Past lives.

Discuss the metaphysical.
koan

Past lives.

Post by koan »

I remember quite a few of them...nobody famous yet :yh_cry

Why is it that so many people used to be Cleopatra or Napolean? I was a poor Irish woman once who's husband left me for a younger woman. Isn't that unusual. I was also a really nasty Roman politician...that's why I don't trust them. I've been a priestess twice, one Egyptian, one Atlantean (still not famous though), a nasty little kitchen witch in England

But now I'm just going on.........

If you remember one, who were you?

If you have odd attractions to places or memories of places you haven't been, what are they?
minks

Past lives.

Post by minks »

I was a commoner in Medieval times, female I believe.

I was also a pioneer woman and places south of my fair city are exceptionally familiar to me.

I have a very very strong attraction to Vancouver Island, I believe it calls for me, I think I am meant to life the "hippie life" there and every time I think about it I get a deep stirring inside and I have no control of it.
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
lady cop

Past lives.

Post by lady cop »

two things have always been powerfully evocative for me...the tropics and underwater realm...and England. my shaman is a shark. and my life in England was during Liz l reign. maybe as a bawdy barmaid. ;)..or mayhaps will be. :)
koan

Past lives.

Post by koan »

Being drawn to places is definately a sign re past lives. There are a number of places I would love to visit to see if I get that feeling of recognition.

Lady Cop. A bawdy barmaid! LOL somehow I can see that being true.
Raven

Past lives.

Post by Raven »

I find this subject very fascinating. I have a personal theory about it. I think the memories are very real. The sense of deja vu is very real. I dont think the past lives are our own, but that of our ancestors that lived before us. ALL of them. Our cells have memory. It's in our very dna. Since we are the living result of our entire family tree, I think the lives of our ancestors speak through our genetic makeup. Now say for instance, one of our ancestors had a certain traumatic event in their life that may have resulted in that life being cut off abruptly, maybe thats why we get 'memory' of it. It seems that most past life memories involve such a trauma. Who knows? It's just a theory.
~Quoth the Raven, Nevermore!~
A Karenina

Past lives.

Post by A Karenina »

How does a person know about past lives? I'm so confused! I tend to whine when I'm confused, has anyone noticed that? (LOL)

I had an in-depth astrology chart done for me once. It said I was deeply involved in Roman politics at one time - perhaps I knew you then, Koan. :) Perhaps I poisoned someone, who knows? I can't remember what else it said. I should hunt to see if I can dig that up.

I am not a very mystical person. I feel completely out of my element when the conversation turns to things like this, but I have had a few inexplicable things happen over the years. Even the hard-headed get a bit of mystery from time to time!

I'll tell you a story, and see what you think of it ~

I used to have this recurring dream, starting when I was a teen. It starts from nothing. I am in a house. I know it is on the beach, though I can't actually smell the salt. There are several people with me, families, children. Everyone is scared. Everyone is looking to me. I feel as if I've been bounced in from nowhere, and I don't know who these people are, or why they are afraid. But I can feel their fear, and my own resignation.

There is a sudden noise from outside, some distance from the house. The children begin to cry, and I snap at their parents to silence them. (At the same time I am outside of myself, and I am shocked at how mean that was.) There is a tunnel beneath the house, and I open the trapdoor, herding everyone into it. There isn't time for me to follow them. An angry mob of men arrives at the house; they are yelling.

I am now fully attached to myself, I no longer feel as if I am me and watching me at the same time. I close the trap door, turn, and run out of the house. I run directly towards the beach. The feel of sand sucking at my feet is irritating, my legs feel on fire, but I know the sand will be tightly packed where the tide went out. I just have to make it that far, unseen.

I don't make it. The men see me, and holding torches, they come after me. It doesn't evolve into one of those horrible dreams where you are trying to outrun something, and just can't. This is more immediate. I can't explain it.

There are large rocks on the beach, huge, 3 times taller than people. I make it to one of those ricks, and try to hide behind it, to get to the water. A man comes around the other side. I can feel his hatred of me as much as I can feel the sand beneath my feet. I also feel his knife biting into my skin, through my heart, and I feel his joy as well as the twist of that knife in my heart. Physically, not emotionally.

And at that point, I begin to separate again. I start telling myself I cannot die in a dream or I will die. So I see my body fall. And then I wake up.

