Trying to find a new Primary Doctor

Issues relating specifically to women's health.
Marie5656

Post by Marie5656 »

I am looking for a new primary care doctor. I am really less than happy with my current one. Thing is...I want a Doctor who deals with older patients, but most tell me I am still "too young" as most who have them as thier specialty, have a minimum age of 55 or 60! Gee..I am 52 and am still being told I am too young for stuff.:(

My sis in law said I should go to an orthopedic Dr for the arthritus issues...but do I really want a group of doctors...one for primary, one for ortho and one for woman's health?

Oh well, guess I will just keep looking.:)
Nomad

Post by Nomad »

As a mad scientist I believe I would qualify as being considered a "branch" (loosely perhaps) of the medical establishment. May I consider you as my newest patient ?
I AM AWESOME MAN
Marie5656

Post by Marie5656 »

Nomad wrote: As a mad scientist I believe I would qualify as being considered a "branch" (loosely perhaps) of the medical establishment. May I consider you as my newest patient ?

Ummm..can I get back to you?
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

Mad scientist on the loose.......................
RedGlitter

Post by RedGlitter »

I sympathize with you Marie. I had 3 doctors an djust condensed them to two. My new primary won't handle my mental health so I have to continue to go to the lowcost shrink place I can't stand. Sometimes you do need three if they all offer yout he best treatment but it's a convenience to have it all under one doctor. I find having more than one, they're not all on the same page with my medications and treatments. :(
Marie5656

Post by Marie5656 »

I am bumping this, because I did find one, finally..and went for my first visit today.

Sorry, Nomad, I like this one, and guess I will not need your skills as a mad scientist.

She seems really nice, and her specialty is Interal medicine/geriatrics.

She was surprised that I had never been sent for X Rays to determine the type and state of my arthritis. She is sure it is Osteo, the more common, but I will be getting my hip and knees zapped with X Rays next month.

So, I am glad I was persistent and kept looking.
guppy

Post by guppy »

glad you found a doctor marie. :-6
daBunnyWendy7

Post by daBunnyWendy7 »

Dear Marie. My Father in law has several forms of arthritis. Bursitis CAN be well treated with pysical therapy. Check into it w xrays or other non invasive techniques.Good luck, Marie. I'm sorry you have this painful ailment.

Warm Fuzzy Bunny Hugs,:-4

Wendy
Wendybunny

Everyone can make the world a better place!

Return to “Women's Health”