Alby Mangles

A forum to discuss local issues in Australia.
Rain

Alby Mangles

Post by Rain »

My family was hooked on Alby Mangles 8-9 years ago. There was a show on our Travel Channel here in the states, and we'd never miss it.

In the Steve Irwin thread, I read some comments by AussiePam about other people in Australia who are/were popular. She didn't mention Alby, and I was wondering where he stands in your hearts/minds today.

Is there any news about him?
woppy71

Alby Mangles

Post by woppy71 »

I remember Alby Mangles from when his program aired over here. If I remember correctly, didn't he used to have a real character of a dog? I can't remember what he was called though. I think the program was called "Go with Alby" or something very similar:)
Behaviour breeds behaviour - treat people how you would like to be treated yourself
Rain

Alby Mangles

Post by Rain »

I think his first dog was named Sam. Someone shot him while Alby was gone once :(

When Alby did his yachting adventure, he had 2 dogs with him. Snowy and... and.... Freckles?... Tickles? :confused:
magentaflame

Alby Mangles

Post by magentaflame »

I remember Alby and others as a child.

But there is a satirical version of all these shows. Russell Coight. Look him up on youtube and put the links here. If you enjoy all those outback ruggered blokes telling you how to survive with a pocket knife and a flint stone this man is for you.

I remember my dad began to watch this show thinking it was serious, and got very upset when discovering it was hosted " by a cpmplete idiot".......he didnt get the joke. Lol or maybe dad had made a couple of mistakes up north which Russell reminded him of.
The 'radical' left just wants everyone to have food, shelter, healthcare, education and a living wage. Man that's radical!....ooooohhhh Scary!

Return to “Australia”