I moved to Oregon in 1998. One of the first places I went to was Cannon Beach. The beach has huge rocks, 3 times talller than people. When I saw Haystack Rock, I sat down. My knees completely gave out. Took me a couple of hours to get the nerve to go near that rock. But finally my kids grew bored and loud enought that we went to explore it.

Haystack Rock is not the rock from my dream, I don't think. Haystack has tidepools all around it, where the one in my dream was simply imbedded in sand, no "extra" smaller rocks nearby. But I haven't had the dream since then.

I have no idea what that's all about. Koan, I'm begging for your expertise.

Attached files
We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.

Aristotle
koan

Past lives.

Post by koan »

Interesting theory, Raven.

I believe it was the essence that is "me" that was the people of my past lives because the memories are like any other memory that I have in experiencing them, except I look different.

Also I watched myself in the mirror, not on drugs, and watched my face change into a multitude of other faces. My eyes did not stay the same colour but still looked the same through the window of the pupil. I have had my memories confirmed by other psychics who I did not tell of my memories prior to the "reading".

A Karenina. That gives a bit of an answer to your first query, I hope.

Second query not as easy.

Recurring dreams have significant difference IMO to vivid dreams. It can mean an unresolved issue, a past life or preparation for something that will be happening in your life.

I think that your dream had some symbolism and some past life connection. The rock was where you were murdered, when you came across a similar place, the dreams stopped because you were there and you did not die. It released you from the dream because it became obvious that it was the past and no longer a threat to you. There are some aspects to the dream regarding your interaction with the people in it that have carried over into the way you interact or have interacted with people in this life. A strange sense of responsibility and the need to protect people even if they are not your responsibility directly. You may have had moment when you suddenly felt afraid or in danger while walking alone. I think you were actually a man when you were murdered. I also think the murder had strange circumstances. You were being made an example of. It was not an unplanned murder nor a murder resulting from having done something directly to the murderers that caused them to want to kill you. You were a threat to them because of your position or something you were involved in.

If any of this gives you a shiver then it is probably accurate information.

Something as traumatic as that usually causes subconscious reactions to situations out of the blue until that part of you realizes that this is a different life and the danger is gone. Your visit to the beach probably released you from a few phenomenons or behaviours that didn't make sense to you before.

Hope that is helpful.
kensloft

Past lives.

Post by kensloft »

Haven't seen any past lives. I have had plenty of deja vu but no past lives. I'm in this life and that is it. Love to say that I have had past lives but I can't/
A Karenina

Past lives.

Post by A Karenina »

koan, it was very helpful, thank you. :) Chillbumps galore. I'd ramble on in my usual fashion, but I need to get some sleep. Muah! Thanks again.
We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.

Aristotle
lady cop

Past lives.

Post by lady cop »

I JUST REMEMBERED! i was the bumbling Inspector Clouseau! ;)
Beth

Past lives.

Post by Beth »

I have past life memories of being worshipped by men. It was kinda fun stamping on a trail of balls, I wonder who I was. Oh, wait, that is a RL fantasy. God, I must have some serious issues. :p
kensloft

Past lives.

Post by kensloft »

lady cop wrote: I JUST REMEMBERED! i was the bumbling Inspector Clouseau! ;)
Now that you remember we can start a lawsuit against those terrible movie industry types for having stolen your identity and beause they have not paid you any royalties at all we can get them for mental anguish, pain and suffering. We'll ...er... You'll be rich...rich... rich.

All we'll have to do is prove that your past life was a fictional character and all will be copacetic. Woo-Hoo!
chicagolosina

Past lives.

Post by chicagolosina »

I've always had this thing about Morrocco. When I see pictures of Tangiers especially, or items, rugs, vases, etc. from there, I get all sentimental...India and the Carribbean do that to me as well, but not as strongly as Morrocco does.
capt_buzzard

Past lives.

Post by capt_buzzard »

lady cop wrote: I JUST REMEMBERED! i was the bumbling Inspector Clouseau! ;):D But he was French?
Lon

Past lives.

Post by Lon »

koan wrote: I remember quite a few of them...nobody famous yet :yh_cry

Why is it that so many people used to be Cleopatra or Napolean? I was a poor Irish woman once who's husband left me for a younger woman. Isn't that unusual. I was also a really nasty Roman politician...that's why I don't trust them. I've been a priestess twice, one Egyptian, one Atlantean (still not famous though), a nasty little kitchen witch in England

If you have odd attractions to places or memories of places you haven't been, what are they?
It's soooooo strange, but I was me in my past life.
koan

Past lives.

