Halloween 2006

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
minks

Halloween 2006

Post by minks »

tmbsgrl wrote: :yh_pumpknWell it's almost here. When ya gonna start decorating?? Whatcha gonna be? Do you stay in and hand out candy- take the kids trick or treating- are ya gonna stay in and watch some scary movies?? We are planning on taking our daughter to a haunted maze. We'll hit a few haunted houses ourselves & maybe have a Halloween party the day before. :yh_ghost

hehehe Raven will like you she is a halloween fanatic ahahaha

I am the halloween grinch, I shut out all the lites and don't do anything.
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
Bryn Mawr
Site Admin

Halloween 2006

Post by Bryn Mawr »

tmbsgrl wrote: :yh_pumpknWell it's almost here. When ya gonna start decorating?? Whatcha gonna be? Do you stay in and hand out candy- take the kids trick or treating- are ya gonna stay in and watch some scary movies?? We are planning on taking our daughter to a haunted maze. We'll hit a few haunted houses ourselves & maybe have a Halloween party the day before. :yh_ghost

Our youngest always used to dress up and go round the close for treats - she and her friends would have a whale of a time whilst we fielded the kids following after.

Not sure I'd encourage the grandkids to do it though.
minks

Halloween 2006

Post by minks »

Aww come on minksie- You just need to come with Tim and I for Halloween! We have so much fun going to haunted houses and trick or treating & all. We have a pumpkin carving party- we have a blast!

ok looking up flights to arizona for halloween:wah:

― Mae West
minks

Halloween 2006

Post by minks »

tmbsgrl wrote: Cool- you'd have lots of fun!

I bet I would considering it has been ages since my girls went out trick or treating. :-6

― Mae West
Bryn Mawr
Site Admin

Halloween 2006

Post by Bryn Mawr »

tmbsgrl wrote: Why is that??

What was a quiet cul-de-sac on the edge of town 18 years ago is now a main road in the middle of a village.

Where we know everbody Rachael would be calling on then we know none of our neighbours now.

I couldn't ever explain to middle daughter that we thought her sons were safe.
Portia

Halloween 2006

Post by Portia »

i love halloween....i just ordered this headless horseman from legend of sleepy hollow....
DesignerGal

Halloween 2006

Post by DesignerGal »

IM going to be Snooze Control.

HBIC
Bryn Mawr
Site Admin

Halloween 2006

Post by Bryn Mawr »

tmbsgrl wrote: Oh- Well we walk all over town with our daughter.. She loves it!:-4

It wouldn't be the adventure it was to Rachael - off on her own (with friends but that didn't count) in the dark at 5 years old - she insisted on keeping the ritual until she reached 9 or 10.
Screamer

Halloween 2006

Post by Screamer »

Bryn Mawr wrote: It wouldn't be the adventure it was to Rachael - off on her own (with friends but that didn't count) in the dark at 5 years old - she insisted on keeping the ritual until she reached 9 or 10.
Either way, with 'rents or without. . . every kid should get to experience trick or treating!
fisher

Halloween 2006

Post by fisher »

I love Halloween. We go to a hanuted mansion for a party every year. I make my own costumes and usually win first prize. One year I built a coffin that I could walk in and it was the talk of the party. I guess it's getting close I better get to work on a new costume.
A witch will get a better grip on the broom if she is without panties!
cherandbuster

Halloween 2006

Post by cherandbuster »

DesignerGal wrote: IM going to be Snooze Control.

Oh that is a GREAT comment!

Are you saying that she's scary? :rolleyes:

:D
Live Life with

PASSION
!:guitarist

AussiePam

Halloween 2006

Post by AussiePam »

Not really a big festival in Australia, possibly partly because we're not in punkin season here. But a few trick or treaters do come round. I've got a witch's hat stashed somewhere. Grin. I spent one Halloween in Iola, in the Flint Hills of Kansas. That was really neat!!!
"Life is too short to ski with ugly men"

Angelica

Halloween 2006

Post by Angelica »

I love autumn and Halloween. I take my niece and nephews to Tarrytown, NY (Sleepy Hallow) to see their parade, they feature a headless horseman, then I usually go into NYC to see the adult Halloween parade in the Village (they feature...well, you can imagine...;) )..
MoreThanALover

Halloween 2006

Post by MoreThanALover »

Love Trick-or-Treating! Last year my uncle threw a Halloween party and my best friend and I went wearing army shirts..ny little brother was dressed up like a little army guy. Then I went trick-or-treating with my best friend and we were cowgirls with the freckles and everything. Stoped at a few houses that said we were too old to be out, then one of the last houses we stoped at this old lady looked at me and said "OH SHE'S A LITTLE PIRATE!!!" It was pretty funny, all I said was "yeaaahh..." There were a lot of pirates.
nvalleyvee

Halloween 2006

Post by nvalleyvee »

There aren't any kids where we live..........or should I say our houses are too far apart. We will go to the elementary school and make fun with the kids with our haunted house influence. Dang I miss the kids. We may go to an adult party too.
The growth of knowledge depends entirely on disagreement..........Karl R. Popper
Sheryl

Halloween 2006

Post by Sheryl »

I usually take the kids trick or treating earlier in the evening , so I'm home to hand out the candy later on. But around 9 the older kids start coming by which is good because by then I'm tired and I just dump the rest of the candy in thier bags. :D I don't need it since my kids have usually made a haul with candy themselves.

Ok so I wanna know, how many of you went through your kids bags and kept the good stuff for yourself? Come who stole the good chocolates? :D
"Girls are crazy! I'm not ever getting married, I can make my own sandwiches!"

my son
Babies_Mama00

Halloween 2006

Post by Babies_Mama00 »

EEEEEEEK Halloween this year scares me. Four days after Halloween this year is my due date and right now my biggest fear is that I am going to have him on Halloween!! I dont want that one bit. If anyone knew his daddy they would understand.....his child is going to be bad enough!! So this halloween I will be sitting in a dark corner keeping my fingers crossed!!
Marie5656

Halloween 2006

Post by Marie5656 »

We are boring..we shut all the lights, lock the doors, and just sit back and watch television all evening.

Return to “General Chit Chat”