Fingers crossed I don't get banned again :p

New member introductions. Tell us a little about yourself. Then, click on "Blogs" above and start your own personal blog!
Felinessa

Post by Felinessa »

Yup, it's happened twice. Apparently, I'm a "flamebaiter," although I think I just tell the truth (and I try to be tactful too:( ). But on my last forum, posts condoning rape were permitted, while I was banned for 2 years for telling someone that the Bible has multiple versions and a long textual history ... (it wasn't a fundamentalist forum either).

Anyways, I promise to behave, although I still think that there is a difference between disagreeing with an opinion and flaming a person.

Which is why I should change my signature to "just my 2 cents" :-6
The power of MEOW
cherandbuster

Post by cherandbuster »

I haven't found any of your posts offensive, Felinessa.

You are well-informed and well-spoken.

We like that kind of person here :-6
Live Life with

PASSION
!:guitarist

Felinessa

Post by Felinessa »

Thanks, Cher :yh_hugs

And I should thank Mr. Google for pointing me to this forum. I've been looking for a varied and active one for a while now :yh_wink
The power of MEOW
spot

Post by spot »

cherandbuster wrote: We like that kind of person here :-6Ooooh, you never miss a chance to have a dig at me! I insist there's people who like me, you've just not met any of them yet.

As for Felinessa - you're well into the "gosh we like you" part of the introductory process, on the asset side of the register. So long as you don't just disappear you'll fit in perfectly. I'm spot, I've not said hi yet which is remiss of me so I thought I'd do it here.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
cherandbuster

Post by cherandbuster »

spot wrote: Ooooh, you never miss a chance to have a dig at me! I insist there's people who like me, you've just not met any of them yet.

Oh Spot my friend

You know I love you :-4
Live Life with

PASSION

Felinessa

Post by Felinessa »

Lol, hi all ;)

Pinky, what IS that thing in your avatar? Baby ostrich of the furry variety? :wah:
The power of MEOW
Rapunzel

Post by Rapunzel »

Hey Pinky sweetie, have you seen Floppy's Emich (isn't that a great word of Val's? :wah: ) with a plaster on its head? It's absolutely brilliant! Made me laff! I bet BR will just crease up when she sees it! :D
Accountable

Post by Accountable »

My spidey senses always go off when someone's intro mentions negatives. "Hi, how ya doin'? I'll probably **** you off. Friends??" We enjoy lively debate, right down to blasphemy and treason, without banning. Just take any warning (very rare) from admin seriously and stay away from personal attacks. I'm sure you'll be fine.

So far your stuff's been really low-key. Go to the religious forums. You'll find friends there in Ted and Bronwin. They're always talking about the Bible and it's various translations/interpretations etc.

Welcome! :-6
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

Hi!:)
Felinessa

Post by Felinessa »

Well, I didn't promise to **** anyone, whatever ****ing is :wah:

But I did want to get a sense for how tightly controlled the forums are. So far, it seems people are a lot friendlier than what I've seen so far, and I haven't seen a single post of the "I'm the mod, so you need to shut up" variety. I have a pretty good idea of what a personal attack is, especially that I run a *very* successful academic forum and we too had to make rules and keep things under control.

Now I wonder what MY spidey senses say :wah:

Choinsi, your bunny is the cutest. Real bunny or Google bunny?
The power of MEOW
Accountable

Post by Accountable »

No mods here. They just get in the way. :D
minks

Post by minks »

Hello Feline, whoot whoot another Canuck, Nomad will be loving this :D

Welcome to the garden, we have a great forum, we kind of self moderate with the head chief watching us closely. We are blessed with a "youthful maturity" meaning we can be playful but most of us are old enough to not let it get too mucky. I too have come from some past dodgy forums that had buttwipes for mods. They banned me because I liked to stick up for folks who were new and had opinions AHAHAHAHAHAHAH Those sorts still spy in on us from time to time but I think because we keep our forum tidy we bore them.

Anyhoooo to keep this brief and control my verbal diarhea, welcome, have fun ad post lots.

Its good to see more maple leafs in here. I am loving it....

Minks
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
Lulu2

Post by Lulu2 »

Welcome from me, too! We have something in common. I've just come from an unsatisfying board, too, and find the Garden here to be a delight! These're good people!
My candle's burning at both ends, it will not last the night. But ah, my foes, and oh, my friends--It gives a lovely light!--Edna St. Vincent Millay
cherandbuster

Post by cherandbuster »

minks wrote: buttwipes for mods

Ah yes

That's our Minxsie being eloquent again :p
Live Life with

PASSION

white_rose

Post by white_rose »

Welcome to FG, Felinessa :)

Everything has already been said, enjoy the forum :-6

Oh..my favourite message I get on the net is:

"You have been banned by this forum. Please contact the Administrator"

uhmmm........nooo not really.....the Admin is the ex...why would I want to contact.nuff said :-5
cherandbuster

Post by cherandbuster »

white_rose wrote: Welcome to FG, Felinessa :)

the Admin is the ex...why would I want to contact.nuff said :-5

Oh White Rose :-6

That does sound interesting

Care to share a few details with us? :p
Live Life with

PASSION

cars

Post by cars »

Hi Felin, welcome to the garden.
Cars :)
RedGlitter

Post by RedGlitter »

Hi Felinessa :)

It will be good to get to know yet another opinionated soul! I know you'll like it here. It's a pretty mature, and very intelligent forum, unlike some I've been in before. Lots of nice people here, even when they don't always agree on the issues! Welcome!!