Post by koan »

Lon wrote: It's soooooo strange, but I was me in my past life.
I guess this is your second chance to get being you right. :D
koan

Past lives.

Post by koan »

PrinceMelek wrote: Such an interesting topic, no? Have always been curious and after a particularly 'trippy' experience in a flotation tank a few years ago where I experienced 'awake dreams' which I am sure were of past lives....roman emperor....first world war solider....african tribesman....I have been prompted to sign up for a weekend past life regression workshop in Italy to explore further......

I have had regression done and learned how to guide it myself. Very "trippy". It is done in relaxed state not under hypnosis as is commonly thought of. You see and remember things as if they were current life memories. Not like a dream. It is a memory. But a friend of mine who also did it started to doubt later because she was drawn to stories of similar things it came down to the chicken or egg scenario. Amazing how the mind can rationalize. She wept during the regression because she was that person. Now she thinks she took on the personae of an Emily Bronte character or Charles Dickens novel. I'm not going to argue with her. :)
koan

Past lives.

Post by koan »

3kidzforme wrote: I can't say I remember any past lives, however, I my grandparents told a story from my childhood.

We were driving on the highway into town and as we passed by the local state college, I tell my grandparents, "I used to run w/ the wolves there." I don't know how old I was, but less than 8 yrs old.

My daughter used to say the most incredible things. Past life memories galore. Unfortunately I couldn't encourage it because she had gruesome memories of torture and death the likes of which she had never been exposed to. I had to help her shut down to protect herself. :(

How do you explain torture to a four year old?
Der Wulf

Past lives.

Post by Der Wulf »

Is the theory that beings do not live, then return to the elements, but exist as a finite quantity that is constantly recycled? What is it that is recycled, and from wence comes the memories? :-3
Old age and treachery, is an acceptable response to overwelming youth and skill :D
kensloft

Past lives.

Post by kensloft »

Der Wulf wrote: Is the theory that beings do not live, then return to the elements, but exist as a finite quantity that is constantly recycled? What is it that is recycled, and from wence comes the memories? :-3
Matter can be neither created nor destroyed. Energy can be neither created nor destroyed. It is a matter of being able to practice the recollections that can be found within you.

Some peole can't remember themselves before the age of six. Some people can remember whenthey were youger than three. some people can remember their earliest days. It all depends upon how the parents taught the children. When the parents acknowledged the children. Etc.
Der Wulf

Past lives.

Post by Der Wulf »

kensloft wrote: Matter can be neither created nor destroyed. Energy can be neither created nor destroyed. It is a matter of being able to practice the recollections that can be found within you.

Some peole can't remember themselves before the age of six. Some people can remember whenthey were youger than three. some people can remember their earliest days. It all depends upon how the parents taught the children. When the parents acknowledged the children. Etc.
Don't know about your expertise in reincarnation, but were fer sure gonna have to talk about your science :D
Old age and treachery, is an acceptable response to overwelming youth and skill :D
kensloft

Past lives.

Post by kensloft »

Der Wulf wrote: Don't know about your expertise in reincarnation, but were fer sure gonna have to talk about your science :D
Oh boy! I get to go to science class with Der Wulfe! (see snoopy with foot bouncing in ecstasy). That you can change matter or energy is not in question. What is in question is that it is there at all!
smithy87

Past lives.

Post by smithy87 »

koan wrote: Being drawn to places is definately a sign re past lives. There are a number of places I would love to visit to see if I get that feeling of recognition.

Lady Cop. A bawdy barmaid! LOL somehow I can see that being true.

I can understand it when people say they are drawn to a place or country. I have had a fascination with America for a long time and have still never been! (well not in this life)
alobar51

Past lives.

Post by alobar51 »

Raven wrote: I find this subject very fascinating. I have a personal theory about it. I think the memories are very real. The sense of deja vu is very real. I dont think the past lives are our own, but that of our ancestors that lived before us. ALL of them. Our cells have memory. It's in our very dna. Since we are the living result of our entire family tree, I think the lives of our ancestors speak through our genetic makeup. Now say for instance, one of our ancestors had a certain traumatic event in their life that may have resulted in that life being cut off abruptly, maybe thats why we get 'memory' of it. It seems that most past life memories involve such a trauma. Who knows? It's just a theory.

