Sunday we observe birth

Monday to mourn but death

Tuesday the order is love

Wednesday in hate we rove

Thursday gladness may reign

Friday smeared with pain

On Saturday any could repeat

As the drums of irony may beat
A formula for tact: "Be brief politely, be aggressive smilingly, be emphatic pleasantly, be positive diplomatically, be right graciously".
Paula

A World Of Ironies

Post by Paula »

How about a plant poem? Something green?
Everyone has these on their face? TULIPS.
polycarp

A World Of Ironies

Post by polycarp »

Paula wrote: How about a plant poem? Something green?

Hmm! Paula and plants, okay I'll give it a try.
A formula for tact: "Be brief politely, be aggressive smilingly, be emphatic pleasantly, be positive diplomatically, be right graciously".
koan

A World Of Ironies

Post by koan »

Yes, life can be a Divine Comedy and Tragedy at the same moment. That may be the wonder of it all.
polycarp

A World Of Ironies

Post by polycarp »

koan wrote: Yes, life can be a Divine Comedy and Tragedy at the same moment. That may be the wonder of it all.
But between tragedy and comedy, which permeates the strectch of a life time more?. Do we spend more time being happy or sad? Or does it vary from one individual to another? I can remember reading a publication long time ago in which someone described happiness as "an interlude in the general drama of pain". What do you think?
koan

A World Of Ironies

Post by koan »

Personally, I laugh in the most painful of moments. Both physical and emotional. It helps to deal with the hurt. A sense of humour is the most precious possession a person can have.

I spend more time laughing. I also try to help others do the same. Guilty of being a true Pollyanna at times...annoying as that can be.
polycarp

A World Of Ironies

Post by polycarp »

koan wrote: Personally, I laugh in the most painful of moments. Both physical and emotional. It helps to deal with the hurt. A sense of humour is the most precious possession a person can have.

I spend more time laughing. I also try to help others do the same. Guilty of being a true Pollyanna at times...annoying as that can be.

Your approach to life is commendable. I wish I could laugh as much as you do. My main defensive mechanism to painful moments is to read a book or listen to music, and the content of the book or the wordings of the music further determine my mood. If they are humorous, I find myself laughing and near depressed if otherwise.
koan

A World Of Ironies

Post by koan »

polycarp wrote: Your approach to life is commendable. I wish I could laugh as much as you do. My main defensive mechanism to painful moments is to read a book or listen to music, and the content of the book or the wordings of the music further determine my mood. If they are humorous, I find myself laughing and near depressed if otherwise.

If someone is hurtful then you give them power by being hurt. Don't know if this is a great motivation for happiness but it helped me. If the hurt is unintentional...I listen to Patsy Cline and let myself mourn really solid for about a day. Then look forward to better days and carry on. If it is a deep hurt I give it the value it deserves, whatever that time may be and try to remember that the hurt will go away. In the end...everything happens for a reason. Sometimes what we think we want would have been disasterous had we gotten it.
polycarp

A World Of Ironies

Post by polycarp »

koan wrote: If someone is hurtful then you give them power by being hurt. Don't know if this is a great motivation for happiness but it helped me. If the hurt is unintentional...I listen to Patsy Cline and let myself mourn really solid for about a day. Then look forward to better days and carry on. If it is a deep hurt I give it the value it deserves, whatever that time may be and try to remember that the hurt will go away. In the end...everything happens for a reason. Sometimes what we think we want would have been disasterous had we gotten it.
Well put Coan, but how do you handle those who hurt you intentionally, do you just walk away or give them what they deserve?
Paula

A World Of Ironies

Post by Paula »

Koan will never "Fall To Pieces" Never. I don't get mad, i listen and can see at times i do p!$$ people off badly, i don't intend to, it happens...my ideas about life, as they are blunt and to the point, too many people have played tricks on me, so now the circus is closed. you give some-one an inch & next thing you know its about well i won't say how many inches...No time for that...
koan

A World Of Ironies

Post by koan »

polycarp wrote: Well put Coan, but how do you handle those who hurt you intentionally, do you just walk away or give them what they deserve?
I walk away knowing they will get what they deserve.

