believe what I am seeing. He looked at me for a few minutes and flew to my shoulder and bit my ear.

I called him Romeo, he was a love bird after all.

He stayed with me for years, hten one day I was moving and his cage was outside waiting to be loaded, he let himself out and flew away! He was beautiful. I figured he was just off on another adventure and would find another home to his liking, just like he found mine.
"My body is the earth but my head is in the stars."

God Bless BR!!!
cherandbuster

Post by cherandbuster »

CheshireCat wrote: I was living in Alabamma one summer and I was enjoing my balcony at my apartment. Out of the blue a love bird lands on the ledge. I'm just looking at him loke I can't believe what I am seeing. He looked at me for a few minutes and flew to my shoulder and bit my ear.

I called him Romeo, he was a love bird after all.

He stayed with me for years, hten one day I was moving and his cage was outside waiting to be loaded, he let himself out and flew away! He was beautiful. I figured he was just off on another adventure and would find another home to his liking, just like he found mine.

Oh that's such a beautiful story, CSquared

And I love the name Romeo :-4
Live Life with

PASSION

Babies_Mama00

Post by Babies_Mama00 »

Definately a story that put a smile on my face. And I must agreew with Cher Romeo is such a perfect name for a love bird.

Also Cher Your puppy sounds like quite fun hehehe.
cherandbuster

Post by cherandbuster »

Well, Erin, I do laugh a lot with my little boy.

I don't have any children so Buster is it for me.

I'm madly in love with him :-4
Live Life with

PASSION

Babies_Mama00

Post by Babies_Mama00 »

cherandbuster wrote: Well, Erin, I do laugh a lot with my little boy.

I don't have any children so Buster is it for me.

I'm madly in love with him :-4

Hehehe thats awsome. I am worried about our puppy because he is still so young that I really dont want him to get jelouse when we bring baby home. He has a bed BAD habbit of going into the babies room and getting his toys or his clothes and bringing them out into the living room. The first nite we had him home(dog obviously) he found the bag of diapers...we had to go buy a new bag the next day. He had some fun with them so now he is locked in our bedroom at night so he stays out of trouble.
cherandbuster

Post by cherandbuster »

Babies_Mama00 wrote: Hehehe thats awsome. I am worried about our puppy because he is still so young that I really dont want him to get jelouse when we bring baby home. He has a bed BAD habbit of going into the babies room and getting his toys or his clothes and bringing them out into the living room. The first nite we had him home(dog obviously) he found the bag of diapers...we had to go buy a new bag the next day. He had some fun with them so now he is locked in our bedroom at night so he stays out of trouble.

You may be pleasantly surprised, Erin :-6

Some of the most gentle creatures with infants are huge dogs

I hope yours will be one of them :)
Live Life with

PASSION

CheshireCat

Post by CheshireCat »

cherandbuster wrote: Oh that's such a beautiful story, CSquared

And I love the name Romeo :-4

He was a character. He would fly into the shower with you and go in and out of the water.
"My body is the earth but my head is in the stars."

God Bless BR!!!
daBunnyWendy7

Post by daBunnyWendy7 »

Babies_Mama00 wrote: Hehehe thats awsome. I am worried about our puppy because he is still so young that I really dont want him to get jelouse when we bring baby home. He has a bed BAD habbit of going into the babies room and getting his toys or his clothes and bringing them out into the living room. The first nite we had him home(dog obviously) he found the bag of diapers...we had to go buy a new bag the next day. He had some fun with them so now he is locked in our bedroom at night so he stays out of trouble.
These are ALL lovely & heartfelt stories

Thank you SO MUCH for sharing.

Here's a link to my MSN photo album w 4 a's LOTS of dorable fuzzy sweeties.LOADING it all again time cconsuming soo...

ok I know how to do a hotlink BUT it looks like tec dificulties w msn momentarily.

see my id on windows messenger.IT DOES have ALL the same photos daBunnyWendy7 ID ...:-6

Warm fuzzy hugs, Whip OUT the lint brush

Wendybunny
Wendybunny

Everyone can make the world a better place!
Lulu2

Post by Lulu2 »

My daughter had a wolf-hybrid named Faelyn. (NO, I DON'T ADVISE ANYONE GETTING A WOLF-HYBRID! Please! Don't!) Faelyn was a truly unique dog and everyone who met her loved her.

