Rhythm Festival

Been on a great vacation or location recently? Share with us your travels, your tips, great places to stay, and whatever else you can think of.
OpenMind

Rhythm Festival

Post by OpenMind »

Last weekend I went to the Rhythm Festival. This was held within walking distance of where I live which was a bonus. Thanks go to Spot for announcing this venue earlier in the year on the forum.

In the afternoon, I experimented with my camera. I took several videos of John Otway. Unfortunately, the speakers were too loud for the camera and the resulting sound recording was distorted.

In the evening, I experimented with taking photos without flash. In this mode, the camera's anti-shake function doesn't work. As the audience was active, a tripod was out of the question. This meant that I ended up taking dozens of shots with only a couple that were actually sharp enough to use.

These photos were taken on Friday. More tomorrow.

http://s67.photobucket.com/albums/h295/ ... interval=3
sunny104

Rhythm Festival

Post by sunny104 »

very cool! :yh_sungla :-6
OpenMind

Rhythm Festival

Post by OpenMind »

sixyearsleft wrote: Great pics :-6

are you gonna post the videos?

I deleted the videos. I couldn't stand the sound distortion.

EDIT. I haven't deleted the videos, but the sound is really bad. If you really want to see a video, I will post
CheshireCat

Rhythm Festival

Post by CheshireCat »

Oh, I LOVE Arlo! :-4

I always feel so revived after seeing him, light and happy! :-4
"My body is the earth but my head is in the stars."

God Bless BR!!!
chonsigirl

Rhythm Festival

Post by chonsigirl »

Wow, that is cool, what a guitar!
OpenMind

Rhythm Festival

Post by OpenMind »

I do still have the videos, but the sound quality is lousy. If any one wants to see a video of John Otway, I will upload one or two.
minks

Rhythm Festival

Post by minks »

OpenMind wrote: I do still have the videos, but the sound quality is lousy. If any one wants to see a video of John Otway, I will upload one or two.

those are great yes upload the vid we all have the option of turning off the sound.
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
OpenMind

Rhythm Festival

Post by OpenMind »

Ok, so at the moment, Photobucket is having problems accepting the video upload. Bear with me. I'll try again at another time.

Anyway, the story goes on. Friday night I couldn't sleep, despite gallons of real ale which they rapidly ran out of at the festival. Jim driver, the organiser, has since apologised for this undersight.

During the night, a couple appeared at our camp hoping we could point them to hers. We had no idea where their camp was. This was no ordinary couple. The guy was huge and had his massive palms wrapped around the girl's head, which was full of long auburn hair. His was equally long, blonde, and luscious. She just about managed to reach his waist. What a sight. They managed to find us 5 times during the night, but they couldn't find her camp. I saw them again on Sunday as they wandered from the main arena to the alternative arena (yes, there were two stages).

Finally the light of the sun started to filter through and I started to take photos again.

These are photos I took of the camp sight between Friday evening and Saturday morning.

chonsigirl

Rhythm Festival

Post by chonsigirl »

Nice sunrise pictures in there OM........................................:-6
OpenMind

Rhythm Festival

Post by OpenMind »

chonsigirl wrote: Nice sunrise pictures in there OM........................................:-6

Thank you, Chonsi. The story will continue tomorrow with some more pics to delight those that love nature.
OpenMind

Rhythm Festival

Post by OpenMind »

So, Saturday morning, I decide to pop down to the local village shop to get a couple of provisions.

On the way down, I stopped to capture these:

Alas, when I came to use the camera later, the battery had been exhausted. I'm not surprised really considering the number of videos and shots I actually took (including all the wasted shots trying to photo the performances Friday evening without flash. You guessed it, I haven't got another battery... yet. Will have to have another go at locating one or two.

Still, in hindsight, I should have tried to take some as the battery tends to gain a bit of a charge if not used for a while. Not much, but enough to at least get a decent shot of the Harpers.
Bryn Mawr
Site Admin

Rhythm Festival

Post by Bryn Mawr »

That's one weird double neck.

I'm more used to :--

studio2_sm.jpg

and

cambcorn_ex1_sm.jpg

as being easier to play (I've seen Bryan (top) playing both necks at once).

Attached files

Return to “Travel Vacation”