Um. Can you spell my name right? It is from Zen "koan" and with a "c" it loses it's meaning.
polycarp

A World Of Ironies

Post by polycarp »

Paula wrote: Koan will never "Fall To Pieces" Never. I don't get mad, i listen and can see at times i do p!$$ people off badly, i don't intend to, it happens...my ideas about life, as they are blunt and to the point, too many people have played tricks on me, so now the circus is closed. you give some-one an inch & next thing you know its about well i won't say how many inches...No time for that...
Paula, you are indeed blunt in putting forward your ideas/opinions. Incidently I as a person truly appreciate people like you, who say out what's in their minds point blank. People like you are much easier to interact with and always have something to offer in an interactive session. It is unfortunate that some people may not think like me but as far as I am concerned, such people only misapprehend the friendly and easygoing person that you really are. You are indeed a sweet and wonderful person with a warm hearth. I hope you are aware of that.

Koan, you seem to have a laid down way of life that suites any situation you may find yourself in. Please tell me, does any situation ever take you by surprise? You seem to be prepared for all life's vagaries, be they positive or negative.
Paula

A World Of Ironies

Post by Paula »

Polycarp, i listen...i am the WhIPPing Post here, i offer a splendid gift for the insecure who need to express themselves...people are tough, they gang up, i'm okay about it, its just a FOrum so who knows what is REAllY happening?

Please note for SOME:

FORUms entertain co-dependency, one attaching to the other, or using another to gain attention? You are just being friendly conversing and getting a beating at the same time.

You wonder, we cannot talk about the members, not nice.Hang in there, you are an excellent poet.

YOU MUST though spell the others names correctly, she is pissed at you now & not me!!! :yh_beatup
polycarp

A World Of Ironies

Post by polycarp »

Thanks Paula, I think i need to go back and edit all my mis-spellings of the great name. Being who she is, i know she'll understand and and take it kindly.

I'm truly sorry Koan for being careless with spelling your name.
Paula

A World Of Ironies

Post by Paula »

its just a name, i get called alot of names...don't be so hard on yourself, there are many others to talk to. Koan may be more responsive at another time, she is focused elsewhere at the moment. Everyone knows now we are in "pain" we need to stop discussing her. GoldenRod causes allergies. :yh_beatup
polycarp

A World Of Ironies

Post by polycarp »

Thanks Paula foe being so nice. I really need your kind words at this moment of trial. I appreciate your being a friend when I needed one. You're like a warm blanket in winter season.
Paula

A World Of Ironies

Post by Paula »

Helen, if you have a heart, you don't take sides...anything is possible here. :yh_beatup this is a favorite icon....
koan

A World Of Ironies

Post by koan »

Paula wrote: its just a name, i get called alot of names...don't be so hard on yourself, there are many others to talk to. Koan may be more responsive at another time, she is focused elsewhere at the moment. Everyone knows now we are in "pain" we need to stop discussing her. GoldenRod causes allergies. :yh_beatup

You are very right, Paula. On both counts. I just moved to a new house and I'm still surrounded by boxes :( I've been online but only had time to attend to a few things. And I don't get all the notifications from this thread.

Polycarp. I'm not mad at you. It is just a name (although one I hope to make famous one day :o ) I can't believe you went and changed them all...that must have taken some time. Sorry it took so long to respond...Despite my serenity I am in chaos. It's not even serene chaos. I've actually lost my temper! Need to find it again this weekend.

Helen. I think that's a WONDERFUL idea. I'll see what I can come up with. Probably in Body Mind & Soul. (I think Paula misunderstood your reference to agreeing and thought it was about the name thing.)

Whew. Is everyone feeling better now? :-6
polycarp

A World Of Ironies

Post by polycarp »

I make this post with a sigh of relief. Thank you very much Koan for understanding. You've really lived your name. I was really worried and depressed hither to now. In fact, I'll log out right away and go get me a drink to celebrate this moment.

Paula and Helen, I want you two to know that I appreciate everything. Cheers!
koan

A World Of Ironies

Post by koan »

polycarp wrote: I make this post with a sigh of relief. Thank you very much Koan for understanding. You've really lived your name. I was really worried and depressed hither to now. In fact, I'll log out right away and go get me a drink to celebrate this moment.

Paula and Helen, I want you two to know that I appreciate everything. Cheers!

LOL.

You can drink in my name anytime. Just don't drive afterwards.

Cheers.
polycarp

A World Of Ironies

Post by polycarp »

koan wrote: LOL.

You can drink in my name anytime. Just don't drive afterwards.

Cheers.
He he he! thanks for the advice Koan. It's noted and will always be adhered to.

Return to “Poetry Writing Forum”