My world is populated with hard science people, real left brain dominants. This topic is one that makes them extremely uncomfortable.

The universe is about efficiency. It doesn't waste a quark, and it recycles everything. Everything. The action of the universe is one of reducing and recycling, reducing and recycling. And this reducing process releases energy which is then transformed and recycled.

In light of these observations, to think that this one thing, our conciousness or soul, however you choose to define it, the essence of who we are, does not also get recycled in some way, seems absurd to me.

The form that it takes is another story.

Reknowned New York Psychic, Joan Pancoe, whom I absolutely trust and totally respect, is quite confident that it takes the form described here in this discussion, of actual identities.

On this, I'm not quite certain.

The universe is wholly concious. We are part of that conciousness. It is conceivable to me that we may simply be absorbed into that larger, universal conciousness. I know this idea makes many people squemish, because they want to be reassured that they're still them, and they don't think that this allows for that. I think it does, we're just spread out more.

It's just a theory.

Raven, I find your theory of psychic memory traveling on the DNA tree resonates strongly for me in explaining the karmic memories that people report.

I'm not sure how the two theories connect.
alobar51

Past lives.

Post by alobar51 »

Raven wrote: I find this subject very fascinating. I have a personal theory about it. I think the memories are very real. The sense of deja vu is very real. I dont think the past lives are our own, but that of our ancestors that lived before us. ALL of them. Our cells have memory. It's in our very dna. Since we are the living result of our entire family tree, I think the lives of our ancestors speak through our genetic makeup. Now say for instance, one of our ancestors had a certain traumatic event in their life that may have resulted in that life being cut off abruptly, maybe thats why we get 'memory' of it. It seems that most past life memories involve such a trauma. Who knows? It's just a theory.

This might be the most insightful thing I've ever read on this subject.
turbonium

Past lives.

Post by turbonium »

Who really knows if we are "re-born". But one thing I find kind of squirrelly is that when people have these "regressions" they inevitably go far back in time. You would think that your first regression would be to your most recent previous life. So if you were born in say, 1960, you would regress to the 1900's or something. Then back to the 1840's or so.

Unless after we die we "take a break" from Earth for a couple hundred years or something! :wah: Maybe we just float around in dimensionless space! And if we have lived all these past lives, what good are they when we don't even know what we did or who we were? We could be doomed to make the same stupid mistakes for eternity! :wah: :-3
Nuthrday

Past lives.

Post by Nuthrday »

I believe! I believe! I just haven't experienced! And have never had a real chart done, or a reading or any kind. Oddly, I am not only NOT out of my realm when these subjects come up, I am always on the edge of my seat with this information...love it.

Lady Cop--LOL! I hope you're better at your job in this life!
Felinessa

Past lives.

Post by Felinessa »

I had deja-vu only once. Given that I'm one of those annoying left-brained people, I've been trying to explain it, but, unfortunately, it's been 11 years since and the details are getting kind of cloudy. I'm also dealing with a chicken and egg question - was I influenced by the things I'd read? Am I thinking I was influenced because I've been reading things since then?

Anyways, this is the story - nothing really unusual.

I first went to England when I was 14. I was in a special high-school class which concentrated on everything English, so I'd read a bit and had seen pictures and documentaries. We stayed in Cambridge for a couple of weeks and did the usual touristy stuff around the area. One day, we were visiting King's College, which is quite lovely architecturally, perhaps the most interesting of all with those Gothic vaults, so maybe this is why it made such an impression on me. I should mention from the beginning that I have a poor sense of direction and mediocre 3-D visualization skills (something I learned first hand when I wasn't too great at 3-D geometry). So it takes me a bit before I learn my way around a place. The surprise I had at King's is that I walked on the college grounds the way you do when you come home, for example. You don't really *think* about the direction because your feet are taking you there automatically. Well, my feet were taking me around as if I just *knew* were I was going. Like I said, nothing to write home about, but a bit of an eerie feeling when you're the kind of person who needs to scout her way in unfamiliar places (i.e. I constantly take note of landmarks).

