Turkey holidays

A forum to discuss local issues in Asia, Africa, and the rest of the world.
pantsonfire321@aol.com

Turkey holidays

Post by pantsonfire321@aol.com »

Yes i've been and absolutely adored it :) i would recommend it as a holiday destination to anyone . The people were lovely its cheap and very hot (to hot infact for me). I would give it an all round 10/10:-6
Can go from 0 - to bitch in 3.0 seconds .:D

Smile people :yh_bigsmi

yep, this bitch bites back .;)
Gygz

Turkey holidays

Post by Gygz »

Yes I've been twice . Once to Istanbul which was amazing though i was glad to have a Turkish girl with me because no one speaks English.. Very crowded though and no open spaces . I stayed with a girl on the Eastern side and a girl on the European side .. what a contrast .. ( places I mean )

The other time was for sailing ..not much wind grr..I visited Ephesus too .. incredible place. and entire deserted Roman city ..

Hope you have a great time Wendy .. You should try Egypt too.. *sigh *
cherandbuster

Turkey holidays

Post by cherandbuster »

Wendybird :)

We have a wonderful member here named Onsekiz (affectionately known as OKMan!) who lives in Turkey.

He's a great guy; I'm sure he'd enjoy talking with you about it :-6
Live Life with

PASSION
!:guitarist

Gygz

Turkey holidays

Post by Gygz »

Wendybird wrote: Egypt is on my list too!

Ephesus is gorgeous and I also love Pamukale. Swimming through the flooded roman high street was an unbelievable experience. The fact that the huge columns that had been there in roman times were the same ones I was using as a water slide!

As for speaking Turkish? :o I have been trying to learn but it is just sooooo difficult.

Ice effes lutfen?

:D

That sounds amazing Wendy .. As for speaking Turkish..listening to my Turkish Friend realised there are certain sounds that it impossible for English speakers to pronounce .. But getting her to roll her rrrr's was so sexy .. I could listen to that for hours.. rrrrrrrr.. * sigh* .. I must get in touch again.. :D

Egypt .. go you must ..I'm there again in Jan

Makes note of Pamakula
Tigerlily

Turkey holidays

Post by Tigerlily »

I loved Turkey too. And I'd forgotten about swimming in the warm bubbly pool at Pamakele and how wonderful it was diving under the columns. Thanks for reminding me!
Bryn Mawr

Turkey holidays

Post by Bryn Mawr »

We've been three times so far, one to Istambul followed by a week in Erdek on the Sea of Marmaras - Istambul is an absolutely amaizing place.

The second was a quiet holiday in Chalis Beach near Fetheye but I enjoyed the third trip the best. We went flight only and hired a car at the airport then drove into central Turkey, ending up in Capadoccia to visit the underground cities. Then we drove down to Tarsus and back through Side - a couple of thousand miles in two weeks but a real eye opener.
YZGI

Turkey holidays

Post by YZGI »

Being from the US i figure its best if I stay home and "eat" my turkey on holidays.
Gygz

Turkey holidays

Post by Gygz »

YZGI wrote: Being from the US i figure its best if I stay home and "eat" my turkey on holidays.

You Americans should get out more .. It's sad that you guys don't travel more .. I know the London cab drivers miss you..:D
Secret_Santa_2006

Turkey holidays

Post by Secret_Santa_2006 »

Ho ho ho!

A very merry christmas to all in Turkey. Being in Turkey is much better than eating Turkey!

Santa's Niceometer

Lulu2

Turkey holidays

Post by Lulu2 »

Gosh...I thought this was about RECIPES! :wah:

But I've been to Turkey and enjoyed it a great deal! History everywhere, of course, and wonderful vegetarian food--much of it served cafeteria-style! The people were lovely to us and we had a great time at the Pera Palas in Istanbul!

Just DO NOT USE the womens' room at Topkapi Palace...OK? I've warned you...and now you know!
My candle's burning at both ends, it will not last the night. But ah, my foes, and oh, my friends--It gives a lovely light!--Edna St. Vincent Millay
michalswarm

Turkey holidays

Post by michalswarm »

Hi,

Choosing Turkey as holiday destination is a great idea if you are interested in knowing its ancient and historical background as well as its archaeological treasure. Turkey stands as the meeting point of Europe and Asia, so there's a rich mixture of cuisine, sights and sounds that can't be found anywhere else. You can enjoy the adventure loaded activities like water sports such as windsurfing, diving, water rafting sailing and water skiing.
cheap holidays turkey
Odie

Turkey holidays

Post by Odie »

gobble gobble!:yh_rotfl
Life is just to short for drama.
Oscar Namechange

Turkey holidays

Post by Oscar Namechange »

Odie;1291832 wrote: gobble gobble!:yh_rotfl Yep, I'm sure the Turkish community will be really Impressed with that comment !!!

Ever been to Turkey Odie?
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Odie

Turkey holidays

Post by Odie »

oscar;1291999 wrote: Yep, I'm sure the Turkish community will be really Impressed with that comment !!!

Ever been to Turkey Odie?

I saw turkey and just had to say it.:yh_rotfl

kind of like when others talk about Canadians they call us stupid eh?:yh_rotfl

No, never been there.
Oscar Namechange

Turkey holidays

Post by Oscar Namechange »

Odie;1292065 wrote: I saw turkey and just had to say it.:yh_rotfl

kind of like when others talk about Canadians they call us stupid eh?:yh_rotfl

No, never been there. I've never called Canadians stupid. Can't remember seeing any-one else here saying that either.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Odie

Turkey holidays

Post by Odie »

oscar;1292069 wrote: I've never called Canadians stupid. Can't remember seeing any-one else here saying that either.

they just assume it, its just a joke really.
denisemendias

Turkey holidays

Post by denisemendias »

That was nice, looks like your partner is worried about Turkey !!
minks

Turkey holidays

Post by minks »

denisemendias;1300774 wrote: That was nice, looks like your partner is worried about Turkey !!

I am considering it as one of my next vacations I would of course take a tour, not so sure going on my own like I did in Italy is so good these days.
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
Bryn Mawr

Turkey holidays

Post by Bryn Mawr »

minks;1300850 wrote: I am considering it as one of my next vacations I would of course take a tour, not so sure going on my own like I did in Italy is so good these days.

We're off over there again in a few weeks. Whenever we've been the locals could not have been more friendly and helpful. The only time we felt remotely threatened was when a couple of soldiers were late back from leave and tried to commandeer our car - they soon gave up and tried their luck elsewhere :wah:
minks

Turkey holidays

Post by minks »

Bryn Mawr;1300871 wrote: We're off over there again in a few weeks. Whenever we've been the locals could not have been more friendly and helpful. The only time we felt remotely threatened was when a couple of soldiers were late back from leave and tried to commandeer our car - they soon gave up and tried their luck elsewhere :wah:

Oooo lucky you getting to go back. I have read all kinds of info on it and it just looks facinating. I hope you post pics upon your return Bryn I would be most interested.
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
Bryn Mawr

Turkey holidays

Post by Bryn Mawr »

minks;1300879 wrote: Oooo lucky you getting to go back. I have read all kinds of info on it and it just looks facinating. I hope you post pics upon your return Bryn I would be most interested.

I'll search out the camera before I go.

Return to “Other Regions”