One day, my daughter came home to find the lock on the gate destroyed and Faelyn gone. She'd been stolen.

I can't describe the sadness we all felt...she had so many fans!

A year and a half later, my son-in-law was washing his truck when he looked down the street and saw an emaciated dog, limping and weaving toward the house. Something made him look again....

It was Faelyn! She came to the house, went into the garage and fell down on her old cushion, which nobody'd had the heart to toss. She'd had at least one litter of pups and had been on the road for a long time...her poor feet were bloody.

But she came home and was there for about 8 years before my daughter gently and lovingly released her from the arthritis which was making life so painful.

Whenever I hear the term "dogged determination," I think of Faelyn and how she finally found her way home.
My candle's burning at both ends, it will not last the night. But ah, my foes, and oh, my friends--It gives a lovely light!--Edna St. Vincent Millay
Atlantia

Post by Atlantia »

When a pet goes missing, it's such a worrying and sad time, and then so wonderful when they are found. Toby went missing one Good Friday, and turned up about three or four miles away in the next village. I was so greatful to the people who found him, and put him in thier field, until my dad was able to drive over and collect him.

I used to have a cat, Cupid, who went missing when she was about a year old. A few worrying days later, my dad was in the cellar, working on a racing bike. He called to my mum for something, when a crying meow was heard from the little cellar window. It was Cupid, he recognised my dads voice! After that, Cupid never went further away than the garden. It was so good to get her back safe again. She was with us 16 years; I still miss her.
Some people think this is it;

fish think the same about the sea.
Banshee

Post by Banshee »

About 2 months or so ago we went to visit my boy friends grandmother at her lake house. We had a conversation on the way there how i didn't like him letting the dogs run around with out their leashes, but he claimed it was ok and they enjoy it. Well sure, wouldn't a convict enjoy having the front gates to the prison opened?! Anyway, we've let them run free like that several times there, but always have to run after them, or yell at them to come here etc..

Well fast forward to about 10:30 that night.. I am sitting in his grannys living room trying not to pass out as she is watching old 1980's country line dancing videos and telling me how she used to go out dancing all the time(yeee haaawww granny).. I figure the 'boys' have all been outside for well over an hour now, i better go check on them. I walk out the door to see my boy friend wandering around her drive way with this look on his face.. i casually ask what was goign on.. and he said "i can't find the dogs" I said uhhh excuse me?! "i can't ind the dogs" I freaked out!!! I took off running towards the gator hole ( yes, thre are gators there) coz i heard loud barking noises form that direction.. then comes the ole man on the golf cart.. i hop in and all i can do from beating the snott outta him is clench my fists and yell out their names.. we lapped the block about 3 times then took off for the dead end... wouldn't ya know it i see my little chunky monkys behind just waddeling along... i scream out his name and he realizes he is in trouble and trots off to the house.. i follow him on foot.. shortly after the boy friend found the other dog..

Do ya think the boy friend learned a lesson???

NOPE!!

But i sure was happy to have my boys home again. I know htey wern't lost for a long time, but it was long enuff for me
valerie

Post by valerie »

One (of many!) from an earlier thread:

We lost Zsa Zsa one time, she was gone 2 or 3 days and we were

sitting around the kitchen table, and Mom said "I think I hear Zsa Zsa"

and we of course thought she was nuts... but we tracked down the

sound, Mom went over to the fireplace (one of those old kinds with

the "clean out" in the floor... apparently Zsa Zsa had gone in the

little opening after something and spent 3 days in the ash under the fireplace.)

Mom reached in the hole, and pulled out a dirty and dehydrated

but very, very happy Zsa Zsa out of the fireplace.
Tamsen's Dogster Page

http://www.dogster.com/?27525

Lulu2

Post by Lulu2 »

Heartwarming. NOT "hearthwarming." :wah: (sorry)
My candle's burning at both ends, it will not last the night. But ah, my foes, and oh, my friends--It gives a lovely light!--Edna St. Vincent Millay

Return to “The Pets In Our Lives”