Ernesto

A forum to discuss local issues in ME, VT, NH, MA, CT, RI, NY, PA, NJ, DE, MD, DC
allisonthegreat

Ernesto

Post by allisonthegreat »

I am in Charleston..Lots of rain here...a few power surges. Supposed to hit around Wrightsville Beach, N.C. here...The last few years they seem to skipping Charleston..Still it is pouring rain! I kind of like the rain...I just need the electricity.
Screamer

Ernesto

Post by Screamer »

(I'm in CT) We've had rain for the past two weeks, and now *gasp* there's actual sunlight!! But that'll soon be gone when we get the effects of Ernesto. Hope it's a baby storm by the time it gets up here!! :(
Tombstone

Ernesto

Post by Tombstone »

What is the latest news on Ernesto? Is it petering out just a bit?
Please use the "contact us" button if you need to contact a ForumGarden admin.
Screamer

Ernesto

Post by Screamer »

I don't know (yet) but I hear we're supposed to have some of him this weekend. Someone said he got stronger, but who knows, really??
Adam Zapple

Ernesto

Post by Adam Zapple »

allison, hang in there. I lived in Summerville from 88-96 and was there for Hugo. Hopefully, Ernesto will be minor. I worked at the shipyard until it closed and had to move away but I still love Charleston and would move back in a heartbeat. How long have you lived there?
allisonthegreat

Ernesto

Post by allisonthegreat »

Adam Zapple wrote: allison, hang in there. I lived in Summerville from 88-96 and was there for Hugo. Hopefully, Ernesto will be minor. I worked at the shipyard until it closed and had to move away but I still love Charleston and would move back in a heartbeat. How long have you lived there?
all my life and I was here during Hugo..It was really awful. especially the first two weeks. we had no electricity.ugh! My mom retired from the shipyard in 1996. yes, charleston is a lovely town, but extremely overpopulated now. the housing prices are astronomical..
Screamer

Ernesto

Post by Screamer »

All we had was some rain this weekend. And then on Sunday and Monday we had *gasp* sunshine! (But now it's raining again. . .)

Rain really puts a damper on things :mad:
lester88

Ernesto

Post by lester88 »

allisonthegreat;380726 wrote: I am in Charleston..Lots of rain here...a few power surges. Supposed to hit around Wrightsville Beach, N.C. here...The last few years they seem to skipping Charleston..Still it is pouring rain! I kind of like the rain...I just need the electricity.

I was in the worst of Ernesto when I went to VA

Scary stuff

Return to “New England / Mid Atlantic”