ps: I am also a big fan of Sarah Brightman! It's extra nice to meet you! ;)
Accountable

Post by Accountable »

Diuretic wrote: Not you Pinky, I'll have to step up and wear this one :o

Hang on though....I'll just read back through the thread...........it's okay, we can pin it on Accountable, he started it :D

Anyway, it's not digressing, it's creativity!
Pinky wrote: I should have known...he's a right troublemaker, he is!:rolleyes:

(kidding, Acc!) :D
It's like getting pelted in the back of the head with snowballs.
Rapunzel

Post by Rapunzel »

RedGlitter wrote:

ps: I am also a big fan of Sarah Brightman! It's extra nice to meet you! ;)

Does this mean you're another Phantom phan? Woohoo!!! :D

Adam Zapple

Post by Adam Zapple »

Hi Felinessa, it's really good to have you at FG. I was banned from a forum once. A new poster asked why they didn't have so-and-so and the mods responded "We don't have so-and-so, don't want so-and-so, and if you want so-and-so go find it on another forum. I replied, "you can find so-and-so at ****forum." I was banned for trying to "steal" their members.:sneaky:
RedGlitter

Post by RedGlitter »

Rapunzel wrote: Does this mean you're another Phantom phan? Woohoo!!! :D

Absolutely!! :D Pleased to meet you Rapunzel! Which version is your favorite? I've only seen the 80s version with Robert Englund and the recent version. I liked the 80s version better but any Phantom is a good Phantom! :)

AZ, that is a stupid reason for kicking someone out of a forum. I figure when people are silly like that, it's sometimes better to take your marbles elsewhere anyway. :cool:
Felinessa

Post by Felinessa »

Well, folks, I have to say that this new learning amazes me. So kindly explain again how sheep's bladders may be employed to prevent earthquakes. :wah:

As far as the Phantom goes, hmm, I have very mixed feelings about it. On the one hand, I'm attracted to the baroque of the story like a moth to a flame. On the cynical hand, it's self-pitying mush. And Weber ain't Wagner :wah: But I quite enjoyed the book, much more than the recent movie, which to me was a huge disappointment. However, that's what happens when singers are trying to be actors, since few are equally good at both.

Thanks for the good welcoming words. The nicest thing about this forum is that it's not home to the world's broken hearts. Oh, and you people can spell :wah: I know that makes me sound anal-retentive, but the one thing I hate about forums populated by teens and the lowest common denominator is the text-speak and the utter lack of punctuation. But u iz koo, in my humble opinion :wah:
The power of MEOW
Nomad

Post by Nomad »

So kindly explain again how sheep's bladders may be employed to prevent earthquakes

Well if you dont know Im certainly not going to tell you.

hmph
I AM AWESOME MAN
AussiePam

Post by AussiePam »

Welcome Felinessa!! This is a fine Forum. Everyone is of course eccentric - I mean sheeps' bladders, shrubberies and bursting one's pimples in the general direction of some poor bastard's auntie.... this can only lead inexorably towards total dottiness .... .... ....... .............................

DEEP THOUGHT !!! What is lacking in my existence???? I've never been banned???? I've never even been arrested (well there was that skinny dipping thingie but the cop only arrested the others and gave me his coat.... ) nar. BORING!!! Is being banned kind of like losing one's virginity????? Sigh.... Ah well, back to my drab, humdrum little life...

Attached files
"Life is too short to ski with ugly men"

OpenMind

Post by OpenMind »

Felinessa, hi and welcome to FG. You should do alright here. Opinions very welcome. I'm lucky that I found this forum shortly after I first started searching for a forum. So, I haven't had the experience of being banned from any forums. This one takes most of my time now.

I like Isaac Asimov. I love his Foundation Trilogy, although I haven't read it in years now.

I too like to see good English written. It makes it so much easier to read. When a post is full of spelling and punctuation errors, I find I have to keep rereading the sentence to understand the context.

I also come a right cropper with all the abbreviations used. I do not a lot of them and just try to understand the meaning from the context of the sentence. Often, I fail.

Hope you enjoy it here. I've a feeling you will though.:-6
Accountable

Post by Accountable »

I got banned once for posting something in this Garden, but another forum did the banning! :-2
OpenMind

Post by OpenMind »

Accountable wrote: I got banned once for posting something in this Garden, but another forum did the banning! :-2

Really. I didn't know that. What was that all about?

By the way, how are ya both settling in?
Accountable

Post by Accountable »

OpenMind wrote: Really. I didn't know that. What was that all about?

By the way, how are ya both settling in?I'd tell ya, but then I'd hafta ban ya. :wah:

Goodbye ....... goo-
OpenMind

Post by OpenMind »

Accountable wrote: I'd tell ya, but then I'd hafta ban ya. :wah:

Goodbye ....... goo-

No, come back!:wah:

Well, I couldn't take a banning from the FG. I'll just have to remain ignorant.:rolleyes:
Rapunzel

Post by Rapunzel »

Accountable wrote: I'd tell ya, but then I'd hafta ban ya. :wah:

Goodbye ....... goo-

Hey OM - Acc called you 'goo'. hehehe :D ;) :wah:
OpenMind

Post by OpenMind »

Rapunzel wrote: Hey OM - Acc called you 'goo'. hehehe :D ;) :wah:

So he did, Rap. What shall I do for having been called 'goo'?:thinking:

Return to “Introductions”