I'm not sure if I'd seen pictures of King's before or of its chapel. Maybe I had, and my subconscious remembered them, in which case it wasn't deja-vu. If this happened to me now, I'd be very suspicious because my PhD work is about Renaissance England, so I've been reading a fair bit, including the accounts of people who lived in some of those places, so any "memories" would probably be the memories of those I've read. But back then, I didn't have this baggage.

And I made an interesting connection just now (perhaps looking for patters far too hard :wah: ). I've always a kind of religious admiration for the academe. For some reason, I feel extremely privileged to be part of it, and not because this association fools people into thinking I'm smart. It's almost like it's my church - old university buildings have something quiet and sacred about them for me. And another thing: most people hate ceremonies, you know, when the profs wear those antiquated robes and hats and the dean makes the same tired speech every year. Okay, yes, the speeches are annoying. But I always feel emotion seeing the velvet robes, for some reason, and I feel like the rest of us lack decorum in our modernity. And two years ago, when I went to my master's graduation, I teared up seeing the new PhDs hooded. I didn't know those people, and I had no idea that the way to the degree would be as strewn with insecurities, second-guessing, and loss of heart as it is (methought you were just shepherded along through the program). So I can't say there was much personal empathy. Maybe I'm just the kind of person who loves ritual.

Or have I been a crusty academic before, you know, a secluded, sexually frustrated young man for whom these rituals were almost orgiastic because there was no other opportunity for entertainment?
The power of MEOW
rainbowsmiles

Past lives.

Post by rainbowsmiles »

I remember quite a few of them...nobody famous yet

I use my pendulum to uncover information about past lives for my family members but for me it has always maintained that I do NOT have one :( That is very disappointing.
koan

Past lives.

Post by koan »

rainbowsmiles wrote: I use my pendulum to uncover information about past lives for my family members but for me it has always maintained that I do NOT have one :( That is very disappointing.

I've never had much luck with pendulums. Percentage wise, that is. They move, just not in answer to my questions.
koan

Past lives.

Post by koan »

I have a book on past life regression with the meditation outline for how to do the regression. It also claims that future lives can be seen. I hesitate to try that because I'm hoping I don't have to come back.
koan

Past lives.

Post by koan »

A Practical Guide To Past Life Regression

Florence Wagner McClain

ISBN 0 87542 510 0

If you copy out the meditation on cards and practice the proper tone of voice you can try it on your friends. Be ready for weird things though. Using intuition is helpful.

One friend couldn't see anything until we figured out she was in a dark cave. lol.
alobar51

Past lives.

Post by alobar51 »

[QUOTE=koan;31549]Interesting theory, Raven.

I believe it was the essence that is "me" that was the people of my past lives because the memories are like any other memory that I have in experiencing them, except I look different.

Also I watched myself in the mirror, not on drugs, and watched my face change into a multitude of other faces. My eyes did not stay the same colour but still looked the same through the window of the pupil. I have had my memories confirmed by other psychics who I did not tell of my memories prior to the "reading".

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I met a Taoist adept in late 2001 named Joan Pancoe, who makes her living as what she describes as a "Psychic psychotherapist". She examined me one day. After observing me for several minutes she asked, "Do you see aura's?" I replied that I saw something, but the hard science guy in me could easily explain that as thermal changes caused by rising an falling stress hormone levels.

Then, after another couple of minutes, she asked, "Do faces morph for you?"

HELLO!!! I had been experiencing this phenomena, off and on, since early childhood. Whenever I would try to describe it to someone, they would look at me as if I had three heads.

She went to explain that this was past lives of the person I was seeing this way.

What you are describing here sounds exactly like what I've experienced.
koan

Past lives.

Post by koan »

So it does sound like the same. I'd not be surprised. If you watch yourself in the mirror you might pick up memories to go with the faces.

I do hope that you aren't constantly having this experience of morphing faces. It could make carrying on normal conversations quite difficult.
alobar51

Past lives.

Post by alobar51 »

koan;467285 wrote: So it does sound like the same. I'd not be surprised. If you watch yourself in the mirror you might pick up memories to go with the faces.

I do hope that you aren't constantly having this experience of morphing faces. It could make carrying on normal conversations quite difficult.

Joan asked me if I wanted to have that capacity all the time. I said I thought it would be tiring. She said you can turn it on and off at will, with training.

Return to “Magic Mystery”